Schneiderlin Speculation

Killers Knee

Don't believe we will sell until Summer, however if he does go this window, I would expect a nice £7m premium to be added to his base value (the payout for champions league group stage participation). £32m for now, probably £25m in summer.

Its been covered to death, we will not sell this window and MS has said the same. Its about the summer, not before

Its been covered to death, we will not sell this window and MS has said the same. Its about the summer, not before

Exactly, we're third place and not going away. Why weaken our own chances by selling our best players to a rival? Had we been sitting in mid-table it might have happened, but not now.

Exactly, we're third place and not going away. Why weaken our own chances by selling our best players to a rival? Had we been sitting in mid-table it might have happened, but not now.

This^^^

Given our position we'd be mad to sell anyone in Jan. We need to be bringing in a couple of extra players IMO not lose anyone.

I saw that but it doesn't make sense.

Why would the club agree a fee when the player is one of the very, very few who could trigger a bidding war among the Big Four?

who knows what was agreed for Morgan to stay, shut up and say great things about the club

I suspect arsenal would still be a bigger draw

What if they are in Europa and we are in CL? What then? And as I just edited my post quickly - he is contracted until 2017 so we don't have to sell him off at all.

I suppose Arsenal can offer bigger wages, but I suspect he is on a lot as it. Do you think he wants to be at a 'big club' or play in Europe foremost?

we didnt have to sell anyone but we did

True - everyone has a price and we can't expect the players to be nostalgic like a lot of us are with him coming up with us from league 1. Is there no loyalty in football? If he is on £30k now though - I suppose he could more than double his wages at another club (although I suspect we could counter offer a higher wage, though not match the likes of Man U and Arsenal). Is there no loyalty or fondness from him though after all this time?! It's such a shame - I can understand chasing the big club or CL, but not just cash - hence I don't think he'll *definitely* move if we get CL football. I think we could twist his arm for another year or so on higher wages (hate how money driven it is - isn't £30k a week enough?!)

True - everyone has a price and we can't expect the players to be nostalgic like a lot of us are with him coming up with us from league 1. Is there no loyalty in football? If he is on £30k now though - I suppose he could more than double his wages at another club (although I suspect we could counter offer a higher wage, though not match the likes of Man U and Arsenal). Is there no loyalty or fondness from him though after all this time?! It's such a shame - I can understand chasing the big club or CL, but not just cash - hence I don't think he'll *definitely* move if we get CL football. I think we could twist his arm for another year or so on higher wages (hate how money driven it is - isn't £30k a week enough?!)

it is the profile of playing for arsenal and more so, united.

playing week in week out with Di Maria, Rooney, RvP or Ozil, Sanchez etc...the profile of those clubs would no doubt help him cement a place in the france side, where deschamps seems to like champions league regulars.

also, those clubs are more likely to win things

I do not like it but that is why they move also, throw in £75k, £100k+ a week

is it me or does this stink of games by Man United to try and destabilise a potential threat to their champions league ambitions?

Probably not just you, a few other lunatics on here will be thinking the same, that the only reason this article exists is to destabilise us.

Probably not just you, a few other lunatics on here will be thinking the same, that the only reason this article exists is to destabilise us.

I wonder how they structure the deals personally. Do you think Man United pay for each destabilising article a journalist writes about us, or is it some kind of bundle deal?

My point is, is this the end of the last arrangement, or the start of a new one?

Why not?

because it would weaken us and strengthen them at this pivotal moment in time in the season? I know you'll be talking about Liverpool, and how they've got weaker now even after buying our players, but Liverpool were always going to get worse when Suarez departed, and tbf to them Sturridge has been injured too.

We have a great chance of CL Spot and/or FA Cup, why ruin that now by selling a key player?

He may be injured but will be very key come March, April and May.

so talking with an agent to try an unsettle morgan with talk of a move in january is beyond the realms of possibility.an unsettled player in our side could effect performances.

why does suggesting this make me a lunatic? are you a compelete bell end when you communciate with people face to face?

• 3 weeks later...

Know what, with Morgan and Arsenal I'll believe it when he's holding up his Arsenal shirt at the Emirates and not before. Agent's cousin told me that Wenger was all over him in Brazil last summer, everything was settled, fiancée got a job in London and all and then it all fell through because they didn't even put in a proper bid.

What, you saying Wenger tapped him up?? I'm truly shocked.

What I'm saying is that this "deal" has been done and dusted so many times apparently and then come to nothing that you just don't know what to accept as reasonably reliable any more. Still think he might just end up at the AS Rome myself. Agent is very close to them and Garcia is a known admirer, they can sell Strootman to Utd for more than any man can possibly be worth and get Morgan for half of that.

Edited by Window Cleaner

TBH, when he leaves us, I would far rather he not play in PL and that he does go abroad. But, I imagine that it will come down to wages more than anything else. Sure London has it's attractions, but so does Rome. Can Roma match Arsenal on wages though? Can they really afford £100k+ pw? Maybe they can. De Rossi is their current highest earner on €6.5m a year (supposedly), which if you take £1:€1.25 (rather than the current rate) then that would be £100k pw. Tax rate in Italy is a bit less with a top rate of 43% rather than 45%, although there is a regional and municipal tax to add so pretty much the same.

TBH, when he leaves us, I would far rather he not play in PL and that he does go abroad. But, I imagine that it will come down to wages more than anything else. Sure London has it's attractions, but so does Rome. Can Roma match Arsenal on wages though? Can they really afford £100k+ pw? Maybe they can. De Rossi is their current highest earner on €6.5m a year (supposedly), which if you take £1:€1.25 (rather than the current rate) then that would be £100k pw. Tax rate in Italy is a bit less with a top rate of 43% rather than 45%, although there is a regional and municipal tax to add so pretty much the same.

but the premier league is where it is at. moving to arsenal will be huge for him

but the premier league is where it is at. moving to arsenal will be huge for him

Of course but they may not even actually bid for him again and I doubt he'll be duped by them for an nth time.

Arsenal want everyone but there is always a limit to what they're prepared to pay. I think we'll hold out for far more than they'll pay.

maybe. That Coquelin looks like a good player. But then, morgan is proven as top dollar in this league over a season

Coquelin was on his way out, he was on loan at Charlton to finish his contract before being sent off into the wilderness, lad has done quite well of late but they'll want better than he eventually, the price is going to be the sticking point as per usual.

That seriously football vid says he signed for us aged 8. Seems to me as if anything passes for fact at the Star!

No, I seem to recall Dave Jones saying we had signed him on a pre-contract agreement which included Strasbourg keeping him until Rupert Lowe came on the scene and found enough money to buy him. I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Morgan just tweeted that he went back to training today and thanks to all those that have helped. Why go back training with a club you'll leave in an hour or so......

I'm not sure there was any doubt about Morgan staying on for the season was there? There were no reports about him leaving in January.