The Kingsland Roar Podcast - Episode One: 'Gr-eight Expectations!'

Saint-Armstrong

Right...

So the other day I mentioned a new project - spearheaded by Chris Rann (of Metro and George Weah's Cousin fame - and another SaintsWeb user!) and his colleague Dan Van Cuylenburg.

After a pilot episode, I was invited onto the first episode - and decided to go for it.

Anyway, they've tried not to make it too long, I know many podcasts are an hour long - but this is just 35 minutes.

Episode One: Greight Expectations

Discussed are: Sunderland, Tadić, Stoke (both games), Steven Davis's new deal, James Ward-Prowse's Q&A and much more...

Also contains some little features like 'Latter Day Saint', Saints fans and their single-tweet match reviews, and Chris' Big Question.

Anyway, what we're asking for really is for you to give it a listen - and let us know what you think.

Ideas for the future, what needs refining, what was good, what wasn't so good - all of that!

Link: http://kingslandroar.podbean.com/e/1st-episode-1413883653/

You can download the episodes, or subscribe on iTunes with the following link...

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/kingsland-roar-podcast/id930213656?mt=2

Play nicely and go easy...

:)

Well structured, but I'd have to be brutally honest here - Dan just sounds a bit lifeless. Bit more life from him please! Just sounded a little flat when the views were given, in some cases interesting views, but just communicated in a way that sounded like he'd just been told his dog died.

Good to have a podcast though.

Well structured, but I'd have to be brutally honest here - Dan just sounds a bit lifeless. Bit more life from him please! Just sounded a little flat when the views were given, in some cases interesting views, but just communicated in a way that sounded like he'd just been told his dog died.

Good to have a podcast though.

There is another one which is ok. I agree that this one seems a bit dull.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/saints-podcast/id460930920?mt=2

I'll give it a blast. Be interested to know what other pods you listen to/ base this on? I've listened to the other Saints one and wasn't that impressed, presenters pretty wooden. Arsenal's Tuesday Club is brilliant, apparently Spurs and Liverpool's are both also a good listen. Guardian and Times both decent (Guardian edges it IMO, less serious than the Times although Gab is a top WUM) but nothing else football related comes anywhere near the Football Ramble. By an absolute mile the best Podcast around.

I'll give it a blast. Be interested to know what other pods you listen to/ base this on? I've listened to the other Saints one and wasn't that impressed, presenters pretty wooden. Arsenal's Tuesday Club is brilliant, apparently Spurs and Liverpool's are both also a good listen. Guardian and Times both decent (Guardian edges it IMO, less serious than the Times although Gab is a top WUM) but nothing else football related comes anywhere near the Football Ramble. By an absolute mile the best Podcast around.

I listen to a fair few so I would imagine bits and pieces from all of them will shine through. I'm also a big Football Ramble fan, but being that we aren't professional broadcasters like them and don't have a studio we're unlikely to reach their heights just yet. I certainly hope similar humour shines through.

Need to invest in a decent microphone if its a longterm project (Shure SM7B pricey but quality), other than that it has potential and i'll keep listening.

Steady.... I don't part with money easily!

On a positive note the kid was an improvement on your mate, who's either disinterested or trying way too hard to sound it. The levels are all over the shop, is there a way to make everyone on the same volume level? Two down and the content is good and improving, keep up the good work.

Only listened to see how bad Dan was - I honestly think he did alright, just seemed like he hadn't prepared his answers as much and was having to think before speaking. Could put a bit more intonation in, but people listening to a podcast aren't expecting Russell Brand anyway. Unless it's a West Ham podcast.

Good work, keep going, quite a promising first go.

I listened to all 3 today - some interesting pieces and good to hear Connor and Ben.

The sound quality was fine through my iPhone.

Apologies if Dan is reading this but he didn't come across too well, didn't seem to have prepared and sounded a bit disinterested.

But hats off to you chaps a worthwhile project. Nice to hear a podcast by fans who actually go to matches.

I've just listened to this & i find gwc to be excellent presenter! Hats off to gwc! Unlike some other bros i can understand Dan's value to the show, i spose he owns the microphone or whatever, but he needs to lay off the horse tranquilizers. They may be fine in some situations i.e. visiting ur mum at christmas, but i don't recommend them for broadcasting.

Can we have Armstrong back pls for next week? Also, have a word with Turkish agent see if you can get him. Also, Alpine-Saint pls.

Keep up good work!

I've just listened to this & i find gwc to be excellent presenter! Hats off to gwc! Unlike some other bros i can understand Dan's value to the show, i spose he owns the microphone or whatever, but he needs to lay off the horse tranquilizers. They may be fine in some situations i.e. visiting ur mum at christmas, but i don't recommend them for broadcasting.

Can we have Armstrong back pls for next week? Also, have a word with Turkish agent see if you can get him. Also, Alpine-Saint pls.

Keep up good work!

Either Alpine or his son would be acceptable I think.

I honestly don't understand the point of this, what am I missing? If I want to listen to a couple of blokes talking about football, I'll go for a few pints and do it. I know I'm a miserable git, but I honestly don't understand it at all.

I listen to Guardian Football Weekly as generally informed discussion and relatively good insight. Football Ramble is sometimes funny but they know f all more than the next man.

Haven't listened to this to know what it hopes to bring to its audience but having opinions on anything is contentious and likely to get them abuse from some. Easy to be a critic though.