Lallana reception?

robbie1717

Signing Liverpool shirts before he signed? Saying I hope so when someone asked if he was signing for Liverpool? Saying it was his dream the season before? That life changing comment out in Brazil? The newspaper ad? Saying he would note someone's hand off to stay at saints for the rest of his career? Remember he was our captain and "one of our own" and he acted like a total and utter cund. **** him.

Fully agree

Many of you lot sound just like bitter ex-girlfriends who can't get over being dumped. Some other 'contributions' go beyond that and are perfectly vile.

I too wish Adam hadn't gone and yes he might have handled this matter better. But sooner or later a mature man really should reach a stage in life where there's nothing left in the game of football that could possibly make him hate another Human Being to this ridiculous degree.

Now feel free to heap some of this excess bile so many of you seem to be suffering from onto me for daring to disagree with you lot - I doubt I'll even bother to read it and I'm certainly not going to engage in another pointless argument with people who are clearly incapable of thinking rationally on this bizarrely emotive subject.

Chapel Charlie in life honour and respect have to be earned, they are not granted as birth right. Adam earned that from us, the fans, but then gave it all away. If you think dumping is the right term for how he left us then I think abuse is the right term for what he's deserves when he steps out on OUR pitch. He's back in the girlfriend's manor, her family will abuse him!

Many of you lot sound just like bitter ex-girlfriends who can't get over being dumped. Some other 'contributions' go beyond that and are perfectly vile.

I too wish Adam hadn't gone and yes he might have handled this matter better. But sooner or later a mature man really should reach a stage in life where there's nothing left in the game of football that could possibly make him hate another Human Being to this ridiculous degree.

Now feel free to heap some of this excess bile so many of you seem to be suffering from onto me for daring to disagree with you lot - I doubt I'll even bother to read it and I'm certainly not going to engage in another pointless argument with people who are clearly incapable of thinking rationally on this bizarrely emotive subject.

Different people respond in different ways, even football players. Lambert demonstrated some considerable class in the way he left and nobody begrudged him for his desire to see out his career at the his boyhood club. Lambert will get no stick, on the contrary, he will probably receive warm applause if he plays.

Lallana would himself categorise Southampton pretty well as his boyhood club, but was either very badly advised about how he went about leaving, or more likely his reason was pure naked greed. That in itself is understandable, as most of us would have done the same thing if offered to double our salary, but what is unacceptable is the crass way he went about it. The dogs abuse he will get as a result is merely the other side of the coin whereby he received adulation as a fans' icon, so must expect derision from the same people who find that their idol has feet of clay.

For myself, I will not be booing him because I feel badly let down by him. I am consoled that he and the others have been replaced by better players. Giving him the bird for me will be much more to do with the entertainment value of seeing him have his eyes opened if he harbours any notion that he is still popular with those fans who chanted his name. He can be my very own pantomime villain, if you like.

what about you just accepting that others have a different view on things; you do your thing next Sunday and let others do theirs.

Different people respond in different ways, even football players. Lambert demonstrated some considerable class in the way he left and nobody begrudged him for his desire to see out his career at the his boyhood club. Lambert will get no stick, on the contrary, he will probably receive warm applause if he plays.

Lallana would himself categorise Southampton pretty well as his boyhood club, but was either very badly advised about how he went about leaving, or more likely his reason was pure naked greed. That in itself is understandable, as most of us would have done the same thing if offered to double our salary, but what is unacceptable is the crass way he went about it. The dogs abuse he will get as a result is merely the other side of the coin whereby he received adulation as a fans' icon, so must expect derision from the same people who find that their idol has feet of clay.

For myself, I will not be booing him because I feel badly let down by him. I am consoled that he and the others have been replaced by better players. Giving him the bird for me will be much more to do with the entertainment value of seeing him have his eyes opened if he harbours any notion that he is still popular with those fans who chanted his name. He can be my very own pantomime villain, if you like.

We haven't replaced Lallana and Lambert with better players.

I think Lallana and Lovren are utter c**ts and are deserving of stick, but don't make the atmosphere/day all about them. Equally, no need to go over board on cheering Lambert, he was a legend for us, but chose to leave and if he's involved next Sunday he'll be doing his best to pull our European hopes back a notch or two at the expense of the players that are actually playing for us.

What would be the sweetest two fingers up at Lallana, Lovren, Rodgers is 90mins of proper old school loud atmosphere, a Saints win, and the whole ground giving it WTFILN on the final whistle.

I usually agree with everything you write, but not on this occasion I am afraid.

