Ricky Lambert - Lost all respect for him

washsaint

Watched the interview, saw nothing wrong with it. He says all good things about Saints the club, basically says he supports us and Liverpool. Just thought carefully about when asked about the players leaving, and I agree with Monosaint above about NC and the players having a close relationship with him. That's all. IMO Rickie could come back to St Marys wearing a Portsmouth kit and poop on the Ted Bates statue and I would still love that big guy!

Watched the interview, saw nothing wrong with it. He says all good things about Saints the club, basically says he supports us and Liverpool. Just thought carefully about when asked about the players leaving, and I agree with Monosaint above about NC and the players having a close relationship with him. That's all. IMO Rickie could come back to St Marys wearing a Portsmouth kit and poop on the Ted Bates statue and I would still love that big guy!

Frankly, I would be happier if, instead of making vague and ambiguous statements which could be interpreted in multiple ways, someone would just come out and say what really happened. Whether that involves bad mouthing the board, the players, MP, or all or none of them I don't care. I would just like to know. I doubt we will though.

Frankly, I would be happier if, instead of making vague and ambiguous statements which could be interpreted in multiple ways, someone would just come out and say what really happened. Whether that involves bad mouthing the board, the players, MP, or all or none of them I don't care. I would just like to know. I doubt we will though.

Well I watched the you tube video and my respect for him remains the same as it was. In fact

it might have gone up a little as he never bad mouthed anyone even though he was given the

opportunity to do so by that interviewer.

As for SarniaSaint saying " Hope they all get a career ending injury " I wonder if in the cold light

of day he really means that ? I sincerely hope not as they are only mere employees who have

moved to a different company, they are not drunk drivers who have murdered close relatives.

Well I watched the you tube video and my respect for him remains the same as it was. In fact

it might have gone up a little as he never bad mouthed anyone even though he was given the

opportunity to do so by that interviewer.

As for SarniaSaint saying " Hope they all get a career ending injury " I wonder if in the cold light

of day he really means that ? I sincerely hope not as they are only mere employees who have

moved to a different company, they are not drunk drivers who have murdered close relatives.

You could see how much the club means to him in the Sky interview "I became a Southampton fan and I'll be a Southampton fan until the day I die" or something like that. He is one of the very few footballers who talks with genuine emotion and passion, especially when talking about us.

Love the bloke!

You could see how much the club means to him in the Sky interview "I became a Southampton fan and I'll be a Southampton fan until the day I die" or something like that. He is one of the very few footballers who talks with genuine emotion and passion, especially when talking about us.

Love the bloke!

He's a good lad really, but I do feel he is possibly assuaging the guilt of being included in the group of players/management team that bunked off ASAP, by blaming the "owners" and their ambition. He's not like the others though. It's become very trite. MP leaving - well it was the press who said he was off because of ambition problems, and then the players have been running with it. I do sometimes think that those players expected us to spend as much as the big boys to show ambition. That frankly is ridiculous. Fans always expect it, but fans live in a dream most of the time. It is the board that has to keep things under control.

One thing is strange though, is that the players seem to be showing a lot more loyalty towards the ex manager than the club. I guess that that might be normal seeing as they saw him everyday and not the board/owner. But really, MP leaving - I would love this to be cleared up. Given that he was hawking himself around Europe in January, there being a "reason" for him being off might be down to his own view of his worth and not a reflection at all on the club.

I am happier being honest and building on sustainable foundations. The manager seems key, and always is with the players so no idea why CEOs seemingly get brought into this save as a convenient excuse, and I am more than happy having Koeman instead of MP. It might have been a shame that he left and instigated this upheaval, but what's done is done.

He's a good lad really, but I do feel he is possibly assuaging the guilt of being included in the group of players/management team that bunked off ASAP, by blaming the "owners" and their ambition. He's not like the others though. It's become very trite. MP leaving - well it was the press who said he was off because of ambition problems, and then the players have been running with it. I do sometimes think that those players expected us to spend as much as the big boys to show ambition. That frankly is ridiculous. Fans always expect it, but fans live in a dream most of the time. It is the board that has to keep things under control.

One thing is strange though, is that the players seem to be showing a lot more loyalty towards the ex manager than the club. I guess that that might be normal seeing as they saw him everyday and not the board/owner. But really, MP leaving - I would love this to be cleared up. Given that he was hawking himself around Europe in January, there being a "reason" for him being off might be down to his own view of his worth and not a reflection at all on the club.

