Hampshire CCC - 2015 Season

Halo Stickman

343/6 in the RL One Day Cup, Vince with 103 and fast knocks at the end from Dawson (73* from 66) and Wood (38* from 24) with a last-wicket partnership of 78 from 7 overs. Would be very disappointed if we don't manage to defend that...

Going well, Sussex 214/5 off 35. Need another 130 from 15, should be too much with only 5 wickets in hand

So Dawson gets runs and then frankly ridiculous bowling figures of 6/47 :lol: :adore:

Either that loan to Essex was the kick up the arse he needed, or the most negligent management decision possible on our part...

I think pretty much everyone on here felt it was a daft decision when it was first announced.

Good news from the youngsters. Weatherley (opening batsman) scored his second century of the week 102 not out at lunch for the seconds against Glamorgan. He also took 3-20 of 16 overs yesterday.

Terry also featured (other opener) in the runs with 97

For England under 19 warm up today against Unicorns including Graham Onions opening the bowling Alsop (opening for England) is 68 not out at Lunch but Onions got him soon after

Weatherley, Taylor and Crane will be joining England under 19 for a one off unofficial test against Australia Under 19's next week

Edited by Weston Saint

Yep, agreed, pitch will get worse. Still, after they built a good recovery, we turned to our 3rd spinner (Glamorgan only have one) and Smith duly took a wicket with his first ball of the match. They look headed for 180ish, which will take patient batting

Match declared no result due to dangerous pitch. Carberry and Adams both hit hard due to unpredictable, steep bounce. Umpires consulted with captains and batsmen. Not sure what was said but it is likely the umpires took their own decision for safety anyway. Less than 10 overs batted by us (all going well apart from the two incidents) so no result

Edited by Bucks Saint

Agreed, one point each is not fair. Is this set in stone, or can the cricket board still award Hants the win? A 2 point deduction for Glamorgan next season isn't much use for Hants.

Because it has not happened before, the decision on points and penalties for Glamorgan remain to be determined. Given that they were punished last season for this, I think they may suffer something greater this time (and to be effective this season). Whether we get two points, watch this space

Glamorgan captain Jacques Rudolph said: "I think it's the right decision (to abandon the match), I would have kept bowling Hoges because I needed to keep taking wickets."

So it appears he chose for the match to be abandoned to salvage the point. Can't blame him I suppose, but he shouldn't get away with it.

"The pitch did become too dangerous but no reason why we shouldn't get 2 points from that game, Duckworth Lewis at that stage was 9 for 0." - James Vince

"Hopefully common sense prevails and we get the 2 points with the position we were in. Let's wait and see." - Liam Dawson

Glamorgan captain Jacques Rudolph said: "I think it's the right decision (to abandon the match), I would have kept bowling Hoges because I needed to keep taking wickets."

So it appears he chose for the match to be abandoned to salvage the point. Can't blame him I suppose, but he shouldn't get away with it.

"The pitch did become too dangerous but no reason why we shouldn't get 2 points from that game, Duckworth Lewis at that stage was 9 for 0." - James Vince

"Hopefully common sense prevails and we get the 2 points with the position we were in. Let's wait and see." - Liam Dawson

Can't blame Rudolph for trying to take wickets. He appeared to be given the option of withdrawing his fast bowler and then the game could continue. He didn't choose for the match to be stopped, that was the umpires.

Well the situation seems to be too good to be true for Glamorgan, they didn't bat very well and to be offered a point (in theory) for a match that they had about an 80%+ chance of losing couldn't be turned down. In fact with a bad wicket they

were probably always in a win win situation.

Can't blame Rudolph for trying to take wickets. He appeared to be given the option of withdrawing his fast bowler and then the game could continue. He didn't choose for the match to be stopped, that was the umpires.

By not withdrawing his fast bowler he knew the match would be abandoned, so it was his choice. Given what happened last year, it is almost certain Glamorgan will be docked at least 2 points (either this season or next), and possibly will still forfeit this match (if there's any justice). So he may look back and regret his decision.

Looks like another poor show against Essex today, top order all failed, Smith and Dawson put us back on track until we lost our last fve pretty quickly and then the bowling looks pretty abysmal again. So erratic are Hampshire.

Indeed. Jackson Bird must be one of the worst overseas signings ever. Utter pony 90% of the time

Back on. Warks need 259 off 42 overs. Only 22 less, with 8 less overs, so I will take that.

EDIT: off again. 22 behind the D/L score still, so we win if it keeps raining, though commentators think it will stop

Edited by Bucks Saint