Schneiderlin Speculation

Killers Knee

Always hated Spurs!!

If it wasn't for us letting them draw with us on the final game of 77/78 season they would have still been in the Second Division!!!

One of the quotes on the Spurs board on the news that MS has given them the finger

"Schniederlin is a sideways passing, up his own arse **** **** who makes Joey Barton look like Xavi.

Wouldn't even take the french speaking **** stain on a free.

Overrated.

Do one and enjoy your Champions League."

but like my Murphys, I'm not bitter.......

One of the quotes on the Spurs board on the news that MS has given them the finger

"Schniederlin is a sideways passing, up his own arse **** **** who makes Joey Barton look like Xavi.

Wouldn't even take the french speaking **** stain on a free.

Overrated.

Do one and enjoy your Champions League."

but like my Murphys, I'm not bitter.......

Brilliant!

good luck to the fella and we should not stick a stupid price on him,,, just maybe stitch up a player-plus-cash deal if possible... To be honest Toby and Morgan at this stage of their career need champions league in my opinion and both can go with the blessing of most fans I would hope... I am expecting Yoshy to be one of our most improved players next season and have no worries with him as an automatic choice so long as we sign cover....

good luck to the fella and we should not stick a stupid price on him,,, just maybe stitch up a player-plus-cash deal if possible... To be honest Toby and Morgan at this stage of their career need champions league in my opinion and both can go with the blessing of most fans I would hope... I am expecting Yoshy to be one of our most improved players next season and have no worries with him as an automatic choice so long as we sign cover....

I don't want us to be complacent. If we do lose Toby, I fully expect us to sign a first choice top level CB to replace him. Yoshida will continue as 3rd CB.

I think we should get the most we can to be honest, sentiment in football is all well and good...but we shouldn't just sell him for a small price just so he gets his move. We hold the cards, if someone wants him, they pay us exactly what we want.

I don't want us to be complacent. If we do lose Toby, I fully expect us to sign a first choice top level CB to replace him. Yoshida will continue as 3rd CB.

I think we should get the most we can to be honest, sentiment in football is all well and good...but we shouldn't just sell him for a small price just so he gets his move. We hold the cards, if someone wants him, they pay us exactly what we want.

Amen.

Toure is staying, supposedly. Where's Gundogan (purportedly) off to? I could Google of course, but I'm interested to hear what you've heard/read. United? Wherever Klopp ends up?

I heard that Gundogan has said he wants to leave, last year of his contract apparently - so Dortmund are in a similar situation to ourselves. No idea where he'll end up, but that's another top CM on the market this summer. I think City are just playing a bit of hardball, I think he'll go in the end and City will replace him with Pogba. Strootman is still being linked to Man Utd, although he did have a bad injury.

Vidal is the new main target on Arsenal's list going by the rumors, and Khedira will surely attract quite a few suitors. Now that Morgan has pretty much said that he will only leave for a CL club, it makes you wonder where he will end up in the end. There are lots of other top players in his position on the move. I guess it'll come down to price in the end.

I see that Van Gaal says very specifically that he needs a number 6, very precise that, not a gung ho box to box like Vidal or Gundogan, a holding midfielder just like Carrick..and Morgan. Doubt if Morgan would narrow it down so much if he didn't have at least some idea of where he stands just now. Pogba will go to Real or Barca, Gundogan may well go to the other one, No idea about Strootman although AS Rome are after Cabaye. PSG are waiting to see where they are with Motta I think and

if they lose Cabaye they could be on the look-out for someone. Khedira to Juventus.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I am expecting Yoshy to be one of our most improved players next season and have no worries with him as an automatic choice so long as we sign cover....

Jesus Christ. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::mcinnes:

We haven't got where we are by settling for third rate cover players as starters.

Except in goal.

Jesus Christ. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::mcinnes:

We haven't got where we are by settling for third rate cover players as starters.

Except in goal.

Looks like a post by Yuki Saki Agogo actually, psychology student at Sussex University,spiritual home of Britains Loony Left or is that Brighton Tech.

I heard that Gundogan has said he wants to leave, last year of his contract apparently - so Dortmund are in a similar situation to ourselves. No idea where he'll end up, but that's another top CM on the market this summer. I think City are just playing a bit of hardball, I think he'll go in the end and City will replace him with Pogba. Strootman is still being linked to Man Utd, although he did have a bad injury.

Vidal is the new main target on Arsenal's list going by the rumors, and Khedira will surely attract quite a few suitors. Now that Morgan has pretty much said that he will only leave for a CL club, it makes you wonder where he will end up in the end. There are lots of other top players in his position on the move. I guess it'll come down to price in the end.

Ta! Feels/Looks a bit bloated (the current top-class DM/CM market).