I am happier being honest and building on sustainable foundations. The manager seems key, and always is with the players so no idea why CEOs seemingly get brought into this save as a convenient excuse, and I am more than happy having Koeman instead of MP. It might have been a shame that he left and instigated this upheaval, but what's done is done.

Love the bloke!

Is there anyway for an American to see this interview. I registered with sky but I needed to have some kind of sports package to play the interview.

Love the bloke!

Is there anyway for an American to see this interview. I registered with sky but I needed to have some kind of sports package to play the interview.

The fact that the current Board of Fools pushed him out the door at the very first opportunity, should give you an idea as to where the impetus for Lambert having no place at Southampton was coming from.

That is just patently untrue. NC had agreed a deal with WHU for Jan but the incoming board stopped it.

You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

The fact that the current Board of Fools pushed him out the door at the very first opportunity, should give you an idea as to where the impetus for Lambert having no place at Southampton was coming from.

That is just patently untrue. NC had agreed a deal with WHU for Jan but the incoming board stopped it.

You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts.

Rickie is a nice guy but not the brightest apple in the barrel. He seemed to be searching for words which may have not come out as he would have wished, so not too het up about this.
you are wrong there. He was measured and took time to give answers

Rickie is a nice guy but not the brightest apple in the barrel. He seemed to be searching for words which may have not come out as he would have wished, so not too het up about this.
you are wrong there. He was measured and took time to give answers

"It could have been different"

I think he's just voicing what a lot (if not all) Saints fans are feeling. It could have been different. It doesn't mean he is criticising the club or the board. I think if football was funded at a more reasonable level, Saints could have easily kept the players they had, signed a few more and pushed on to challenge for the league. With the über wages at the top though, it just isn't possible.

Put it this way, I've recently left employment with a company I enjoyed working for, but they can;t afford to offer me the position I have been working for over the last few years. It doesn't mean they aren't a good company or that they are poorly managed or that they treat their employees badly. It just means what it means, they aren't able to operate in the same sphere as where I want to be working. I feel absolutely no malice towards anyone looking to move to earn more, it's a job after all.

"It could have been different"

I think he's just voicing what a lot (if not all) Saints fans are feeling. It could have been different. It doesn't mean he is criticising the club or the board. I think if football was funded at a more reasonable level, Saints could have easily kept the players they had, signed a few more and pushed on to challenge for the league. With the über wages at the top though, it just isn't possible.

Put it this way, I've recently left employment with a company I enjoyed working for, but they can;t afford to offer me the position I have been working for over the last few years. It doesn't mean they aren't a good company or that they are poorly managed or that they treat their employees badly. It just means what it means, they aren't able to operate in the same sphere as where I want to be working. I feel absolutely no malice towards anyone looking to move to earn more, it's a job after all.

I haven't heard the interview nor do I want to. He vowed his future to the club that made him what he is and then walked to become a bit part at Liverpool.

Watching him come on at the end was like seeing your walk away ex mrs with another guy, and hearing the biggest cheer of the day erupt for his arrival made me feel sick.

I haven't heard the interview nor do I want to. He vowed his future to the club that made him what he is and then walked to become a bit part at Liverpool.

Watching him come on at the end was like seeing your walk away ex mrs with another guy, and hearing the biggest cheer of the day erupt for his arrival made me feel sick.

LOL. What a drama queen.

LOL. What a drama queen.

what happened at the end of the game, did he or Lovren come over to the Saints fans ?

Lambert didn't exactly come over, but applauded the Saints fans whilst facing us and walking off at the side of the group of players leaving the pitch nearest us, and was applauded into the tunnel (along with a few Saints players so it was difficult to know if everyone was actually applauding him). Lovren was as far away as he could have been, and once Lambert had disappeared people started booing him.

Worth bearing in mind that their positions on the pitch would have put them nearer and further from the Saints fans anyway though, no-one on the Liverpool team took any great amount of action to veer from their natural path.

what happened at the end of the game, did he or Lovren come over to the Saints fans ?

Lambert didn't exactly come over, but applauded the Saints fans whilst facing us and walking off at the side of the group of players leaving the pitch nearest us, and was applauded into the tunnel (along with a few Saints players so it was difficult to know if everyone was actually applauding him). Lovren was as far away as he could have been, and once Lambert had disappeared people started booing him.

