Krueger, Hofsetter & Rogers

Saint Charlie

1. How did they get to be in charge of a semi successful football team in the biggest league in the world despite none being especially qualified?

2. If the Finances were poor, then why did Rogers as the Chief Financial Officer who allowed that situation to develop end up being promoted to CEO?

3. What has happened to Krueger and why was he allowed to do national media interviews despite knowing nothing about football, culminating with him bumbling on about leadership models, Southampton Saints and wondering what the "football gods" had in store for Luke Shaw?

4. What is Krueger actually doing for us day to day?

5. If Hofsetter still at the club? Has he publically said anything apart from express that his now CEO Rogers had allowed a "difficult financial situation" to develop?

6. How is the commercial growth going? Krueger had identified North America as a major commercial target yet while lots of other PL team are out there his pre season we are not, and must be one of the only sides not to make a commercial trip this summer.

2. If the Finances were poor, then why did Rogers as the Chief Financial Officer who allowed that situation to develop end up being promoted to CEO?

I expect he was just working to Cortese's Champions League pie in the sky plan which obviously required further investment, KL decided to go down another route - not sure you can blame the bean counter.

Question nos 2 is a valid one

Its not. Its perfectly possible for the Financial Director to keep good books and systems, produce accurate, relevant information but have a knob of an Execurive Chairman disregard advice and warnings and burn cash anyway.

1. How did they get to be in charge of a semi successful football team in the biggest league in the world despite none being especially qualified?

3. What has happened to Krueger and why was he allowed to do national media interviews despite knowing nothing about football, culminating with him bumbling on about leadership models, Southampton Saints and wondering what the "football gods" had in store for Luke Shaw?

5. If Hofsetter still at the club? Has he publically said anything apart from express that his now CEO Rogers had allowed a "difficult financial situation" to develop?

6. How is the commercial growth going? Krueger had identified North America as a major commercial target yet while lots of other PL team are out there his pre season we are not, and must be one of the only sides not to make a commercial trip this summer.

What is the point of another negative, knock the board thread? Basically you don't know the answers so stop trying to wind everyone up again.......

The same way Cortese got in charge of Markus's investment in the first place. To be fair, Hoffstetter has better credentials to be on a board of directors than Cortese did and Rodgers as a chartered accountant was qualified to be company secretary, if not showing any aptitude for becoming CEO.

Run under instruction from the CEO. Perhaps it wasn't Reed who knifed Cortese in the end.

He's a director and chairman of the board of the holding company. He might be tasked with growing commercial activities or he might simply have been a front man. He holds no position with the football club as far as I can tell, so is unlikely to be involved in football matters.

He's a director of the company that makes the technology for Oyster cards and the like. He was billed as bringing experience of corporate governance and i've no reason to believe he's on the board for anything other than to oversee the restructure of responsibility.

We've employed some bird from the apples.

What is the point of another negative, knock the board thread? Basically you don't know the answers so stop trying to wind everyone up again.......

Of course I don't know the answers, but some valid questions. After all, we pay a ****load of our money to the club, so nice to know about the people that run it and their ability to do so.

It was a simple and quick way to get a board together. Kreuger was clearly a disaster and seems to have been sidelined. I doubt he is up to anything Saints related at the moment.

Whatever people say about Rodgers, the fact is that the guy as very little credentials as a CEO and doesn't appear to have much leadership presence.

Kat just needs to keep things ticking over with her lawyer by her side.

For me, there is one very easy thing I ask. Having spent over £1400 to renew 2 tickets, I don't think it would be too much (speaking as a customer) for the company I have given my money to, to actually come out and say something. Now if I have customers who had bought a product that hadn't seen it's course run (ie in this case a ST that would be valid until the end of next season), then I would see it as my duty to keep them informed that there was not asset stripping going on and offer some reassurances. Is that really too much to ask for? So far we have had fairly hollow words some months ago (or is it weeks - time seems to drag a bit?). As a business, their silence may well cost (season) ticket sales and other income. If there is nothing nefarious going on then it is a bit foolish to alienate your customers - if something nefarious is going on, then **** the customer as they aren't very important.

I intend to get full use out of my ST this coming season and hope/expect that it won't be that bad (optimistic hat on) but it might well be at the rate we are going (pessimistic hat on). Koeman is still there and my hope is in/with him.

Most sensible theory I've seen. Doesn't make him best person for the job though

Agree. Also the structure is unbalanced. Personally I'd downgrade GR to Director of Operations (ie head of non football side), have Les Reed on the same level and appoint an experienced football business man as CEO or Executive Director to work 2/3 days pw above both of them.

Question nos 2 is a valid one

No it isn't.

He was CFO reporting to Cortese. His took his orders and instructions from one man. If Cortese operated against a different remit that Katrina gave him, that doesn't mean Rogers is capable or liable for any of the elements that led to a "difficult financial situation".

Agree. Also the structure is unbalanced. Personally I'd downgrade GR to Director of Operations (ie head of non football side), have Les Reed on the same level and appoint an experienced football business man as CEO or Executive Director to work 2/3 days pw above both of them.

Agree with this, and keep coming back with the same thought, why the f^ck was someone like John Williams not brought in ?

The same way Cortese got in charge of Markus's investment in the first place. To be fair, Hoffstetter has better credentials to be on a board of directors than Cortese did and Rodgers as a chartered accountant was qualified to be company secretary, if not showing any aptitude for becoming CEO.

What exactly then is Hofsetter's track record and credentials ? That has never been clearly explained, nor what his particular role on the board is.

I have long believed Rodgers was the whistle blower on Cortese's extravagances and he got rewarded for his deed. Given additional power and being able to pinpoint was had happened he was probably best placed for resolving the issues.

I have long believed Rodgers was the whistle blower on Cortese's extravagances and he got rewarded for his deed. Given additional power and being able to pinpoint was had happened he was probably best placed for resolving the issues.

I thought I read somewhere he was due to leave earlier in the year no idea why but may have been something to do with Cortese who seems to have been more disruptive to the Club than dear old Rupert Lowe

I thought I read somewhere he was due to leave earlier in the year no idea why but may have been something to do with Cortese who seems to have been more disruptive to the Club than dear old Rupert Lowe

He was already working his notice when Cortese left, I believe.