Lallana reception?

robbie1717

I've got to say, never seen anything quite like it at one of our games. Lovren actually got less abuse, although get abused he did. The substitution and booing from all around the ground was intense.

I know that he still has a few defenders on here, but from the reaction from the crowd, he's not popular. The bloke behind me has some very edgy chants that most of his neighbours will chuckle at, but no-one takes up. He did the same today, and it rang around Itchen North. Brutal.

I've got to say, never seen anything quite like it at one of our games. Lovren actually got less abuse, although get abused he did. The substitution and booing from all around the ground was intense.

I know that he still has a few defenders on here, but from the reaction from the crowd, he's not popular. The bloke behind me has some very edgy chants that most of his neighbours will chuckle at, but no-one takes up. He did the same today, and it rang around Itchen North. Brutal.

Was he questioning the parentage of little Alfie or whatever Lallana's nipper is called?

I couldn't believe the Liverpool fans just let us abuse them like that. If the roles were reversed I'm certain we would have got behind our players to show some support but they just let us abuse them without a peep.

Their away support is almost as bad as the home support now. Embarrassing

http://www.espnfc.us/barclays-premier-league/story/2312709/liverpools-rodgers-accuses-southampton-of-disrespecting-lallanalambert

Rodgers was upset by the way Lallana was treated at St. Mary's, where the Liverpool manager believed there was a lack of gratitude towards another returning player, Lambert.

"Adam was the captain here for two years, gave incredible service to Southampton and I know for a fact he could have left here a number of times and didn't," the Reds boss said.

"And to get the reception he got I thought was disappointing.

"I looked in the match programme and there was nothing relevant to his time here and all the time has been here since a boy.

"Then there's the like of Rickie Lambert -- great servants to here, incredible players that have got the club to where it is today. There was no mention of him, which I thought was sad.

"I can see Lovren because he was only here a year, but those two guys gave their heart and soul to Southampton and are big supporters of this club.

"They've moved to one of the biggest clubs in the world, so it is hard to deny a player that. I thought they could been given a wee bit more today."

my hate for Liverpool and Rodgers grows and grows and grows. So condescending.

Doesn't seem like the Saints media team care much for his comments...

@JFBLucas: It's a matchday magazine, Brendan! #saintsfc

@MrSimonWilliams: Yes, Brendan. but did you complete the word search?

Doesn't seem like the Saints media team care much for his comments...

@JFBLucas: It's a matchday magazine, Brendan! #saintsfc

@MrSimonWilliams: Yes, Brendan. but did you complete the word search?

9 down, "total ****", 7 letters, starts with L

I find it amusing that Rodgers got the hump as have other ex Liverpool players. Do we have to welcome them back with open arms because Liverpool is special?

But what I find sad is the arrogance surrounding that club. I remember the older Liverpool fan coming on here over the summer who gave a different image, as he saw how football had been changed for the worse. But Rodgers, ex-players, media all thinking that everyone should love Liverpool.

Pretty moody up in the Itchen North yesterday, as PAP says Lallana got dogs abuse and suprised the Liverpool support did nothing to back him and Lovren. Really quiet, nowhere near the other big club's away support (Chelsea, City, United etc). A real edge though led to some trouble, towards the end there were punches thrown between fans but before that 2 corporate boxes had to be emptied after going nuts at Liverpool's opening goad. The group of Asians in the box at the back of block 3 particularly inciting trouble calling everyone below them w***ers etc which led to people trying to get in the box. Really think the club need to look at how they sell these boxes as this has happened a few times (Arsenal and Man U off the top of my head).

I was surprised at how vicious and intense the atmosphere was towards him. I expected some boos and a bit of a pantomime villain type of atmosphere, but it wasn't like that, it was quite horrible when he was being subbed. I don't think he deserved that to be honest and on the highlights, you could see he looked somewhat bewildered by what he was hearing.

I was surprised at how vicious and intense the atmosphere was towards him. I expected some boos and a bit of a pantomime villain type of atmosphere, but it wasn't like that, it was quite horrible when he was being subbed. I don't think he deserved that to be honest and on the highlights, you could see he looked somewhat bewildered by what he was hearing.

You're too soft!

He left us in crap way, acted a cünt. What did he expect?

Not seen the highlights, but thought he didn't have a good game. Always had him down to be the type that couldn't handle a hostile atmosphere. Glad his pathetic PR offensive was ineffective and not taken in by our core support. The song about his kid was naughty though...

:lol: indeed he did. Bless him and his expectations of 'mixed reactions'. I bet he thought he'd be able to go off and applaud the whole ground. Nope.

