Schneiderlin Speculation

Killers Knee

Always the way though, same with Clyne. In the case of Clyne I hope we don't miss out on Trippier and Byram whilst Clyne and LVG dally about.

For our central mf though, perhaps we should bang on and bring in Clasie, and/or the Senegalese bloke, Gueye (?), and if we're serious about Europa League etc next year we'll have a good pool to select from. (Keeping them all happy may not be so easy though).

For Clyne and Schneiderlin the window shuts on July 30 .........if still here and they play in the Europa I don't think they can play for another team in another UEFA comp.

Thoughts ???

For Clyne and Schneiderlin the window shuts on July 30 .........if still here and they play in the Europa I don't think they can play for another team in another UEFA comp.

Thoughts ???

It is not quite that simple. As I interpret the rules, someone who plays in the qualifying rounds can be registered for the group phase for a different club. Also, someone transferred in January can register for their new club if they are moving up from the Europa League to the Champions League or down from the Champions League to the Europa League (so long as their prior club did not also move down).

If I am right, Clyne or Schneiderlin (or anyone else) can play for us in our qualifying rounds and still play for someone else in the group and knockout phases. In theory that means we could keep and play them with the intent to transfer them if we get knocked out in August.

Here are the rules:

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA

Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for

more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however,

a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the

play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled

to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another

club as from the group stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16, a

player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs 18.18 to 18.21 below.

A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club

competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the

course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA

administration in accordance with the present regulations.

Subsequent registration

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a

maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the

current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013

(24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA

club competition group stage match for another club in the current season

may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

a) in the same competition for another club; or

b) for another club that is currently in the same competition.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded

only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA

Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to

be registered.

18.21 If the registration of such new players causes the number of players on List A

to exceed 25, the club must remove the necessary number of currently

registered players to reduce the squad to 25 players again. The quota of the

“locally trained players” must be respected when registering new players.

Newly registered players must wear set numbers which have not yet been

assigned.

It is not quite that simple. As I interpret the rules, someone who plays in the qualifying rounds can be registered for the group phase for a different club. Also, someone transferred in January can register for their new club if they are moving up from the Europa League to the Champions League or down from the Champions League to the Europa League (so long as their prior club did not also move down).

If I am right, Clyne or Schneiderlin (or anyone else) can play for us in our qualifying rounds and still play for someone else in the group and knockout phases. In theory that means we could keep and play them with the intent to transfer them if we get knocked out in August.

Here are the rules:

18.07 As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA

Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for

more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however,

a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the

play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled

to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another

club as from the group stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 16, a

player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs 18.18 to 18.21 below.

A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club

competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the

course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA

administration in accordance with the present regulations.

Subsequent registration

18.18 For all matches from the start of the round of 16, a club may register a

maximum of three new eligible players for the remaining matches in the

current competition. Such registration must be completed by 1 February 2013

(24.00 CET) at the latest. This deadline cannot be extended.

18.19 One player from the above quota of three who has been fielded in a UEFA

club competition group stage match for another club in the current season

may exceptionally be registered, provided that the player has not been fielded:

a) in the same competition for another club; or

b) for another club that is currently in the same competition.

18.20 One or more players from the above quota of three who have been fielded

only in the first, second or third qualifying round or play-offs of the UEFA

Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club are entitled to

be registered.

18.21 If the registration of such new players causes the number of players on List A

to exceed 25, the club must remove the necessary number of currently

registered players to reduce the squad to 25 players again. The quota of the

“locally trained players” must be respected when registering new players.

Newly registered players must wear set numbers which have not yet been

assigned.

WOW that had to be written by lawyers for the elite clubs.....:)

Hey thanks for sharing..........

Metro reporting deal done to go to Man Utd.

Not quite they reported that Morgan has agreed terms. Which is interesting considering I read an article yesterday saying man u hadn't even tabled a bid yet and saints haven't given Morgan permission to speak to any clubs at this time

So many different stories doing the rounds at the moment hard to know what is going on. I guess when it's on the O/S we will know its fact.

Not quite they reported that Morgan has agreed terms. Which is interesting considering I read an article yesterday saying man u hadn't even tabled a bid yet and saints haven't given Morgan permission to speak to any clubs at this time

So many different stories doing the rounds at the moment hard to know what is going on. I guess when it's on the O/S we will know its fact.

It could be similar to the Clyne situation where his "representatives" agreed terms with their "representatives".

That's why there's no point getting over excited about things. Also, as I have absolutely no input what so ever into who the club sells/signs, much better to be pragmatic about things and just kick back and see what's what. The only choice I have is to renew my ST or not (which I did a long time back) and then whether to use it or not.

Clubs agree terms with players before making offer to clubs, that's just how it works no poibt getting precious we'll be doing the same. Even Tiss said on his recent Sky documentary that he agreed terms with Spurs but Saints wouldn't sell when Spurs came in for him.

