Matchday Hospitality Gaff

Noodles34

This new lot cant get anything right:

Just seen the email promoting it and one of the changing banners is a side view along the corporate boxes. Clearly the away team has scored because aside from a few in one of the boxes and some in the seats, everyone else is just sitting there. In the same box they seem to have a saints fan, he has his head in his hands.

Actually, its in their PDF brochure as well, oh dear.

In all seriousness, its a bit crap when something like this gets through the marketing dept.

Would never happened under NC mind!

I think you are reading too much into that photo. Just about anything 'exciting' could have just happened to get a response like that from certain members of the crowd. If I had to guess I'd say it looks like a near miss, with some fans up off their seats celebrating too early and the fan with head in hands agonising over what might have been.

Gaff = layman's term for abode.

e.g.

"You want to come around to my gaff for some tea and scones?"

Gaffe = something Prince Philip says:-

"Looks like it's been made by an Indian", etc.

Just seen the email promoting it and one of the changing banners is a side view along the corporate boxes. Clearly the away team has scored because aside from a few in one of the boxes and some in the seats, everyone else is just sitting there. In the same box they seem to have a saints fan, he has his head in his hands.

In all seriousness, its a bit crap when something like this gets through the marketing dept.

...don't worry, the whole marketing dept has gone to Liverpool for a huge pay rise and to produce marketing blurb for a CL club. ;)

"Our stunning city-based UEFA-accredited waterfront stadium stands testament to Southampton Football Club’s dynamic position within the most popular and challenging league in the world"

'Waterfront stadium' is stretching the bounds of reality somewhat.... :)

"Our stunning city-based UEFA-accredited waterfront stadium stands testament to Southampton Football Club’s dynamic position within the most popular and challenging league in the world"

'Waterfront stadium' is stretching the bounds of reality somewhat.... :)

Its technically true...

st-marys-stadium.jpg

...and its better than saying "gas tank fronted stadium". :p

Crikey, there's a picture in the brochure of the other team scoring.

Don't tell them that!! No one will ever pay to go in a box if they think there is a chance the other team might score.

Ralph out. Katharina out. Reed out. Eff it, Koeman out too.

Deffo Koemen out, have you seen the league table, 0 points for ffs! Do something now, before its too late!

e.g.

A man after my own heart!

...don't worry, the whole marketing dept has gone to Liverpool for a huge pay rise and to produce marketing blurb for a CL club. ;)

Well they've certainly gone somewhere. Vacancies galore on the OS, Marketing manager, club photographer, etc etc. No players, no staff, no board, things looking good right now :-)

Are you for f*****ng real?

:mcinnes:

Well they've certainly gone somewhere. Vacancies galore on the OS, Marketing manager, club photographer, etc etc. No players, no staff, no board, things looking good right now :-)

Hell's teeth, you make a joke satirising the manner in which people have left and some doom-merchant hijacks it!

Lighten up out there!!!

e.g.

Are you saying the OP has made a Gaffe possibly from his Gaff

This is a ******-take, innit?

Are you for f*****ng real?

Yeah, last I looked, what's the issue? It's a valid point, fancy marketing one of your biggest money spinners and show a picture of the other team scoring. It's **** poor, it really is.