He isn't welcome at St Mary's and never will be. Great to hear that reaction when he was subbed, nothing less than that rat deserves. He hid for most of the game, lots of one touch lay offs without actually trying to to do anything. Compare him to Coutinho who was their best player by a mile I thought and 25 million looks far too much to have paid for him. Lovren was probably their worst player as well, constantly ball watching and out of position with pretty awful distribution. 45 million for the pair was great business

Not seen the highlights, but thought he didn't have a good game. Always had him down to be the type that couldn't handle a hostile atmosphere. Glad his pathetic PR offensive was ineffective and not taken in by our core support. The song about his kid was naughty though...

Yeah that's what I mean, that chant was a bit OTT. What was the need for that? Don't get me wrong, I was expecting an atmosphere and a bit of a reception towards him as he was a **** in the way he left and the disrespect he showed. I just think it went slightly over the line on a few occasions.

He couldn't handle the game though, he wasn't in it. He seemed to be playing on the edge as to not get noticed as he didn't want to hear the crowd.

Really? Other than when he was subbed, I thought the reception was pretty muted (nothing like Lovren's up at Anfield). Not surprising as they had so little of the ball and he saw so little of it. Strange atmosphere all-round, influenced by the early goal, the rain and Liverpool's unwillingness to go toe to toe with us. The scousers were also very quiet and didn't really pipe up till the late in the game with the second goal.

Didn't hear that from where I was.

All he had to do to prevent yesterday was leave in the way Lambert did.

Agree. Better still he could have acted like the Captain and leader of our club he was supposed to be, stood up and reiterated he's recently signed a new contract and his comments at the time of wanting to see out his career here still rang true, he looked forward to meeting the new manager who's reputation of one of European football's greats was a fantastic statement of intent which allied to his statement should go towards stabilising the club in a period of transition.

The song was abut his kid allegedly not being his. Due to his missus being outed on twitter as (again alegedly) cheating on him on a girls holiday, this led to Lallana leaving twitter. Similar to the old Kev Phillip's song whenever he came back "stand up, if you've ****ed Kev's wife". Phillips had twice the backbone Lallana has though, always played well unlike Lallana who (as Griffo says) melted big time. I've just watched MOTD2 now and he doesn't get a touch in the highlights.

His defection 100x worse than Lovren's, who was just another standard mercenary in it for the money.

Pretty moody up in the Itchen North yesterday, as PAP says Lallana got dogs abuse and suprised the Liverpool support did nothing to back him and Lovren. Really quiet, nowhere near the other big club's away support (Chelsea, City, United etc). A real edge though led to some trouble, towards the end there were punches thrown between fans but before that 2 corporate boxes had to be emptied after going nuts at Liverpool's opening goad. The group of Asians in the box at the back of block 3 particularly inciting trouble calling everyone below them w***ers etc which led to people trying to get in the box. Really think the club need to look at how they sell these boxes as this has happened a few times (Arsenal and Man U off the top of my head).

Was right next to the first box in block 3 that had to be emptied in and the main source of trouble. Remarked to someone before the game that they were scousers by the way they were trying to pass off snooker waist-coats as bespoke suits. To be clear, there were only two Asians in what was a full box and they were pretty quiet (one tried to sneak back out afterwards to watch the game). All the aggro came from one charlie adam lookalike which then amusingly flared up as some of our lot tried to climb into their box, dishing out some Hampshire just deserts.

Edited by shurlock

Agree. Better still he could have acted like the Captain and leader of our club he was supposed to be, stood up and reiterated he's recently signed a new contract and his comments at the time of wanting to see out his career here still rang true, he looked forward to meeting the new manager who's reputation of one of European football's greats was a fantastic statement of intent which allied to his statement should go towards stabilising the club in a period of transition.

The song was abut his kid allegedly not being his. Due to his missus being outed on twitter as (again alegedly) cheating on him on a girls holiday, this led to Lallana leaving twitter. Similar to the old Kev Phillip's song whenever he came back "stand up, if you've ****ed Kev's wife". Phillips had twice the backbone Lallana has though, always played well unlike Lallana who (as Griffo says) melted big time. I've just watched MOTD2 now and he doesn't get a touch in the highlights.

His defection 100x worse than Lovren's, who was just another standard mercenary in it for the money.

Couldn't agree more

This^^ yesterday was like a rabbit staring at the headlights LOL

I have made a complaint to the club regarding this. These people should have been arrested/ejected were they left because they were sat in a box? I saw 3/4 others from ordinary mortal seating being led away.