Man U Post match give-away

Ohio Saint

Am I the only one miffed by the adulation Martial is getting?

I think he is pretty good

very quick, strong, good movement, and finished the only chances he had in the game

pretty scary that he is 19.....now, whether he keeps it up or not is another question

Just seen their 2nd goal for the first time since yesterday, obviously an idiotic moment from Yoshida, that goes without saying but Stekelenburg seems to accept it's a goal as soon as he goes in 1 on 1. He doesn't run out or anything.

probably because he's played with the bloke at Monaco and didn't rate his chances of pulling off a save overmuch.

I think that's going too far, our defence was dreaming at the time. Mata was ambling back towards the midldle of the pitch and so were our defenders. If Mata had been one step further on he would still have been picked out and the result would have been the same.

The problem was that our back four were not used to playing together in that formation and there were a lot of misunderstandings.

When you consider that they scored because Yoshida was only able to deflect the ball across his own area with a last-ditch tackle from the wrong side, I think it's fairly accurate to say the yard Mata was offside made all the difference. With Yoshida a yard nearer he gets his body across Mata.

Just seen their 2nd goal for the first time since yesterday, obviously an idiotic moment from Yoshida, that goes without saying but Stekelenburg seems to accept it's a goal as soon as he goes in 1 on 1. He doesn't run out or anything.

I love yoshida, but he always seems to be capable of an oopsy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

When you consider that they scored because Yoshida was only able to deflect the ball across his own area with a last-ditch tackle from the wrong side, I think it's fairly accurate to say the yard Mata was offside made all the difference. With Yoshida a yard nearer he gets his body across Mata.

...or Yoshida could have been a yard closer to his centre. Personally I would have preferred 3 or 4 yards nearer and a call to his team mates to get upfield quicker.

...or Yoshida could have been a yard closer to his centre. Personally I would have preferred 3 or 4 yards nearer and a call to his team mates to get upfield quicker.

Mata was offside so they didn't need to get out quicker, Yoshida probably isn't meant to be picking up the midfielder in a fairly central position in the box anyway - if anything a couple of times he was slightly too narrow due to gravitating to his usual position. Plus it was a transition, we cleared and Schneiderlin headed back in, that's always going to catch people slightly away from the ideal as they could be shaping to be in a position to receive a pass if we retain possession after the clearance.

Mata was offside so they didn't need to get out quicker, Yoshida probably isn't meant to be picking up the midfielder in a fairly central position in the box anyway - if anything a couple of times he was slightly too narrow due to gravitating to his usual position. Plus it was a transition, we cleared and Schneiderlin headed back in, that's always going to catch people slightly away from the ideal as they could be shaping to be in a position to receive a pass if we retain possession after the clearance.

That's my point. If they'd moved up quicker then it would have been more obvious that he was offside. It wasn't obvious at the time and nobody appealed or complained. They just weren't concerned about the threat, not because he was in an offside position, they just weren't on the ball. The fact is that Mata was halfway between our right back and central defender and in quite a bit of space. True he was offside, but too close to leave to chance or to an assistant ref with the sun in his eyes.

Who didnt challenge in the jump for the ball with Morgan? It looked to me it was Pelle which was surprising.The ball went between 2 Utd players , one who seemed to block our player to let the ball through for Mata

That's my point. If they'd moved up quicker then it would have been more obvious that he was offside. It wasn't obvious at the time and nobody appealed or complained. They just weren't concerned about the threat, not because he was in an offside position, they just weren't on the ball. The fact is that Mata was halfway between our right back and central defender and in quite a bit of space. True he was offside, but too close to leave to chance or to an assistant ref with the sun in his eyes.

Stekelenberg vaguely waved his hand in the air. Whether this was an appeal for offside or he was just practising his normal action for when the ball is heading towards the goal is unclear.