The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Must admit I'd not paid that much attention, but have they put non-ST seats on sale to members today as well? That would explain the queue, I guess...

Yup, apparently so. And yup, also explains the queue. Hadn't even noticed that!

Where did I say we were practically certain? At the time of the Arnhem draw, I said we had a very good chance of being seeded, despite the doom and gloom and then after the first leg of playoff results, said our chances were better than 50/50. Not quite the same, is it? :smug:

I'm on 53 pages of this thread, I'm not going back to find it. :D

Its hard to predict the expected attendance. Our APOEL game would properly have been soldout, if it hadn't been played in the middel of the summerholiday.

Calling Turkish to the main board...

Must admit I'd not paid that much attention, but have they put non-ST seats on sale to members today as well? That would explain the queue, I guess...

Yep. Thus I was keen to get on this morning - My ticket's obviously guaranteed as a ST holder, but wanted to secure a seat for my girlfriend as she's just a member. Was the same for the home Vitesse match.

it will be very interesting if we only get 500 tickets, take a fair few off that for officials / player comps as staff at the club always seem to get them, then allow for some tickets possibly being held back for an official travel package if the club decide to run one again - could just leave a couple of hundred for everyone else.

I think they'll be as rare as rocking horse droppings. ST + Vitesse A + 14 or more aways last season. And even that might not be enough.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I think they'll be as rare as rocking horse droppings. ST + Vitesse A + 14 or more aways last season. And even that might not be enough.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Or you can be a taxi driver who drives the players around and didn't go to Vitesse and know you're getting one already. :o

I have a membership and can't decide whether to buy a ticket before general sale or wait till general sale opens. I bought a ticket for the Vitesse game on the opening day of the ticket office, and due to the fact that the season ticket seats were already reserved the actual seats available to purchase as a member were very limited. When they went on general sale, and I assume after lots of season ticket holders didn't purchase their seat, there was a lot more choice of where to sit in the stadium.

So whilst the membership might enable to purchase the seats before they go on general sale, it is kind of stupid, because there are very few to pick from.

I am two minds whether to purchase now or not.

I assume this game might be more desirable than the Vitesse one, so maybe there will be more ST holders buyimg their own seat?!

it will be very interesting if we only get 500 tickets, take a fair few off that for officials / player comps as staff at the club always seem to get them, then allow for some tickets possibly being held back for an official travel package if the club decide to run one again - could just leave a couple of hundred for everyone else.

It might be a little more, i don't know the excact away-capacity when seats has been installed, but it's not alot more.

I am two minds whether to purchase now or not.

I assume this game might be more desirable than the Vitesse one, so maybe there will be more ST holders buyimg their own seat?!

Depends what you're after, really. If you just want to secure tickets to the match then gambling seems daft - especially when the view is decent from just about anywhere in the stadium.

If you want to sit in a specific block then yes, choices might be more limited. I wanted tickets together in Block 42 so had to move slightly back from my normal seat. Though even then, there's plenty of availability in Block 43 and 44 since we have most of the Northam for this match. It's only really the middle of Kingsland/Itchen with very restricted numbers of seats currently on sale.

Depends what you're after, really. If you just want to secure tickets to the match then gambling seems daft - especially when the view is decent from just about anywhere in the stadium.

If you want to sit in a specific block then yes, choices might be more limited. I wanted tickets together in Block 42 so had to move slightly back from my normal seat. Though even then, there's plenty of availability in Block 43 and 44 since we have most of the Northam for this match. It's only really the middle of Kingsland/Itchen with very restricted numbers of seats currently on sale.

Yeah that's the trouble, my folks have STs int eh Kingsland and it would have been good to get a couple of seats near them. I might look in the Northam though...cheers :)

Bought three earlier and discovered the same. I didn't realise it would be like this, but presumably they are holding back all ST holders' seats until Wednesday? Would probably make more sense (or at least better for members) to have it in three stages rather than two. Got tickets in the middle of the Kingsland (I'm quite fussy over view, even at SMS) but choices were extremely limited - in fact I've had to sit us together in a "column" rather than row! I didn't really fancy risking it until Wednesday, though.