I think Lallana and Lovren are utter c**ts and are deserving of stick, but don't make the atmosphere/day all about them. Equally, no need to go over board on cheering Lambert, he was a legend for us, but chose to leave and if he's involved next Sunday he'll be doing his best to pull our European hopes back a notch or two at the expense of the players that are actually playing for us.

What would be the sweetest two fingers up at Lallana, Lovren, Rodgers is 90mins of proper old school loud atmosphere, a Saints win, and the whole ground giving it WTFILN on the final whistle.

This just about sums it up.

Very good post. The last thing we need is that all of our focus is taken away from the importance of not losing/winning.

It will be galling if Al and Lovren can flick 2fingers at us at the final whistle. If we win their hopes of CL football will be harder to achieve. It could be Liverpools biggest game of the season, it is vital to them as it is to us

i think giving him the silent treatment will affect him more, his ego will love a bit of booing and will probably spur him on.

It is such a shame how his departure was handled by whoever advised him, terrible PR, but he was brilliant for us and stuck around when he could have gone a few years back. Boo and jeer him but expect him to up his game and probably score. If he does, his celebration will tell us all we need to know about how he feels about us.

I respect Lambert, he was a legend for us and he left in the best way possible, BUT, he made a mistake going to Liverpool. His career has gone backwards. I'm sure he doesn't care though, he's in his home town and he's on more money than he was here.

Lallana and the rest can just do one!

can anyone pull up the exact interview Lallana disrespected us in? was that the reason he took out a full page advert in the echo? i must have missed something- respect for sir Ricky and Lovren can go f**k himself...

He started pretty much every interview this with the words 'no disrespect to southampton but....'

Plus he screamed down the phone at Les Reed for an hour that he was leaving, he had to leave and if southampton didn't allow him he'd never play for us again.

Then his full page advert was a huge picture of himself with a couple of token lines at the bottom.

When Lallana makes his inevitable substitute appearance at SMS, rather than just generic booing which doesn't really signify anything (as let's face it most clubs do this for former players) and to the uninitiated watchers on tv would make us look spiteful and ungrateful, surely it would be better to bring back out the "there's only one Rickie Lambert" song for one final time. Hopefully that might make the guy realise there are certain ways to leave a club and still be considered a legend, rather than completely stuffing up a 10 year association by behaving like a **** at the end of it.

Any sign of Lovren meanwhile should of course be accompanied by raucous derisory laughter.

When Lallana makes his inevitable substitute appearance at SMS, rather than just generic booing which doesn't really signify anything (as let's face it most clubs do this for former players) and to the uninitiated watchers on tv would make us look spiteful and ungrateful, surely it would be better to bring back out the "there's only one Rickie Lambert" song for one final time. Hopefully that might make the guy realise there are certain ways to leave a club and still be considered a legend, rather than completely stuffing up a 10 year association by behaving like a **** at the end of it.

Any sign of Lovren meanwhile should of course be accompanied by raucous derisory laughter.

If you choose not to boo, I can understand that, but don't think there's any good reason for "One Rickie Lambert" or anything similar being sung on Sunday.

If you choose not to boo, I can understand that, but don't think there's any good reason for "One Rickie Lambert" or anything similar being sung on Sunday.

Not During The Game, But If He Acknowledges The Fans, Trudging Off The Field After 4-0 Demolition, I Would Be Ok With This :thumbup:

Annoyingly, although we would all love to see Lallana get all the abuse he deserves in some Galatasarayesque atmosphere, it's just not going to happen. There will be some booing when his name is read out and then the usual "w*nker, w*nker, w*nker" the first few times he touches the ball.

Could have all been so different had he handled the move better.

The lies (looking forward to meeting Koeman and talking to him was the main one that got me, and its on film too so he cant dispute it)

That three line b/s in the Echo with a **** off big "look at me" picture when a Lambert style letter would have been more suitable.

The signing of the Liverpool shirt during the World Cup and the "hope so" to playing for Liverpool when the kid asked him.

The "dreaming of playing in that team" when he was Captain of Southampton and playing against them.

I would also like to know what Matt Le Tiss knows about it that he referred to in a recent tweet, cos that obviously turned his view on Lallana around.

So for those reasons alone, yes i will boo the snivelling little badge kissing git for sure :lol:

Where did the les reed phone call crop up from? Les wouldn't have brought that out in the public domain and i very much doubt adam would have either....sounds a little bit wishy washy to me:?

