Im not interested in selling my support. I am a SAINT FOR LIFE

Giordano

In a moment of impetuousness- or total clarity - I today tweeted that it seemed only a matter of time before Liverpool, Man Utd and Spurs starting making bids for our supporters. It's almost getting to that stage isn't it - who will they go for next - the pitch, the tea lady, the mascot?

In the absence of anything unequivocally positive without any spin doctoring or anything from the media, our players and the management at SFC I thought I'd put something positive out there instead on behalf of us Saints fans. I feel its time to face up, stop running and start the Saints fightback against all those out there seemingly with faint heart or wanting to break us.

So, here is my statement to SFC and the world :

Starts quote:

"I want to reassure SFC that I am a Southampton til I die true supporter and that my support for the club is not for sale and never will be. I am NOT interested in talks with other clubs who might want me to go and support them. I do not want or need a new contract because the contract between me and Saints is in my heart and that is where its staying. I am a Southampton supporter for the rest of my life, repeat, I'm never not going to support Saints so other clubs interested in buying this support should just go somewhere else cos you're wasting your time. I know why you want Saints fans because they are about as good as it gets and in high demand but NOBODY can ever buy my support for Saints cos its not now not ever going to be for sale"

Giordano Orsini. Saints fan.

I am willing to listen to offers. I think I have been due a testimonial now for nearly 35 years, and the Club has ignored that, so perhaps a change to a team playing in Europe would be attractive under the right terms. Having supported Saints in Europe previously it would not be a sell out, but simply a request to follow my dreams and support my boyhood team.

On second thoughts, feck that, I hate Spurs.

I just repeat. I'm a Saints fan and I'm not for sale. ever. I wonder what it would be like to see a 5,000 signature petition of that , or 50,000 or everyone who went to Wembley that time for JPT all say that to the media, the players and the management at SFC.

I love Saints, but my new mates tell me i'm better then supporting the club. I'm told that I could be happier and better off elsewhere, particularly somewhere in the northwest. I wouldn't even have to change my shirt colours significantly! Oh it's so tough, I can't handle these decisions alone.

I love Saints, but my new mates tell me i'm better then supporting the club. I'm told that I could be happier and better off elsewhere, particularly somewhere in the northwest. I wouldn't even have to change my shirt colours significantly! Oh it's so tough, I can't handle these decisions alone.

Do you have a pathetic Amish style beard and a thumpable chest?

Is it about the players, oops whoever is left right now. And is it about the stripes oops. And is it about the Dell, oops.

None of those actually. They change.

When all is said and done the only non transferable non changeable not for sale aspect is we support through thick and thin, mainly thin if its Saints. Home and away, at the stadium on the interweb or on the sofa watching on the tellybox.

Im a Saints supporter and....I'm

"Not for sale not for sale not for sale

Not for sale not for sale not for sale

Not for sale not for sale not for sale

Not for sale...NOT FOR SALE".

Will they go for the Northam stand supporters first, Im not sure whether they would want the very quiet kingsland stand members

The chapel can rise to the occassion when prompted

Its good we have world class fans in the Northam

so what are wetalking about £8 milllion for them plus a free new shirt and scarf to which ever club we go to ?

PS can I be one of the fans agents

:lol:

Edited by Viking Warrior

I'm a bit insulted that you even had to ask, didn't you see me in the Northam after the last game of the season celebrating our momentous 8th place finish? The players waving up at me and me celebrating with a badge-kiss and a chest -thump? Surely no fan that's off to another club next season could be that shallow could they?

Well thank feck someone made this thread interesting.

I'm completely open to offers, I started my supporting career with Newport County, dallied with previous offers from Liverpool, Everton and Watford when I was a young impressionable kid, made my big move to Saints in my early 20s and occasionally cast a glance in the direction of La Liga and Serie A.

Sandwich sorry didn't see you at the last game of the season . I was having a medical with a new supporters club . The good news I turned them down as I wasn't to impressed with the appointment of their new manager .

And I could not leave the saints . Saints is for live . Well it us for me . I have asked to be buried in my saints shirt when I leave thus earth . But not for a few years yet

Ha. Good to see that the famous Southampton SOH is alive despite the bombardment. I especially like the " I was having a medical with a new supporters club " . But Some of you are right lightweights though despite your fearsome keyboard warrior status. It's time to stop being flakes and start showing up. All this crying in front of the rest of the world about this manager that player leaving etc is just pussy talk. Ok I was doing a little bit of it too but it's seriously time to cowboy or cowgirl up. I'm not for sale so man utd supporters club can feck right off as can KFC and th fc and KFC supporters club. I'm not having it. No crispy fried chicken no scousers no North London efforts and no mancs none of them. They can beg to join Saints but I'm not interested and neither should you. It's my supporting and it ain't for sale.

Ha. Good to see that the famous Southampton SOH is alive despite the bombardment. I especially like the " I was having a medical with a new supporters club " . But Some of you are right lightweights though despite your fearsome keyboard warrior status. It's time to stop being flakes and start showing up. All this crying in front of the rest of the world about this manager that player leaving etc is just pussy talk. Ok I was doing a little bit of it too but it's seriously time to cowboy or cowgirl up. I'm not for sale so man utd supporters club can feck right off as can KFC and th fc and KFC supporters club. I'm not having it. No crispy fried chicken no scousers no North London efforts and no mancs none of them. They can beg to join Saints but I'm not interested and neither should you. It's my supporting and it ain't for sale.

