Schneiderlin Speculation

Killers Knee

Wenger is deluded if he thinks that performance against a woeful Villa side means he is now in a position to challenge Chelsea for the title. Having said that, if it means no-one will pay the £25m and Morgan stays then that is an even better result for us; although I still think he will be off and probably to Man Utd. That would consolidate them in the top four positions.

They are the only club, that fits Morgan's criteria, that have even shown an interest. Even then he is apparently only a back up if they don't get their preferred choice(s) which is bad for us because it means they, most probably, won't come in for him until late in the window when they've exhausted other options leaving us on the back foot trying to get a replacement.

They are the only club, that fits Morgan's criteria, that have even shown an interest. Even then he is apparently only a back up if they don't get their preferred choice(s) which is bad for us because it means they, most probably, won't come in for him until late in the window when they've exhausted other options leaving us on the back foot trying to get a replacement.

I think Morgan's criteria was bull**** to be honest. If Spurs or Liverpool are the best he could do and they stump up the cash I think he'd still go

I think Morgan's criteria was bull**** to be honest. If Spurs or Liverpool are the best he could do and they stump up the cash I think he'd still go

Thing is I don't think either will pay our asking price but it would be interesting to see how Schneiderlin would react if we rejected a low offer from either of those. Bet he would throw his toys out of his pram like last summer.

Thing is I don't think either will pay our asking price but it would be interesting to see how Schneiderlin would react if we rejected a low offer from either of those. Bet he would throw his toys out of his pram like last summer.

You can see him starting to already. I think United will get a bigger name and Arsenal will walk away. Spurs will come in bidding 15 million which we will reject and he'll kick off again. I don't even think it's about money with him now, he's just got it into his head that he's bigger than Southampton.

You can see him starting to already. I think United will get a bigger name and Arsenal will walk away. Spurs will come in bidding 15 million which we will reject and he'll kick off again. I don't even think it's about money with him now, he's just got it into his head that he's bigger than Southampton.

I disagree entirely, i think he just genuinely wants to play at the top level.

I disagree entirely, i think he just genuinely wants to play at the top level.

Completely agree. Taking off our 'Saint tinted specs' what more can he really achieve with us? As far as I'm concerned he's given us his all while he's been here and if a CL club will meet our valuation then best of luck to him.

Completely agree. Taking off our 'Saint tinted specs' what more can he really achieve with us? As far as I'm concerned he's given us his all while he's been here and if a CL club will meet our valuation then best of luck to him.

he wants to stay in England supposedly. He wants to play CL football. He has four options of which Chelsea is a no go, Man City, who knows what they think, Arsenal appear to be distancing themselves from the 25 million being asked and Man Utd supposedly have him down as second choice if you believe the press.

He has narrowed down his options. Be interesting to see what he does if the big four dont come in for him.....

Well that's Wenger for you, doesn't like to have to admit he was wrong about anything, could probably have signed Morgan a couple of years back..didn't want to so now he won't pay 5 times as much as he would have then. Fabregas..

well he wouldn't take him back even if he had first option on that, Song..well he'd have improved them as well but that would have meant going back on his original decision..he does it all of the time, always has.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3116587/Manchester-United-hoping-Southampton-bond-aid-Morgan-Schneiderlin-move.html

Interesting headline. Do we have a good relationship with Man Utd? The deal for Shaw seemed to be handled quite well and they paid up, but is it any different from anyone else? Maybe not Spurs and Liverpool. Arsenal have also been doing a bit of nonsense with courting the players (like posting press speculation on their twitter page). But good relationship? Sounds like the "special relationship" we have with USA when they want something.

Maybe the make weight is Hernandez, but long term I am not sure that he would want to be with us while Austin might. But I guess we'll see what happens.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3116587/Manchester-United-hoping-Southampton-bond-aid-Morgan-Schneiderlin-move.html

Interesting headline. Do we have a good relationship with Man Utd? The deal for Shaw seemed to be handled quite well and they paid up, but is it any different from anyone else? Maybe not Spurs and Liverpool. Arsenal have also been doing a bit of nonsense with courting the players (like posting press speculation on their twitter page). But good relationship? Sounds like the "special relationship" we have with USA when they want something.

Maybe the make weight is Hernandez, but long term I am not sure that he would want to be with us while Austin might. But I guess we'll see what happens.

I'll tell you what will smooth the path, 25 million straight out, no adds-on and no haggling. It's nothing to do with any malarky between LvG and Koeman, why oh why do they make this crap up, does it sell papers,advertsing space?

The LvG/RK thing was just the press trying to sensationalise things. I guess they think it adds an edge to proceedings. Or maybe they like to create the illusion of a battle so that when LvG "wins" they can ingratiate themselves to him/the club and be fed a few more scraps. Who knows, but it is a complete load of ******** when coming to transfer dealings.

Wenger whose natural arrogance has been further inflated by winning a tinpot trophy is happy to go all-Poundland again. No surprises there then.

Most if not all clubs would be more than happy to have won that 'tinpot trophy' two years running.

Most if not all clubs would be more than happy to have won that 'tinpot trophy' two years running.

Not when your team is built to reach the latter stages of the CL and you get knocked out because of a shameful performance at home to one of the weakest sides in the competition.