Weakest Squad in the League

Dig Dig

At this moment in time we probably have one of, it not the worst squad in the division. I know we are all supposed to wait until August and be all super excited about all the brilliant players we will buy with all our money but the type and quality of player we will likely get will be lower than what he have lost/will lose.

Absolutely huge re-building job to do with a completely new background team. I know many on here don't like the reality of the situation pointed out but I can't see it any other way. We've gone from being a couple of signings away from breaking into the top 6 to what would today be a nailed on relegation candidate.

Who is geniunely confident in the ability of the powers that be to not let us regress dramatically next season?

Just pointing out the starting position we are in now. Not sure why I have to wait to voice an opinion and I'm not talking in absolutes so I don't see what the issue is?

The position we are in now is that we don't kick a meaningful ball for two months.

At this moment in time we probably have one of, it not the worst squad in the division. I know we are all supposed to wait until August and be all super excited about all the brilliant players we will buy with all our money but the type and quality of player we will likely get will be lower than what he have lost/will lose.

Absolutely huge re-building job to do with a completely new background team. I know many on here don't like the reality of the situation pointed out but I can't see it any other way. We've gone from being a couple of signings away from breaking into the top 6 to what would today be a nailed on relegation candidate.

Who is geniunely confident in the ability of the powers that be to not let us regress dramatically next season?

You should have stopped after the second sentence.

Just pointing out the starting position we are in now. Not sure why I have to wait to voice an opinion and I'm not talking in absolutes so I don't see what the issue is?

What utter nonsense! :D

We came 8th last season, we've only lost 3 players (admittedly 3 very good players). But even without Shaw, Lallana and Lambert we are still better than most (if not all) of the clubs that finished below us and those that were promoted.

We also appear to be close to signing Pelle and Tadic, bring in a left back and the squad size is similar to last season and there is still 2 months left of the transfer window to further improve the squad.

I wish people would stop starting random musing threads every time they have a panic attack! Patience is a virtue. :)

Bit early for this. But a warning I grant you.

We are about to bring in replacements for Lambert and Adam Banana, but we still need a GK, left back, a reserve left back (for Fox), a striker (for Jay Rod as Gallager is not yet a Premiership quality), a replacement for Osvaldo and a couple of impact players who can change a game to replace a Puncheon.

That's before we look for Schneiderlan and Lovrens replacements should they also do a Lallana.

What utter nonsense! :D

We came 8th last season, we've only lost 3 players (admittedly 3 very good players). But even without Shaw, Lallana and Lambert we are still better than most (if not all) of the clubs that finished below us and those that were promoted.

We also appear to be close to signing Pelle and Tadic, bring in a left back and the squad size is similar to last season and there is still 2 months left of the transfer window to further improve the squad.

I wish people would stop starting random musing threads every time they have a panic attack! Patience is a virtue. :)

There is no way we would have come anywhere near 8th without the 3 which have gone. We proved last season time and time again how brittle we are with key players missing.

Think we are a long way from having the weakest squad in the league. We can still put out 11 good players. And we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can. But we can't sustain it throughout the season. We had a thin team of quality which may lose x5 of the best players. We are currently heading for relegation, but.... We have a great manager and money to spend. Buy 6-8 players additional players to Tadic and Pelle (as above) and we'll be fine.

Plenty of time to buy a few players. Remind me when the transfer window closes?

September 1st I believe. Plenty of time to replace 3 England internationals + whoever else leaves + players we would have needed regardless.

Starting point noted. We can compare at the start of the season.

I'm as disappointed as most that we have to rebuild to such an extent but I wouldn't write off our ability to do so before we even try.

Starting point noted. We can compare at the start of the season.

I'm as disappointed as most that we have to rebuild to such an extent but I wouldn't write off our ability to do so before we even try.

I haven't written it off, I asked about people's confidence levels but some people seem real angry about this

There is no way we would have come anywhere near 8th without the 3 which have gone. We proved last season time and time again how brittle we are with key players missing.

Even without Tadic, Pelle and a new left back we could line up like...

