Lallana reception?

robbie1717

He's probably thinking that his chances of Champions League Football next year are fading and wishes he stayed put. I hope he has a torrid time on his return. No one is bigger than the club and unfortunately for Adam he was beginning to believe his own hype. Good riddence that's what I think.

Well put in a nutshell. I will be over especially for the match and look forward to seeing him as a sub with the boos ringing over St Mary's. His ego won't to,erase the booing for sure.

Now that Lallana has expressed his feelings poorly once again by believing somehow that if we boo him, it is only because we miss him, should we not boo him to confirm that belief in his febrile imagination? Or should he cheer him instead to prove that we don't miss him at all?

Cunning plan from Lallana - we can't win! Now if someone can get that quote into a song, that would be perfect.

We booed cos you left

Now we cheer, you're not right

Adam Lallana

We don't miss you, you ****e!

Why would it be? People will boo him but also support the team. Odd that some seem to think you can't do both.

I don't get this either. Lallana's presence will ensure a better atmosphere than normal

Indeed. My plan is to boo the c**t whenever he gets the ball and cheer the Saints when he doesn't.

Am I oversimplifying? :)

Watched the Morgan 15 min interview. Gave quite a big up to Liellana over his role in keeping the team together in L1 etc. Said it was not up to him to tell fans how to react, but was clearly implying we should not boo him. That said, Morgan is very much looking forward to tackling him ;)

Mmmm, so he didn't threaten to go on strike to try and force through a move to wolves just after we got relegated.

Seems to have a short memory, trying to dig himself out of this hole he has made for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will always love Adz even though I hate seeing him in a Liverpool shirt and how he exited back in the Summer was wrong. But come on, look at what he did for us. He was sensational and although he will get a bad reception on Sunday, I will always be fond of him even if I hate telling myself that.

I believe him.

It makes me feel sad seeing pictures from last season, I loved that team. Seems a distant memory. I love our new team too, but Lallana and Ricky together - given the rise from League one, that was pretty special seeing them do well in the Premier League.

I will always love Adz even though I hate seeing him in a Liverpool shirt and how he exited back in the Summer was wrong. But come on, look at what he did for us. He was sensational and although he will get a bad reception on Sunday, I will always be fond of him even if I hate telling myself that.

I agree Genk. Still hope we sing some funny songs about him, though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

'Lallana is a talker.'

No kidding.

But this publicity, this emotion from him..... he's worried, he is very vain and very worried.

Edited by Colinjb

Morgan's description of it is how I perceived it - great player who did a massive amount for us, was clearly emotionally attached to the Club but felt he had to leave, didn't do it perfectly. I've only been watching SFC for 15 years but he's one of the best in that time.

Morgan's description of it is how I perceived it - great player who did a massive amount for us, was clearly emotionally attached to the Club but felt he had to leave, didn't do it perfectly. I've only been watching SFC for 15 years but he's one of the best in that time.

The way I see it there are two Lallanas, one before the last game of last season and one after. The way he applauded the whole crowd as he went off said it all, he had no intention of staying whatsoever.

When watching back highlights etc, just picture it as the "old" Lallana. The one who didn't get his head turned.

What sort of reception is everyone anticipating on Sunday?

Personally I think it'll be an awful one, doesn't deserve a good reception after the way he left. Clubs statement suggested all we need to know. No gallery or YouTube tribute either.

Thoughts? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

an obvious talking point I suppose, but cannot think why booing Lallana can be more important than cheering for Saints......(don't waste your breath).

Our former captain is a former player with a five year contact with another club. He left for " greener pastures " (exactly as Walcott, Bale, Ox...and Shaw)

The real question, at the end of their careers will be ....can all that money in the bank really replace that half of their career that they spent on the bench at " their new club? "

There is little doubt that... had they still been at SMS... all of their names would have been on the team sheet for every match.

Past is past. I'm more interested in seeing the development of new players, rather that the fate of the old ones who jumped ship for big money.

A win for Saints will be more than just three points, but a real condemnation (of the 3) for their decision to move on.

Suggest announcement of Lallana's name is greeted ..in complete silence.

Edited by david in sweden

Don't bother my friend, reading this thread is all the proof that anyone could possibly ask for that hatred (like love) is utterly irrational.

Lallana's Reception?

