Lallana reception?

robbie1717

There's no point in booing Adam Lallana, for him to come out and say what he did yesterday was a big thing to do. The bottom line is he was a hero of the last few seasons he spent at he club, and if most were put into his shoes I'm sure they'd would deny it, but I'd be surprised if they didn't act the same way. I have no doubt he will be booed but I hope some recognise the bigger picture.

Loren though...I hope that tw-at gets what he deserves.

I think he was advised very badly as to how to force a move through - surely there was no need to force a move through as we were having a firesale...

But in all seriousness, I don't think we should boo. I think he regrets the way it all ended, and he will now always be tarnished for that.

Still miss watching him play mind :(

I think he was advised very badly as to how to force a move through .... I think he regrets the way it all ended, and he will now always be tarnished for that.

(

So not only is he a greedy thick as s hit footballer obsessed by money but his advisers are as well.

zzzzzzz

Football fans are so pathetic.

He worked for us and did a great job. Then another (bigger) company suggested they might want to sign him, he naturally encouraged that and, when offered a better contract by that bigger club he accepted. That´s life. It really is not a big deal. And all this "its the way he went about it" nonsense. Grow up.

Why don´t fans realise that to most players a football club is just an employer like any other. And why should it be anything else? Just because some fans need their football club to take their minds of their crappy lives does not mean a successful and ambitious footballer should give some extra loyalty to an employer above what most of us would give to ours.

Lallana is a Southampton Legend in my opinion for what he did with us and nothing he does subsequently (I hope he does well) will change that.

No doubt St Marys will be full of Morons chanting stupid songs and venting their feux anger at the weekend. All a bit tragic really.

zzzzzzz

He worked for us and did a great job. Then another (bigger) company suggested they might want to sign him, he naturally encouraged that and, when offered a better contract by that bigger club he accepted. That´s life. It really is not a big deal. And all this "its the way he went about it" nonsense. Grow up.

Why don´t fans realise that to most players a football club is just an employer like any other. And why should it be anything else? Just because some fans need their football club to take their minds of their crappy lives does not mean a successful and ambitious footballer should give some extra loyalty to an employer above what most of us would give to ours.

Lallana is a Southampton Legend in my opinion for what he did with us and nothing he does subsequently (I hope he does well) will change that.

No doubt St Marys will be full of Morons chanting stupid songs and venting their feux anger at the weekend. All a bit tragic really.

Why should an employee who did a good job before moving to another company be regarded as a Legend by the customers of the previous company?

zzzzzzz

This.

Move on, respect the past with fond memories, enjoy the present and look for with anticipation to the future.

Thanks Adam.

"Football fans are pathetic" or is that modern ones who seem to rollover and accept being mugged off !

He gets booed as that it what happens in football.

We can even mention why he left twitter because his then fiancee was accused of ****ging some bloke whilst on her hen party holiday.

zzzzzzz

And the old company which helped raise him and gave him the chance would welcome that person back with open arms?

In a way you are right, football is a business and people within those businesses want to be at the top. That is ambition and there is nothing wrong with that.

However it is the way you go about it. If someone said to me in my company they want to leave to a bigger firm and wont do anymore work for me while they are still being paid by me I don't think I would be too happy about that. Especially if it was one of my senior members who I had invested a lot of time and money pushing them into a position to play a major role at the company.

But if someone came to me and said they wanted to progress, they appreciate everything we did for them. They will work hard until notice is served and acted with respect then I would let them go with my blessing and hope they succeed in their new company. They would always be welcome there.

In my life not once have I ever seen someone do it Adams way.

He messed up, he was probably blinded by the money and the bad advice he was given. If he went about leaving in the right way as others have i.e Bale, Walcott, OX, Lambo etc then nobody would have blamed him or had a problem with him. If you go about forcing your way out of something and expect there to be no reaction from those you walked over to do it then you have to be pretty naïve in my opinion.

zzzzzzz

Get your cock out of his arse you melt.

And the old company which helped raise him and gave him the chance would welcome that person back with open arms?

In a way you are right, football is a business and people within those businesses want to be at the top. That is ambition and there is nothing wrong with that.