Worth bearing in mind that their positions on the pitch would have put them nearer and further from the Saints fans anyway though, no-one on the Liverpool team took any great amount of action to veer from their natural path.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=lambert-slams-saints-owners_1227027745554&vc=204&nk=331e02a25cf179377208972b21b48362

I love Lambert, but he really struggles articulating the most simple of points. Probably just trying to take some of the flak off of Dejan and Adam to be fair. A bit misguided really considering the board granted him his dream move for supposedly sentimental reasons.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/video?v=lambert-slams-saints-owners_1227027745554&vc=204&nk=331e02a25cf179377208972b21b48362

I love Lambert, but he really struggles articulating the most simple of points. Probably just trying to take some of the flak off of Dejan and Adam to be fair. A bit misguided really considering the board granted him his dream move for supposedly sentimental reasons.

His comments are way, way off the mark and out of order. He should have kept his mouth shut and kept his opinions to himself.

Surprised fans are blaming the players and not the Board - really? So we should applaud Lallana and Lovren's despicable behavior?

Surprised Pochettino left and that reflects on the Board? Really, seriously? Slimy git decided in January he was leaving and tells his favorites to do the same and that is somehow the Board's fault.

The Board have brought in Koeman, spent a large amount earned through sales (with more there to spend) and, based on today's performance, we could have an equally good season this year with a team that wants to play for Koeman and have not had their heads turned by 'superstars' like Gerrard on England duty.

Shame on you Lambert.

I think I believe Lambert. There seems little doubt that our Boardroom mishandled Pottichino and our players during that period. They failed to communicate ambition or keep players informed and well managed.

The question is whether those players misread their poor signalling and whether the Club does maintain the ambition. And of course combine that with what then subsequently happened : Woy Hodgson's negative impact, Gerrards tapping up, and Brendan Rodgers ruthlessness and the sheer arrogance and greed of some players and lack of robustness of the Board to retain players before Koeman was firmly in place to make a decision.

Brendan Rodgers in his prematch interview alluded to players wishing to leave as Southampton had decided not to demonstrate ambition to kick on and wished 'to take another path'. It appears Lambert and The others - as well as Pottichino - are all being consistent with this line. Question is were they right?

Judgement Day is 1 Sep. but, Reed has brought in a good manager, we have risen to 6th highest spenders in the League and appear to be spending more to support the manager, our owner does not appear to be trying to sell the club and do a runner and we have made a statement on the pitch that with a little more reinforcement we can be back in the top half and progressing under Koeman for years to come.

Yes our Boardroom failed badly. But, they might have learnt some lessons and might be making Potty Chino, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Shaw et al look like they misread their poor signals after all.

Lamberts take is based on what he knew at the time... that our strategic leadership was poor, very poor. Has it recovered? Almost.

His comments are way, way off the mark and out of order. He should have kept his mouth shut and kept his opinions to himself.

Surprised fans are blaming the players and not the Board - really? So we should applaud Lallana and Lovren's despicable behavior?

Surprised Pochettino left and that reflects on the Board? Really, seriously? Slimy git decided in January he was leaving and tells his favorites to do the same and that is somehow the Board's fault.

The Board have brought in Koeman, spent a large amount earned through sales (with more there to spend) and, based on today's performance, we could have an equally good season this year with a team that wants to play for Koeman and have not had their heads turned by 'superstars' like Gerrard on England duty.

Shame on you Lambert.

I think I believe Lambert. There seems little doubt that our Boardroom mishandled Pottichino and our players during that period. They failed to communicate ambition or keep players informed and well managed.

The question is whether those players misread their poor signalling and whether the Club does maintain the ambition. And of course combine that with what then subsequently happened : Woy Hodgson's negative impact, Gerrards tapping up, and Brendan Rodgers ruthlessness and the sheer arrogance and greed of some players and lack of robustness of the Board to retain players before Koeman was firmly in place to make a decision.

Brendan Rodgers in his prematch interview alluded to players wishing to leave as Southampton had decided not to demonstrate ambition to kick on and wished 'to take another path'. It appears Lambert and The others - as well as Pottichino - are all being consistent with this line. Question is were they right?

Judgement Day is 1 Sep. but, Reed has brought in a good manager, we have risen to 6th highest spenders in the League and appear to be spending more to support the manager, our owner does not appear to be trying to sell the club and do a runner and we have made a statement on the pitch that with a little more reinforcement we can be back in the top half and progressing under Koeman for years to come.

Yes our Boardroom failed badly. But, they might have learnt some lessons and might be making Potty Chino, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Shaw et al look like they misread their poor signals after all.

Lamberts take is based on what he knew at the time... that our strategic leadership was poor, very poor. Has it recovered? Almost.