Paul Ince / Roy Keane or Billy Davies

Glasgow_Saint

Nothing will change. It'll be the same or worse by Monday

What a sad, sad state we're in. The worst in over 30 years and now no sign at all of improving. In the old days something would always happen to pick things up but those days are long past. I'm finally resigned to that now.....

Would love to see RK here - not for the football - but just to get ripped into some of these players and explain what it means to the average 'working man' in the street. So much for the 'pride' - where the hell did that go?

Nothing will change. It'll be the same or worse by Monday

What a sad, sad state we're in. The worst in over 30 years and now no sign at all of improving. In the old days something would always happen to pick things up but those days are long past. I'm finally resigned to that now.....

So how much further do you think that we will fall before we bottom out....??? Blue square anybody...???

I'd love to see Roy Keane discussing the term 'work ethic' with David McGoldrick.

Personally I dont think the conversation would take place until Keane had ragged his lazy ass around the training ground for a week solid.

From the little I've seen and what I've heard - DMG is a man who readibly believes his own headlines - time for a good kickin' and reality check methinks.

As much as I hate to say it, Jan needs to step down as head coach before it's to late. We don't seem to be able to adapt to certain situations thrown at us during the game, if things don't go are way ie no plan b.

Out of work managers that could come in...

Roy Keane

Paul Ince

Terry Venables

Glen Hoddle

David O'Leary

Billy Davis

Kevin Keegan

Alan Curbishley

As much as I hate to say it, Jan needs to step down as head coach before it's to late. We don't seem to be able to adapt to certain situations thrown at us during the game, if things don't go are way ie no plan b.

Roy Keane

Paul Ince

Terry Venables

Glen Hoddle

David O'Leary

Billy Davis

Kevin Keegan

Alan Curbishley

This is ridiculous! None of these would be interested.

We have to look at lower league managers/coaches that would work with youngsters and no transfer budget in my opinion. Names such as Jim Gannon at Stockport, Nigel Adkins at S****horpe, Kenny Jackett at Millwall, John Sheridan at Oldham, Peter Taylor at Wycombe, Paul Tisdale at Exeter or Gary Waddock at Aldershot are in our league.

I would go for Gannon or Taylor with Paul Tisdale as a long shot.

Think either of those would do good for us. They are hard lined managers and simply will not be happy with tip tap football. If i had to choose i would go for Keane but i think without any money he would not come here even if we could afford him. Ince i think would come here and i think would do very well with our squad, he is very much in the Pearson mould of manager. Plus he has ALOT of football contacts around europe who no doubt would give him a favour or two. The only problem is whoever did come in would have to now win instantly. Jan has ****ed up so bad that we have to win 7 of our last 22 games just to be on par (12 wins 12 loses). That means minimum of 33% win ratio. That is quite high and would be difficult.

Think either of those would do good for us. They are hard lined managers and simply will not be happy with tip tap football. If i had to choose i would go for Keane but i think without any money he would not come here even if we could afford him. Ince i think would come here and i think would do very well with our squad, he is very much in the Pearson mould of manager. Plus he has ALOT of football contacts around europe who no doubt would give him a favour or two. The only problem is whoever did come in would have to now win instantly. Jan has ****ed up so bad that we have to win 7 of our last 22 games just to be on par (12 wins 12 loses). That means minimum of 33% win ratio. That is quite high and would be difficult.[/quote]

That is frightening!

Think either of those would do good for us. They are hard lined managers and simply will not be happy with tip tap football. If i had to choose i would go for Keane but i think without any money he would not come here even if we could afford him. Ince i think would come here and i think would do very well with our squad, he is very much in the Pearson mould of manager. Plus he has ALOT of football contacts around europe who no doubt would give him a favour or two. The only problem is whoever did come in would have to now win instantly. Jan has ****ed up so bad that we have to win 7 of our last 22 games just to be on par (12 wins 12 loses). That means minimum of 33% win ratio. That is quite high and would be difficult.

Why would Ince or Keane come to us? Dream on.....

Why would Ince or Keane come to us? Dream on.....

Simply because they want a job with no pressure. Ince went to Maccelsfield and kept them in what div 3? Then went to MK Dons. The jump to prem league was probably to soon. I can see him wanting to go to a club and build something. He will not get offered another prem job, it just doesnt happen. People like Ince/Davies/Keane/Pardew/Adams/Curbishley and Keane etc.. will not be offered another prem team, they will have to go to a CCC team and do what people like Mcarthey/Coleman/Jones/ are doing. Very few if any of the CCC team have loads of money to burn like we did when we spent 12m in 2 seasons. All clubs are having to tighten their belts. So looking at the league where would those managers go? My view is those managers are not being managers for money, it has never been about money, they are all multi-millionaires. People like Ince/Keane if they wanted could probably buy more shares in our club then people like Lowe can. The reason they manage is because they are addicted to football the same as you and me, they are so used to winning and being a success that they simply can't walk away from the game.

So you say dream on but reality is none of those managers will get offered prem jobs and will take most CCC jobs regardless of money. If they take the job and fail they say they had awful resources and use that as a way to make them look better. Where as if they come in and actually save a team from relegation (such as Ince did at Maccelsfield and Keane did at Sunderland) makes their reputation go sky high. They would see a club like ours as something where they can build something slowley over time.