I see that Van Gaal says very specifically that he needs a number 6, very precise that, not a gung ho box to box like Vidal or Gundogan, a holding midfielder just like Carrick..and Morgan. Doubt if Morgan would narrow it down so much if he didn't have at least some idea of where he stands just now. Pogba will go to Real or Barca, Gundogan may well go to the other one, No idea about Strootman although AS Rome are after Cabaye. PSG are waiting to see where they are with Motta I think and

if they lose Cabaye they could be on the look-out for someone. Khedira to Juventus.

Similarly, thanks for the information/your interpretation/etc :thumbup:

Hmmm, would certainly sweeten the pill of losing Morgan, and keep him out of the clutches of our opponents to boot :)

Not sure if Morgan will go for it though, who knows?

Except Morgan, who seems to be saying he wants to stay in the Premier League.

If no one wants him in England though, I'm sure he'd conciser a CL club abroad. I think both of these transfers will drag until late august, and we'll be onto Meltdown v1552952 by the time anything is decided for sure.

If no one wants him in England though, I'm sure he'd conciser a CL club abroad. I think both of these transfers will drag until late august, and we'll be onto Meltdown v1552952 by the time anything is decided for sure.

I wonder if there's any time limit set on Atletico to decide if they are going to pay us to cancel our option to buy Toby?

I wonder if there's any time limit set on Atletico to decide if they are going to pay us to cancel our option to buy Toby?

As far as i'm aware, our clause will be active until his loan contract expires which isn't until the 1st of July. I think Atletico will probably be quite keen to pay up early to start a bidding war as soon as they can though.

With regards to Morgan, those quotes are pretty conclusive. Interesting that he says "if I leave this summer" rather than saying "when I leave this summer" - shows that he may be willing to wait for the right move if the offers he'll get this summer aren't attractive enough for him. Seems that he has his heart set on a Top 4 club in the Prem though which is annoying as I was hoping we wouldn't have to play against him domestically!

As far as i'm aware, our clause will be active until his loan contract expires which isn't until the 1st of July. I think Atletico will probably be quite keen to pay up early to start a bidding war as soon as they can though.

With regards to Morgan, those quotes are pretty conclusive. Interesting that he says "if I leave this summer" rather than saying "when I leave this summer" - shows that he may be willing to wait for the right move if the offers he'll get this summer aren't attractive enough for him. Seems that he has his heart set on a Top 4 club in the Prem though which is annoying as I was hoping we wouldn't have to play against him domestically!

The fact that Morgan is so specific (CL club, playing in the PL) makes me think he knows that one of the big clubs is in for him imo.

Prem club in the Champions league, can't see Chelsea buying him, so Arsenal, Man Utd and City.

Arsenal seem to be linked with Vidal, he would count as homegrown I think for City though they are quite stocked in that area.

Would hate to see him at Utd even though he would do their team wonders.

The Athletico deal would go down well all round, hope that has some truth in it.

I fully expect this to take all summer so I just think the club plan to loose him and get on with his replacement early (like Clasie) and our other transfers. and see whether he is still here in August.

Would love to see us wrap up a couple of signings early.

This might be good news for us

Arsenal make SHOCK move for Swansea midfielder Ki Sung-Yeung

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/581095/Arsenal-Transfer-Target-Swansea-Ki-Sung-Yeung

Cheap and sells shirts and package tours...what's not to like.

Old rumour though, been kicking about since last Tuesday. Arsenal are interested in wait for it...about half a billion £s worth of players at this time, every hack and agent uses them to fill space and promote interest.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 21s21 seconds ago

Morgan Schneiderlin "very close" to a move to Manchester United, rather than Arsenal, according to Canal +. More to follow.

would make sense. he would be perfect for them

Either is far better than spurs. His career will improve more at arsenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Reckon he would have regretted going there in the summer if it meant missing out on either Arsenal or United a year later.

I have to say well done to Ron and Les Reed, it must have been a hard task getting him to stay here for the season just gone. Suspect he will be gone within the next few weeks.

I think we have all had a year to come to terms with Morgan leaving and that's why most of us are ok with it.

Agreed.

Like Rickie, he gave us 5 seasons of real effort and I don't begrudge him (or Lambert) for getting the best deals they can out of the remainder of their careers.

Agreed.

Like Rickie, he gave us 5 seasons of real effort and I don't begrudge him (or Lambert) for getting the best deals they can out of the remainder of their careers.

He's been here more than 5 seasons.

Except in goal.

.......think that's a little harsh "9".

Yoshida has been playing out of his normal CB position in many games, and although it's difficult to see him as a natural replacement for Toby, I don't think of him as " third rate " and it would be hard to name too many games where he played badly last season.

£25m being quoted on Twitter where he is trending. That's about right I think.

I'd be disappointed if its not £30m minimum for a player of his quality. Amazing how we managed to keep him in L1 and the Championship really.

I thought that everyone had been saying for moths that it was a done deal with Arsenal.

People were saying it was a done deal with Arsenal the day he signed for us....

In truth though I think it was viewed that he was Arsenal bound if they wanted him, but it seems Wenger is looking elsewhere.