To be fair on his Facebook he's posted the same picture but also another one with his mrs and the caption "Somewhere on planet Earth ...

Thinking about what the future holds ....

‪#‎Withmy‬❤ ‪#‎VacationTime‬"

So he could be thinking about what the future holds with her...

Clutching at straws?

He has done his time at Saints and its been wonderful for both parties.

Really hope he gets a great move without anything turning sour like last summer.

I don't know why you bother supporting Southampton as you clearly have no ambition what so ever.

It could be similar to the Clyne situation where his "representatives" agreed terms with their "representatives".

More than likely. Strange way to do it need to make sure the clubs have agreed a price first Imo.

This is why players get the hump they agree terms then if the clubs can't agree a fee player gets upset because in their mind they are already at their new club.

More than likely. Strange way to do it need to make sure the clubs have agreed a price first Imo.

This is why players get the hump they agree terms then if the clubs can't agree a fee player gets upset because in their mind they are already at their new club.

Thats exactly why they do it - it puts additional pressure on the selling club. Also it avoids the buying club being held to ransom on wages.

Oh come off it, he has an agent for that, doesn't he, not that we have been in any doubt that he sees his future elsewhere. Would be amusing to see the club refuse to sell.

They won't. There was an agreement made last summer that he would go this year if an acceptable bid came in. He's clearly sought after, but as I alluded to further above, there are lots of very decent MC's on the move this summer that are potentially a cheaper option. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

He has done his time at Saints and its been wonderful for both parties.

Really hope he gets a great move without anything turning sour like last summer.

That kind of depends on the seriousness of the offer ...again. Last year, Spurs were clearly not serious, yet it caused Morgan to feel he was being denied a move.

If interested parties are equally derisory with their bids this year, we will probably get the same sour taste

Anyone recognise the badge on that cap he's wearing ?

Adidas cap, normal he's an Adidas signed player but that yellow badge looks a bit familiar. Can't be an official MU adidas cap though yet can it?

What yellow badge? It's a red cap with the Adidas Originals "leaf" logo on it.

I don't know why some people get worked up about these things. Somewhere there's someone thinking about a move to us. Someone contracted to someone else will be aware of saints interest in them and a ball park figure regarding wages .

Its called being a football fan. Anything that effects your club in a positive way is good. You really don't care if your club **** all over littleclub FC and take their best player for a pittance. Things that effect your club negatively are bad. When Bigclub Fc takes one of your best players it's horrible and the sad state of modern football.

Football fans from most clubs, in general, think like this (just listen to talksport or 606). Football fans are generally not very logical and why should they be football is about passion for your own club as much as anything else. Obviously there are some exceptions like your good self.

Edited by doddisalegend

Heard through the most tenuous, daft link that he has now officially left Saints and has signed for another club. Source - Literally someone my mum knows :lol: . I don't think this exactly helps my ITK credentials somehow.

It depends on who she knows

There was an agreement made last summer that he would go this year if an acceptable bid came in.

This whole agreement thing is vague are perhaps not even true. What is true is He is contracted to us and won't go anywhere unless the offer we get is too good to turn down, as was the case with all those that left last season. I suspect we will play very hard ball on that transfer fee, again. What is he going to do, go on strike a year before the euros?

I don't doubt he will leave, why would he?, but I have to say I don't get all this 'he's done his shift and we wish him well'. **** that. I want you to stay. Demand more cash, sure, but stay, allow us to build around you, not rebuild.

This whole agreement thing is vague are perhaps not even true. What is true is He is contracted to us and won't go anywhere unless the offer we get is too good to turn down, as was the case with all those that left last season. I suspect we will play very hard ball on that transfer fee, again. What is he going to do, go on strike a year before the euros?

I don't doubt he will leave, why would he?, but I have to say I don't get all this 'he's done his shift and we wish him well'. **** that. I want you to stay. Demand more cash, sure, but stay, allow us to build around you, not rebuild.

yeah this

many reasons for a player that is as good as him

many reasons for a player that is as good as him

It should have said 'why wouldn't he'. Bloody shoddy typing on my part. Of course he will go. Other clubs can offer much much more money than us, more trophies and titles and of course fame. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

It should have said 'why wouldn't he'. Bloody shoddy typing on my part. Of course he will go. Other clubs can offer much much more money than us, more trophies and titles and of course fame. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.

agree. very hard for a club like us to replace him...

He's obviously going to leave, let's not kid ourselves.

What if no club meets our valuation? I have no doubt he wants to leave but someone has to cough up the cash first. Arsenal don't look interested (seem to be looking for cheap options), no mention of Chelsea or Citeh being interested which only leaves Man U (if Morgan goes to a PL club in the CL which is his stated goal) and according to the press he is only a back up option if they don't get their preferred targets. Basically Morgan doesn't look that in demand and will coast a premium to boot. Won't be at all surprised if he is not here next season but I'm not convinced that many clubs (that fits his criteria) are that interested in him.