Simply because they want a job with no pressure. Ince went to Maccelsfield and kept them in what div 3? Then went to MK Dons. The jump to prem league was probably to soon. I can see him wanting to go to a club and build something. He will not get offered another prem job, it just doesnt happen. People like Ince/Davies/Keane/Pardew/Adams/Curbishley and Keane etc.. will not be offered another prem team, they will have to go to a CCC team and do what people like Mcarthey/Coleman/Jones/ are doing. Very few if any of the CCC team have loads of money to burn like we did when we spent 12m in 2 seasons. All clubs are having to tighten their belts. So looking at the league where would those managers go? My view is those managers are not being managers for money, it has never been about money, they are all multi-millionaires. People like Ince/Keane if they wanted could probably buy more shares in our club then people like Lowe can. The reason they manage is because they are addicted to football the same as you and me, they are so used to winning and being a success that they simply can't walk away from the game.

So you say dream on but reality is none of those managers will get offered prem jobs and will take most CCC jobs regardless of money. If they take the job and fail they say they had awful resources and use that as a way to make them look better. Where as if they come in and actually save a team from relegation (such as Ince did at Maccelsfield and Keane did at Sunderland) makes their reputation go sky high. They would see a club like ours as something where they can build something slowley over time.

Sorry Marco. you're in dreamland! Do you really think wealthy , successful premiership players come managers would work for Lowe with his methods?

Ince and Keane will get another chance at the top you mark my words. Coming to us having to sell everyone with no transfer budget, not in full control.......no chance!!!

Sorry Marco. you're in dreamland! Do you really think wealthy , successful premiership players come managers would work for Lowe with his methods?

Ince and Keane will get another chance at the top you mark my words. Coming to us having to sell everyone with no transfer budget, not in full control.......no chance!!!

Oh dont get me wrong none of them will put up with Lowe and his nonsense. But in terms of jobs there are only a handful of teams in the prem league who would give them the job of manager. They failed in their last jobs with millions to spend and majority of CCC teams are in trouble someway or another. Look at the teams who came down last year. 1 is 2nd to bottom of the league and 1 is near the relegation zone. Having loads of money does not mean your escape the toughness of the league. Nobody gets fired when their team is near the top only when they are near the bottom, such is how football works.

Oh dont get me wrong none of them will put up with Lowe and his nonsense. But in terms of jobs there are only a handful of teams in the prem league who would give them the job of manager. They failed in their last jobs with millions to spend and majority of CCC teams are in trouble someway or another. Look at the teams who came down last year. 1 is 2nd to bottom of the league and 1 is near the relegation zone. Having loads of money does not mean your escape the toughness of the league. Nobody gets fired when their team is near the top only when they are near the bottom, such is how football works.

Sorry Reading and Birmingham disprove that....

Roy Keane

Paul Ince

Terry Venables

Glen Hoddle

David O'Leary

Billy Davis

Kevin Keegan

Alan Curbishley

Any of the above just not Jan please please please!

Sorry Reading and Birmingham disprove that....

How exactly do Birmingham and Reading disprove that? If you mean as in because they currently sit 2nd and 3rd? Look at the league table and your see about 15 teams who have been in the Premiership within the last 8 years or so. Point being that the majority of teams in this league have been in the prem league then dropped down and struggled financially since. Very very few managers get lucky enough to find themselves at a club that is both safe in the financial area and have a good squad of players of whom none will leave, again that is not how football works. People like Glenn Roeder are a prime example to disprove your theory. A manager who has been in charge of clubs like Newcastle and now finds himself near the relegation zone in the CCC. People like Boythroid (or however it is spelt) who did wonders for teams like Watford , getting them promoted and to an fa cup semi-final only a year or two ago, now he has no job. Alan Pardew is another example, as is Dowie etc.. etc.. Keane and Ince join the list of people who did something then failed so again have to work their way back into the prem league. If you think a club in the prem league will come in for them with their records then you must be the one in dreamland...

How exactly do Birmingham and Reading disprove that? If you mean as in because they currently sit 2nd and 3rd? Look at the league table and your see about 15 teams who have been in the Premiership within the last 8 years or so. Point being that the majority of teams in this league have been in the prem league then dropped down and struggled financially since. Very very few managers get lucky enough to find themselves at a club that is both safe in the financial area and have a good squad of players of whom none will leave, again that is not how football works. People like Glenn Roeder are a prime example to disprove your theory. A manager who has been in charge of clubs like Newcastle and now finds himself near the relegation zone in the CCC. People like Boythroid (or however it is spelt) who did wonders for teams like Watford , getting them promoted and to an fa cup semi-final only a year or two ago, now he has no job. Alan Pardew is another example, as is Dowie etc.. etc.. Keane and Ince join the list of people who did something then failed so again have to work their way back into the prem league. If you think a club in the prem league will come in for them with their records then you must be the one in dreamland...

Boothroyd! There's another name to add to the list... ;)

Roy Keane

Paul Ince

Terry Venables

Glen Hoddle

David O'Leary

Billy Davis

Kevin Keegan

Alan Curbishley

Glenn could be the one, but in the circumstances that we are in I would think Paul Ince is the better choice.