Season Ticket Deadline

alehouseboys

Feels like an age since season tickets were just bits of paper even though it's really only a few years. Think I've still got a 2011/12 book of tickets for matches 7-23 somewhere (quite a few were accidentally sent out to non-finance ST holders).

Apparently we are the 6th most expensive season ticket int he PL. Arsenal are top £200 more per season than 2nd place Tottenham.

Depends what criteria have been used. If they take the cheapest adult season ticket available anywhere in the ground then we're probably quite high, but I'd expect all the London clubs to be comfortably more expensive than ours on average, likewise Liverpool and Man United, and perhaps Man City as well.

I think these deadlines may be flexible. They were certainly still offering renewal price STs for some time after the first 'deadline'.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're now having second thoughts at not renewing and phoned up (with your tail between your legs) you might still get it at the earlier price. Although your original seat may not be available.

But it would be nice to see deadlines removed completely and actually help make it easier for fans to pay out for (ever increasing) expensive season tickets - interest free repayments like we used to, and other clubs do would help.

Depends what criteria have been used. If they take the cheapest adult season ticket available anywhere in the ground then we're probably quite high, but I'd expect all the London clubs to be comfortably more expensive than ours on average, likewise Liverpool and Man United, and perhaps Man City as well.

Steve, this is the list I saw on Twitter, not sure where they got their prices from though, but Man City not even in the top 10.

10. Swansea £449

9. Everton £469

8. Crystal Palace £490

7. Man Utd £532

6. Southampton £585

5. Chelsea £595

4. West Ham £640

3. Liverpool £710

2. Spurs £730

1. Arsenal £985

Steve, this is the list I saw on Twitter, not sure where they got their prices from though, but Man City not even in the top 10.

10. Swansea £449

9. Everton £469

8. Crystal Palace £490

7. Man Utd £532

6. Southampton £585

5. Chelsea £595

4. West Ham £640

3. Liverpool £710

2. Spurs £730

1. Arsenal £985

I probably wouldn't trust the figures too much then

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/15032014-201415-season-ticket-information-1489543.aspx

Where's £585 coming from? Renewal of a concession in Itchen? bit odd.

I believe the figures they used was a median figure based on the various price ranges. Clubs like us and swansea will normally come out higher in these as there's less variation between top and bottom, whereas clubs like City and Man U have much higher and lower priced tickets.

Obviously this is all relative but the simple fact is that football across the board is way too expensive for what it is and arguing about who's the most expensive is a bit like arguing which country it's worse to have caught ebola from.

As seen on another site...deadline for purchasing a season ticket is this weekend. Crazy but true.

34hur60.jpg

If you were one of the knee-jerks and didn't renew, better get a move on.

Maybe they'll reintroduce Half-Season Tickets around Christmas.

:lol:

:lol:

I still don't get why the club set a deadline for buying a season ticket, especially more than a month before the first home game. Why not give everyone as long as possible to come up with the money?

I thought stuff like this was down to cortese?

It seems a bit strange that there is a deadline for buying season tickets before the season even starts. No reason surely why somebody should not buy a season ticket even a week or two into the new season if that is what they want. By all means have deadlines for concessionary rates and for those wanting to change seats, but beyond that the club ought to want to sell as many STs as possible I would have thought, up to a certain percentage of the total seats available for home fans. Or is it the case that they are happier to reason that they will take more money on the match day?

Or is it the case that they are happier to reason that they will take more money on the match day?

That's OK if things are going well and also those watching for nothing down the pub can be tempted back - better to get fans tied in and committed with a season ticket, I'd have thought.

It seems a bit strange that there is a deadline for buying season tickets before the season even starts. No reason surely why somebody should not buy a season ticket even a week or two into the new season if that is what they want. By all means have deadlines for concessionary rates and for those wanting to change seats, but beyond that the club ought to want to sell as many STs as possible I would have thought, up to a certain percentage of the total seats available for home fans. Or is it the case that they are happier to reason that they will take more money on the match day?
In many ways they're happier selling game-by-game, can make more money I reckon, but once they start selling individual match tickets (which will be quite soon), it would make it a right ballache to sell season tickets, seats already taken etc.