Bought three earlier and discovered the same. I didn't realise it would be like this, but presumably they are holding back all ST holders' seats until Wednesday? Would probably make more sense (or at least better for members) to have it in three stages rather than two. Got tickets in the middle of the Kingsland (I'm quite fussy over view, even at SMS) but choices were extremely limited - in fact I've had to sit us together in a "column" rather than row! I didn't really fancy risking it until Wednesday, though.

Thursday morning at 9am is general sale.

I assume they thought all ST holders would wait to get theirs until after the members had piled into the site, but plenty of people have given reasons that wouldn't be the case.

Yeah that's the trouble, my folks have STs int eh Kingsland and it would have been good to get a couple of seats near them. I might look in the Northam though...cheers :)

My two ST seats in the Northam will be free on Thursday morning. (Block 41, Row CC) We're sitting elsewhere in the stadium with friends for this one.

One thing to note is that we have 5 away games directly after our Europa league group games should we reach that stage, only home one is against Man U Sept 20th

Well that's going to be a seriously expensive month and a bit then!

Tbf, 3 of those group matches are also at home...

true, but it still means we potentially have travelling to do after a 5 Thursday night games which leaves little time for players to recover of which 2 or 3 could be after returning from the continent

Midtjylland have just kicked off against AaB in the Danish Superliga.

I can't find any streams for the game but here's a link to the score and stats......

http://www.superliga.dk/no_cache/forside/alt-om-kampen/kamp/AAB-FCM-4.html?tx_selectedgame_pi1%5BtabId%5D=1

There's nothing on their website yet about ticketing. All we can do is wait and watch.

Anyone know anymore about the seven saints fans arrested on Thursday?

Charged? deported?

Last I saw was in the Echo on Saturday that said 2 had been released. http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/13583459.Fans_involved_in_fights_face_bans_after_Arnhem_trouble/

Just wondering about the other five?

At least one of them was on our flight back, they were the last to get on the plane and the wife heard him tell his mate he'd been released that morning.

Another bloke on the flight had clearly been in a discussion with a much bigger bloke's fist too from the look of his swollen face.

true, but it still means we potentially have travelling to do after a 5 Thursday night games which leaves little time for players to recover of which 2 or 3 could be after returning from the continent

It's fine, they're practically all matches against other European competing teams which means we'll either lose them as we probably would have done anyway, or if we lose to Midtjylland we'll be fresher than them.

At least one of them was on our flight back, they were the last to get on the plane and the wife heard him tell his mate he'd been released that morning.

Another bloke on the flight had clearly been in a discussion with a much bigger bloke's fist too from the look of his swollen face.

He might have got in the way of the horses, they went straight into the mix without warning! I was in the Korenmarket at the time, watched a group of lads strolling in trying to look hard as nails, no foam hands or anything, they looked English, saw a couple being bundled away by riot police although most were at the station after the game. The locals were blaming Feyenoord fans, I guess some saints just got caught up in it all.

I don't get why people go to such an effort for a punch up, much more fun getting sh*tfaced IMO.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/24359006/__Alle_vechters_Arnhem_weer_vrij__.html

ARNHEM -

All seventy fighters to the police in Arnhem on Thursday picked up again at liberty. The seven men were involved in a massive brawl that broke out at the Arnhem Korenmarkt, in the run-up to the football game between Vitesse and the British Southampton.

The four Britons police shortly before the big brawl arrested since Monday again at liberty. Two men aged 42 and 50 years were allowed to go home at the weekend. Two others of 20 and 21 years had to appear Monday before the investigating judge in Arnhem. Which left a man free and suspended the custody of the other man. This should later be accountable for abuse.

Most of the released rioters must report again for questioning and possible prosecution. Police have expected for weeks to need to find out which last week hit the flash in the pan.