The only bit about phone calls we know for certain is the Adam Blackmore tweets about nobody answering his calls I believe.

I think the fact that everybody who has left, with the exception of him and Lovren have had a decent write up on the OS when the transfer had gone through.

Given how long Lallana was here and that he was team captain that says more than a thousand words to me.

can anyone pull up the exact interview Lallana disrespected us in? was that the reason he took out a full page advert in the echo? i must have missed something- respect for sir Ricky and Lovren can go f**k himself...

have a read of that

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2676343/Adam-Lallanas-interview-completing-23m-Liverpool-move.html

The fact the club gave him a 2 line goodbye article unlike other players and he was forced to take out an advert in the Echo to try to grovel to the fans should be somewhat of an indicator of what the club thought about the way he went about forcing 'his' transfer.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/01072014-adam-lallana-joins-liverpool-1708952.aspx

Could have all been so different had he handled the move better.

The lies (looking forward to meeting Koeman and talking to him was the main one that got me, and its on film too so he cant dispute it)

This. On the back of the awards speech at the end of the season when he said he wanted to stay as long as we keep improving. Then, while away with England, he was asked (on tv again) if he had yet spoken to "your new manager, RK"? Looking shameful he said no, he had not, but cheerfully moved on to say that he had called MoPo to wish him all the best.

Both Lallana and Lovren deserve stick (while any acknowledgments for Lambert can wait till the end of the game).

Just hope we can do better than "Adam Lallana we fûçkîng hate you" sung ad nauseam for 90mins. Seems to be all we can muster these days.

This. On the back of the awards speech at the end of the season when he said he wanted to stay as long as we keep improving. Then, while away with England, he was asked (on tv again) if he had yet spoken to "your new manager, RK"? Looking shameful he said no, he had not, but cheerfully moved on to say that he had called MoPo to wish him all the best.

In those circumstances, I'm not sure how he could have given an honest response though?

Edited by Coxford_lou

Both Lallana and Lovren deserve stick (while any acknowledgments for Lambert can wait till the end of the game).

Just hope we can do better than "Adam Lallana we fûçkîng hate you" sung ad nauseam for 90mins. Seems to be all we can muster these days.

Well get writing a decent ditty then post up on here and get people to agree to sing it. Seeing as football chants are pretty much spur of the moment things it's hardly surprising most are a bit crap.

Lambert fkd off at first chance and represented LFC in the world cup. That psd me off more than the two twts that followed him.

That said it was last year since then things have moved on. They are opposition players and should be treated as such.

Those that can't wait to cheer one and boo the other should fk off to a pantomime , sad cnts.

What's your take on this FF? Serious question - not intended facetiously.

I don't think any player has left this club under such undignified and questionable circumstances, both in terms of what he said and did. Deserves to be roundly booed in my opinion. Lovren I would ignore, Lambert I would cheer.

Annoyingly, although we would all love to see Lallana get all the abuse he deserves in some Galatasarayesque atmosphere, it's just not going to happen. There will be some booing when his name is read out and then the usual "w*nker, w*nker, w*nker" the first few times he touches the ball.

You're right. As much as some of us would prefer St Mary's to resemble a bearpit, they'll be a bit of angst from the Northam, Kingsland and Itchen North while the rest of the stadium do their usual passive thing. Hopefully some of us keep the noise levels up, I'll be focusing on the team rather than their players tho.

Left under a bit of a cloud but never anything but 100% committed whenever he was on the pitch for us. I don't feel the need to hate somebody because they decide (after most of their life spent at the club) that they want to try to do something else. Disappointed yes, but it really doesn't warrant the hatred and bile we'll see on Sunday. He played a huge part in the most enjoyable time I've had supporting the side. Endless great performances, came through our ranks and a massive factor in why we rose through the leagues so rapidly.

Left under a bit of a cloud but never anything but 100% committed whenever he was on the pitch for us. I don't feel the need to hate somebody because they decide (after most of their life spent at the club) that they want to try to do something else. Disappointed yes, but it really doesn't warrant the hatred and bile we'll see on Sunday. He played a huge part in the most enjoyable time I've had supporting the side. Endless great performances, came through our ranks and a massive factor in why we rose through the leagues so rapidly.

Anyone who thinks that Adam will receive abuse because he decided he wanted to leave totally misunderstands the situation.

Will be interesting to see what the crowd does if Brenda decides to do a 70th minute double sub and bring on Lambert and Lallana at the same time..........

Actually that'd work out perfectly, they're done individually one after the other so it would show the contrast between how we feel about the two players.