However it is the way you go about it. If someone said to me in my company they want to leave to a bigger firm and wont do anymore work for me while they are still being paid by me I don't think I would be too happy about that. Especially if it was one of my senior members who I had invested a lot of time and money pushing them into a position to play a major role at the company.

But if someone came to me and said they wanted to progress, they appreciate everything we did for them. They will work hard until notice is served and acted with respect then I would let them go with my blessing and hope they succeed in their new company. They would always be welcome there.

He messed up, he was probably blinded by the money and the bad advice he was given. If he went about leaving in the right way as others have i.e Bale, Walcott, OX, Lambo etc then nobody would have blamed him or had a problem with him. If you go about forcing your way out of something and expect there to be no reaction from those you walked over to do it then you have to be pretty naïve in my opinion.

Spot on.

OX didn't go about it in a good way as I recall putting stuff up on twitter pushing for his move and doing interviews to push for his move saying he's to good to be here or some rubbish, never understand why he gets such a good reception, people seem to forget the stuff he did.

OX didn't go about it in a good way as I recall putting stuff up on twitter pushing for his move and doing interviews to push for his move saying he's to good to be here or some rubbish, never understand why he gets such a good reception, people seem to forget the stuff he did.

I don't remember him doing that. I remember his dad doing things like that?

I do not remember any of that at all. Feel free to post something that indicates it though.

Eh? When did that happen?

zzzzzzz

It really doesn't relate directly to normal, day to day business like scenarios does it? Football is always going to me so much more emotive which is why so many people are attached to it. In addition, most people don't have opportunities to publicly swear allegiance to their "company" for the rest of their career only to do their utmost to leave a few months later.

I can't remember the exact details but I'm sure there was some stuff

trying to find some bits

found this article which references it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2017422/Arsenal-target-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-fined-Southampton.html

This was his comments he was fined for

'Southampton, and especially the fans, have been brilliant to me ever since I broke into the first team, now I feel I'm ready to play in the Premier League".

That doesn't quite suggest he was going on strike or whatever does it? The thing is at that time we were in league one. I think most people can understand wanting to play at the top level. To not say you want to play in the main league would be strange to me. It is a shame it was not with us but I don't recall him acting all selfish about it. We didn't let him go easily, we made it clear it was our terms and if they wanted him this is what they had to pay. £15m for a third division player was a pretty good deal I felt at the time. Of course to get him back would probably cost us double that now.

I think the intention behind that interview was to try and patch up some of the ill feeling towards him - how spectacularly that's backfired. Not taking anything away from him as a player during his time with us, he was truly superb and one of the main reasons why we are where we are today. However, that still doesn't change the fact that the way he left the club was appalling (although he does now acknowledge that) and some of the quotes in that article really do illustrate that the bloke doesn't have a clue.

"I'll take the boos and jeers as a sign that the fans are missing me playing there" - no, take it as a sign that we think you're a c*nt.

He does seem to still have some feelings for us ... so as somebody suggested on The Ugly Site, lets play with his mind and sing

"You're a Saint ... and you know you are"!!

Reckon it might work, and the bearded *** might think he's still actually dreaming of playing for Liverpool again!!

I wish somebody had asked the question ... if you are so keen on leaving to go to Liverpool .... why dont/didn't you put in an official transfer request?

The club didn't cover themselves in glory, but why should they react to what he was saying in the press and to them verbally, but never made it "öfficial" by putting in the transfer request?

A

zzzzzzz

Not just football fans. There's a fair number of players and staff who were unhappy with how we handled his exit. Fans may be pathetic. Lallana has also shown himself to be pretty pathetic hasn't he. He may deny he refused to play for the club but it wasn't the first time that was hinted at. Did he not threaten to strike when we were relegated from the Championship in an attempt to secure a move to a bigger club?

Whatever we say in here. Some will boo. Others will appreciate his contribution over the years. In my mind he's a bit of a knob but an undoubted talent. All I want is for him (and Liverpool) to have a bad day on Sunday.

I do often wonder why football is so disproportionately important in my life but take it as a good sign that can't get as worked up as many others about Lallana returning. Maybe I'm just more mature;-)

It's not just La la Land though is it? It's the whole package ...