Maybe if someone had stuffed a satellite dish in his gob (or his rear end from which he also spouts much verbal sh!te) it would have been better.

I presume his latest .... "if they boo me, it is because they miss me" :mcinnes: was said with tongue very much tucked into his butt cheeks, or is he really that thick? :scared:

Thats ok, I could never compete for that title with you around anyway!

Honestly, whether we win lose or draw, it'll be out of my head within a few days, but I'd be chuckling to myself at the image of Lallana getting a 'wayward' elbow or something a long time after. That's me, stupid and immature!

3pts is all I care about in this one. I'll take a nervy 1 nil deflected own goal as long as we take those points.

Nothing else matters at this stage.

You can bet your house that Koeman is saying exactly this.

I couldn't gove a toss about any ex players. 3pts please. It will put Liverpool 7 points behind us. This will hurt that fraud Rodgers and his players far more than any hostile reception.

I'm not telling anyone how to act but just my take on the game. I say it once again... 3pts

The fact the rat feels the need to do interviews with the Daily mail and with Adam Blackmore to get his side out tells you everything you need to know about his mindset.

He knows he acted like a complete c***, and hopefully tomorrow we can win and Vic can smash him for good measure

Just watched the Schneiderlin interview. He spent quite a while talking about Lallana and they added a clip of him scoring. A slightly softer stance from the club?

I suspect Koeman is concerned that a negative atmosphere in the crowd (aimed at Lallana and co) could inadvertantly affect the concentration and focus of our own players, so my hunch is that this interview with Schneiderlin is a proactive and deliberate attempt to pour water on the flames. The fact they've used Morgan to get this message across is quite deliberate IMO as they are highlighting how the fans have treated one 'want away' player favourably (i.e. Morgan was worried he was going to be booed at the opening game of the season) compared to another player (Lallana) who will get a load of flak on Sunday.

A very calculated interview and a good move by the club IMO as any sustained abuse hurled at Lallana could easily be counterproductive.

Just a hunch.

I suspect Koeman is concerned that a negative atmosphere in the crowd (aimed at Lallana and co) could inadvertantly affect the concentration and focus of our own players, so my hunch is that this interview with Schneiderlin is a proactive and deliberate attempt to pour water on the flames. The fact they've used Morgan to get this message across is quite deliberate IMO as they are highlighting how the fans have treated one 'want away' player favourably (i.e. Morgan was worried he was going to be booed at the opening game of the season) compared to another player (Lallana) who will get a load of flak on Sunday.

A very calculated interview and a good move by the club IMO as any sustained abuse hurled at Lallana could easily be counterproductive.

Just a hunch.

I agree. Although it's probably a bit too late now!

I agree. Although it's probably a bit too late now!

Me too. It won't change anything. If the club wanted to try and change some fans minds they needed to do this a week ago. This thread has been going ages so it's given them plenty of time to judge the mood.

Me too. It won't change anything. If the club wanted to try and change some fans minds they needed to do this a week ago. This thread has been going ages so it's given them plenty of time to judge the mood.

Or just not done the one line story when he left. They fuelled the fire, I don't think anything will change minds after that.

The comparison between Morgan and Adam is a interesting one. Very clearly both wanted to leave last summer, but for one reason or another the club allowed only Adam accomplished that aim. In truth that is the only substantial different between them. Had Morgan won the 'Player of the Year' award last season instead of Adam (as he well might have) then perhaps he too would have said something he would later come to regret when put so very publicly 'on the spot' at that dinner ... please at least try to remember that these are young footballers we are talking about here not skilled liars - sorry I mean 'politicians'.

As for nonsensical criticisms re Adam visiting a Brazilian slum during the World Cup or attempting to communicate with Saints fans via the media, it seems to me that these are absolutely classic 'Catch 22' like situations - IE whatever he does he is bound to be taken out of context and adjudged to be wrong.

Adam refuses to talk to SFC fans or agree to go on a FA organised visit to the poor, well then he's obviously a arrogant Premier League SOB. Adam agrees to go to the Favela or attempt to communicate with us ... well he's obviously a patronising Premier League SOB then!

Cunning plan from Lallana - we can't win! Now if someone can get that quote into a song, that would be perfect.

We booed cos you left

Now we cheer, you're not right

Adam Lallana

We don't miss you, you ****e!

How about we sing a song to a different tune for once?