Not even for a cookie? It's chocolate chip and everything. :(

Can somebody please tweet and get trending that Mr. Gio saints supporter support is not for sale. That I've not turned down a variety of unsolicited offers etc but even if I got them I'm not interested . And I'm not hoping to move before the WC starts or after it's over. I'm not looking for CL or whatever and I never said muffing to no one at the end of the season apart from 'that was a good season'. Thank you whoever is clever at twitter things.

Well Colin it was a 660ml bottle of moretti about two hours ago. It's a fairly reasonable isotonic drink available from most big supermarkets and good offies. Maybe it's because I'm watching back to back episodes of breaking bad at the same time and that Heisenberg guy has got me rooting for him. I always been a fighter in life anyway, especially against the odds. I like it better against the odds. More glory. Maybe part of why I am Southampton.

Well Colin it was a 660ml bottle of moretti about two hours ago. It's a fairly reasonable isotonic drink available from most big supermarkets and good offies. Maybe it's because I'm watching back to back episodes of breaking bad at the same time and that Heisenberg guy has got me rooting for him. I always been a fighter in life anyway, especially against the odds. I like it better against the odds. More glory. Maybe part of why I am Southampton.

Heisenberg eh? Thought there was an odd smell around here.

Will they go for the Northam stand supporters first, Im not sure whether they would want the very quiet kingsland stand members

The chapel can rise to the occassion when prompted

Its good we have world class fans in the Northam

so what are wetalking about £8 milllion for them plus a free new shirt and scarf to which ever club we go to ?

PS can I be one of the fans agents

:lol:

A few in the Itchen are only available for 85 minutes per game.

Just spotted a fat bloke in bright red jumper (might have been MoPo?), Glenn Hoddle and Kevin Keagan sharing a basket of chips in St.Marys car park. They got in a limo with the number plate

"G104DNO". What could it all mean? Classic case of Love This Club to engineer a big money move?

This thread is the mongboard version of kissing the badge when you score.

Maybe for you, maybe for some, but not for me.

So I guess you are not interested in buying the special "I support Southampton fc and my support is not for sale" t shirts then? Was rather banking on you being one of my wholesale distributers.

Good work Giordie boy. I was Leeds and Liverpool and bro was ManU in the 70s despite my dad's protestations for Saints. Moved back to Hampshire in 83, and suddenly realised Saints were the greatest team the world has ever seen. Too old to be a tart now, and have successfully indoctrinated 2 out of 3 kids. My son is going to sign for Saints at the end of a glittering career at Barca, after he's eclipsed Messi.

Maybe for you, maybe for some, but not for me.

So I guess you are not interested in buying the special "I support Southampton fc and my support is not for sale" t shirts then? Was rather banking on you being one of my wholesale distributers.

Too late pal, i've already preorder a job lot of "I'd snap your hand off to be a Saint" t-shirts with lallana 20 on the back. This will be follwed by a retro 1994 "i'd crawl over Broken Glass for this job" Alan Ball version which will go down a storm.

Thinking about a kids/midget size "This club is my baby" version. What do you think?

Edited by Turkish

Too late pal, i've already preorder a job lot of "I'd snap your hand off to be a Saint" t-shirts with lallana 20 on the back. This will be follwed by a retro 1994 "i'd crawl over Broken Glass for this job" Alan Ball version which will go down a storm.

Thinking about a kids/midget size "This club is my baby" version. What do you think?

Are you also doing sweatbands with pictures of slit wrists and the wording "I bleed Saints" on em?

And nappies with "Little Saints bedwetter" too?

I don't know about names of people on shirts or clever words about them. I just know about Southampton fc. Which is the football club I support. And that my support is Not for Sale and so forth. A simple T with a simple message like that would suffice. Buy them for £10 outside SMS and all net after cost proceeds give it away to local charities.

I do appreciate that many of us have been frightened scared & angry at what appears a classic saints f&ck up just when for once or perhaps only the second time in our lives ( for those that remember the early eighties) we actually appeared to be on the cusp of something big. And maybe it does not look like that will happen in our idyllic all saints academy team .

Maybe we won't now be winning the EPL, the CL and then the World Club Cup plus they are all English and a team with 11 Saints players wins the World Cup for England kind of way ~ but it has been a salutary and in a perverse way a rewarding experience. I now remember why I can stick two fingers up to the rest of them , especially the so called " big boys". For a while there I had turned, Animal Farm-like, into one of them. But I ain't ever going to be one of them and my support is Not for Sale, ever. Saints and proud.

Tapped? Or ruined?

When you put it like that for some reason it just says beer to me. don't mind if I do.

You have caught me in a bit of a heavy training session. Got the pie next, picked a Pukka but going to nuke it so it has the essential 'could of been better' rating.

Muttering and shouting have been ruled out because it's an evening session. I tend to get in at least 4 hrs a day solid training in this 6 out 7 days anyway.

But should I take it, should I stay? I'm quite comfortable here and if I may blow my own trumpet. I'm good at being a Saint's fan (I now have a 2yr plastic rep/ no season ticket) but I am worthy of an opportunity at the next level.

Edited by cellone