Boruc

Clyne
Lovren
Fonte
Chambers

Schneiderlin
Wanyama
Cork
Ramirez
S.Davis

Osvaldo/Rodriguez/Gallagher/Sharp/Mayuka

That is still a good mid table quality Premier League side. Okay, so the strikers may prove to be a problem as Rodriguez is injured and Osvaldo may be on his way out, but that is why we are bidding for Pelle, plus Tadic will add attacking creativity.

Do you honestly believe all of Burnley, Leicester, WBA, Hull, Stoke, Villa, West Ham, Sunderland, Swansea, Newcastle, QPR and Palace are better than us? Have you actually looked at their current squads?

Edited by Matthew Le God

I can now see where you are going wrong..... we were no where near breaking the top 6 a few more signings or not. With your massively over the top expectations it's no wonder you're struggling with the current situation.

For god sake, cheers Dig Dig. I had a bet on Alpine posting the first ''WHY HAVE WE NOT SIGNED ANYONE'' thread, at the start of July. I thought that was easy money. Obviously not.

I'm not questioning where the signings are right now so your bet is safe! Just highlighting that I think the task ahead is pretty huge and I'm not 100% confident in the job we'll make of it.

I can now see where you are going wrong..... we were no where near breaking the top 6 a few more signings or not. With your massively over the top expectations it's no wonder you're struggling with the current situation.

Yet, we have lost 3 players who have moved to two of the top sides in the division and others linked with a host of top European clubs. Yet we were miles away from breaking the top 6 with extra strength in the squad. I don't think it's that much of an unreasonable assumption.

In response to the original post, I am more than confident that the "powers that be" will not let us regress "dramatically".

Our position next year is unlikely to be as high as it was this year (we overachieved and other factors) but there's no way that, with the incoming firepower and amount to spend, we're going to do worse than the promoted teams or PL strugglers such as WBA, Villa, CP and Hull. We will probably be able to compete with teams such as Spurs and Everton (as we did this season). I expect us to finish mid-table.

I'm not questioning where the signings are right now so your bet is safe! Just highlighting that I think the task ahead is pretty huge and I'm not 100% confident in the job we'll make of it.

It's a big job, but there's a long way to go. I think we've got a great man in place to attract the right sort though, and the club it's self has an excellent setup with regards to scouting and recruitment - so you can be sure that we are well aware of what what we need, when we may need it, and how much it's going to set us back. It'll be a tough job, but I think we're prepared enough to give it a damn good go.

Yet, we have lost 3 players who have moved to two of the top sides in the division and others linked with a host of top European clubs. Yet we were miles away from breaking the top 6 with extra strength in the squad. I don't think it's that much of an unreasonable assumption.

er yes because that is three players from a squad of 25 we never had the squad depth or quality to compete with the bigger clubs. Even if we had improved do really think the clubs that finished above us last season would stand still so we could catch them up? If breaking in to the top six was so easy it would happen more often than it does.

Edited by doddisalegend

er yes because that is three players from a squad of 25 we never had the squad depth or quality to compete with the bigger clubs even if we had improved do really think the clubs that finished above us last season would stand still so we could catch them up? If breaking in to the top six was so easy it would happen more often than it does.

It's not easy, but we were on the right path.

Actually 'Dig Dig' is closer to the truth than some care to admit. We are in **** street !

Do you ever bore yourself with this endless torrent of negativity?

As soon as you see some people's name as the latest person to post in a thread you know before reading its like allowing a flood of sewage into your room...

[video=youtube;OTiryN--n-0]

Do you ever bore yourself with this endless torrent of negativity?

As soon as you see some people's name as the latest person to post in a thread you know before reading its like allowing a flood of sewage into your room...

[video=youtube;OTiryN--n-0]

Hmm.... most of my posts have been positive and I am not on a par with some bedwetters. Some posters here just see a named poster and poor out the same old tired comments.

Hmm.... most of my posts have been positive and I am not on a par with some bedwetters. Some posters here just see a named poster and poor out the same old tired comments.

post #43 in this thread...

I'd take 17th now if it were offered.

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before... :mcinnes:

I see you're going down the Saint Charlie route of embarrassing yourself this Summer.

I see that point has already been covered.

Hmmm.

Balls. I'm with you Diggers. Relegation me up.

If I could touch one person and make a difference than my mission on the mongboard is complete. Thank you Krakers