The World Cup being tainted for me, by our 3 Eng squad members on the way out. What was going to be the bestest ever WC for me totally ruined by the rumours and squabbling going on.

The behaviour of, who in my mind is the one who should bear the brunt of our anger ... Brenda Rodgers. Conducting transfer gossip through the press, using Stevie G as a conduit to unsettle our players and een going to the extreme of beheading Lovren and holding it to ransom FFS.

La La not coming clean and just putting in a transfer request. Signing LFC shirt in front of press, post leaving saying he'd dreamt of playing for them whilst supposedly being our captain. The patronising Echo ad.

Brenda's petty no sympathy bertie big boll0x no ambition jibes.

Kevin Keegan's I'd really love it rant ... just doesn't even come close :scared:

I sincerely hope the players are focused on the job ahead, as it might be messy elsewhere!!

I don't get this either. Lallana's presence will ensure a better atmosphere than normal

I think the fear is that attention will get directed to the wrong place such as v QPR / Redkrap at SMS last year and at WHL v Poch Hotspurs this season.

Main difference is assuming he starts, AL will be centre of attention more often than managers on the bench. Just imagine if Brenda had a brain fart, or no option but to play Lovtren as well - there'll be nearly as much booing as a normal end of match scenario at Notarf Krap.

Lallana is more stupid than I gave him credit for .

His actions or lack of at the awards ceremony speaks volumes

He knew what he was doing when he wanted out . To say he doesn't read social media etc bollixs , why would he take out the advertisement in the echo

And the NVAM will no doubt have let him know how angry we as saints fans are

He knew what he was doing when he wanted out . To say he doesn't read social media etc bollixs , why would he take out the advertisement in the echo

Ouch .... I'd forgotten that haunted look at the Prize giving ... virtually wishing that he hadn't won each prize ... mind already made up, even if his head as still attached to his body!!

That was the night most of us knew he was off :(

He does seem to still have some feelings for us ... so as somebody suggested on The Ugly Site, lets play with his mind and sing

"You're a Saint ... and you know you are"!!

Reckon it might work, and the bearded *** might think he's still actually dreaming of playing for Liverpool again!!

I wish somebody had asked the question ... if you are so keen on leaving to go to Liverpool .... why dont/didn't you put in an official transfer request?

The club didn't cover themselves in glory, but why should they react to what he was saying in the press and to them verbally, but never made it "öfficial" by putting in the transfer request?

'Evening Eric. :)

If a player hands in a transfer request he doesn't get any loyalty bonus, signing-off fee, golden goodbye, whatever it's called.

'Evening Eric. :)

If a player hands in a transfer request he doesn't get any loyalty bonus, signing-off fee, golden goodbye, whatever it's called.

Exactly ... it's all about the money, money , money as the song goes!! He wanted his cake and to eat it all.

Why on earth should he get a "loyalty bonus" pay off 1 year into a 5 year contract? Who can blame the club for not bending over backwards to help the rat abandon ship!!

Presumably LFC offered a contract way in excess of what we did as well.

The bit I found hardest to accept was the signing of the Liverpool shirt pre-WC and when asked whether he was going to be at Anfield next season replying "I hope so". http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/young-fan-gets-england-midfielder-7212288#.U44pLlEjB9M.facebook

That coming from the captain of Southampton was hugely disrespectful to his employers and something he really shouldn't have done. Apart from that, he's just like any other football player who chase as much money as possible (which seems to be the biggest motivation in most people's lives these days).

Edited by angelman

zzzzzzz

You demonstrate a remarkable level of naivety for not realising that football players are a bit different from normal company employees and your expectations that football fans (fanatics) should behave in a particular way that meets with your approval are not realistic I'm afraid.

Undoubtedly Lallana did well for us for a sustained period of time, but any prospects of him achieving legend status were breached by the contemptuous way that he behaved when he left.

How people wish to react to his first appearance back at St Mary's is entirely up to them. You can tut tut all you like, but having paid their money to attend, people are entitled to express their feelings towards the players in whichever way they like.

Now that Lallana has expressed his feelings poorly once again by believing somehow that if we boo him, it is only because we miss him, should we not boo him to confirm that belief in his febrile imagination? Or should he cheer him instead to prove that we don't miss him at all?