When is the kick off for the home game ? rumour that its 6 oclock !

The times are fixed with only two options. I don't know what might change the 'as a rule' part. Don't forget that CET is one hour ahead of us so either 18:00 or 20:05. I expect TV all dominate, as usual.

Article 22 Venues and kick-off times

22.01 As a rule, matches in the UEFA Europa League kick off at 19.00CET or 21.05CET. The UEFA administration sets the kick-off times on the basis of the draw. Exceptions to this rule can be made by the UEFA administration.

Hello

Im a Danish FC Midtjylland fan, and i thought i would try to give you some insights in what to expect of this match/trip.

Travel:

If you are able to book a flight directly to Aarhus, that would properly be the prefered. Aarhus as a city is alot more exciting than Herning, and its only 1,5 hours away by train.

The 2nd best option would be to fly to Billund. The city of Billund is immensely boring, however it has Legoland (yay?). It takes ~2 hours by train to Herning..

I'm from Aarhus and fully agree ... you can get from London (Stansted) to either Billund or Aarhus with Ryanair for around £20 to £35 I believe.

Billund Airport is around 5 minute walk from Legoland, but the city itself is not worth a look ....

Aarhus is the 2nd largest city in Denmark and is as close as you can get to Herning by flight and/or train ... Aarhus (or Aros back then) was founded as a fortified Viking settlement in the early Viking age and later reinforced by Harald Bluetooth ... unfortunately you are a bit too late for this years Moesgaard Viking festival, which is Scandinavia’s oldest and largest of it's kind :

http://www.destinationviking.com/node/122

Though Moesgaard musem (a 20 minute bus ride from downtown Aarhus) itself is also worth a watch and right now has a special exhibition of China's Terracotta Warriors :

http://www.moesgaardmuseum.dk/en/

Aarhus has also been selected as European Capital of Culture in 2017 ... so you are a bit early for that event if you chose to visit... though, Aaarhus has the 'one of a kind' modern art museum ARoS, that is unusal in the way it makes you interact and do it's best to stir up emotions, not least in it's dark basement that contains a series of very dark rooms with installations and in the roof "Your Rainbow Panorama", but you really need to be there to feel it :

.... but if you are in a hurry, just passing through and and only have 30 minutes to spend, Aarhus also have a tiny small Viking musem in the very centre of the city, which actually is an excavation open to the public free of charge, but a bit hard to find if you do not know where to look, because of it's location, hidden in the basement of the Nordea Bank office :

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g189530-d243853-Reviews-Vikingemuseet-Aarhus_East_Jutland_Jutland.html

... then there will even be time to grab a pizza at Piccolina, which is the one of the most orignial slices of Italy you will find in Europe outside Italy itself, if you ask it's Italian visitors :

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g189530-d7706807-Reviews-Piccolina-Aarhus_East_Jutland_Jutland.html

Both skysports website and BBC have got it listed as a 6pm kick off :S

The times are fixed with only two options. I don't know what might change the 'as a rule' part. Don't forget that CET is one hour ahead of us so either 18:00 or 20:05. I expect TV all dominate, as usual.

Article 22 Venues and kick-off times

22.01 As a rule, matches in the UEFA Europa League kick off at 19.00CET or 21.05CET. The UEFA administration sets the kick-off times on the basis of the draw. Exceptions to this rule can be made by the UEFA administration.

That only applies to the group stages onwards. Clubs are free to set the kickoff time for qualifying games (which don't come under the jurisdiction of the various central broadcasting deals for the competition), hence the vast array of different times in the earlier rounds.

The UEFA website says the kickoff time is still TBD.

That only applies to the group stages onwards. Clubs are free to set the kickoff time for qualifying games (which don't come under the jurisdiction of the various central broadcasting deals for the competition), hence the vast array of different times in the earlier rounds.

The UEFA website says the kickoff time is still TBD.

Well spotted. So at the moment the club is selling tickets for a game which might start at any time?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})