Man U Post match give-away

Ohio Saint

Respect your opinion but it wasn't for me. He did pretty much everything right just a couple of centimetres in it.

Pelle was the reason we were close to getting anything from the game.

No way was pelle chance a sitter. He got it out of his feet brilliantly and wasn't an easy chance. Pelle isn't the problem at all he's scored 4 in 6 from open play. Lambert had pens and free kicks. The decision to play yoshida was the main problem and the poor signings we have made IMO.

Pelle - in the last few minutes, chased the ball all the way back to our goal line (and conceded a corner). Maybe one might say he should have been up at the other end, but for me, top effort. Just a shame Vic's late shot didn't curl in. Poor half hour, poor passing.

This Martial chap. Took the second well, but can't help but think the media are going way over the top. A bit like they did with Januzaj - when he first hit the scene, he was saviour of Man Utd and also potential saviour of England (if we could persuade him to choose England to play for). Look at him now. Personally (and with of course a biased outlook) thought Pelle was better than him.

The strange thing is, I think Yoshida actually had a decent enough game overall. His individual mistake is evidence of why we cannot depend on him, because he has that in him potentailly every match. However, the general poor performance from 35 to 85 minutes was due to the entire team's lack of fitness, which leads to a lack of composure and shape.

If we play like we did in the first 45 we will win more often than not. Unfortunately when we play 'lesser' teams we seem to struggle to raise our game to that level.

Koeman did this wrong, Koeman did that wrong, etc, haha. Fact is, we dominated the first 30-35 *because* of his tactics/selection. Would some of the incessantly critical care to explain that to moi? Yoshida's awful error aside, he was actually okay. I mean, in spite of that error, I still thought he had a better game than Fonte, who was beyond appalling. He bred

nervousness and indecision, and his actions for their first (offside) goal were suicidal....at least Yoshida can claim to have had the sun in his eyes :p Seriously, even during the Yoshida implosion, he confused things. Yoshida is 100% culpable, of course, but Fonte, should've commanded that situation. It was just as easily his ball as it was Yoshida's - in fact, there's a moment when they're toing and froing about whose it is. At any rate, the two defensive mistakes (excluding the offside) were preposterous.

The joke is we made martial look good.

Their left side was there for the taking today, we scored two bloody goals ffs,but we tried to bulldoze are way through the middle.

Pelle won every thing and had some brilliant touches

Mane look very affective until he was pushed out wide

Tadic started well but faded

Meh typical Utd one offside goal one gifted goal

Victor looked good unlucky not to get a worldy at the end

Gosh I is not a bloody right back,What has cerdic done wrong ?

The strange thing is, I think Yoshida actually had a decent enough game overall. His individual mistake is evidence of why we cannot depend on him, because he has that in him potentailly every match. However, the general poor performance from 35 to 85 minutes was due to the entire team's lack of fitness, which leads to a lack of composure and shape.

If we play like we did in the first 45 we will win more often than not. Unfortunately when we play 'lesser' teams we seem to struggle to raise our game to that level.

Thank Christ, I was beginning to think I was the only one who thought this.

Strange game indeed.

We played well for about 40 minutes in total and were a tactical mess for most of it but, all that aside, we would have won without an individual howler and a great goalkeeping performance.

The fact that Man U will finish third or fourth shows how ****e the quality of the Premier League is again.

Yoshi is fine as back up but crazy he keeps getting in the team. So what if Cedric isn't perfect, he's so obviously the best right back we have.

Not sure about this. Koeman sees them training day-in, day-out and I'm concerned that we might have another Vergard Forren on our hands, where the manager/coaches just don't think he'll make it and have realised they've made a huge mistake signing him.

Cedric has looked poor and above all, weak and really not that quick in every non-Vitesse match we've played.

Whoever we put there, its a massive, massive weakness until we sign a new RB. Same with LB until Bertrand's back.

Koeman did this wrong, Koeman did that wrong, etc, haha. Fact is, we dominated the first 30-35 *because* of his tactics/selection. Would some of the incessantly critical care to explain that to moi? Yoshida's awful error aside, he was actually okay. I mean, in spite of that error, I still thought he had a better game than Fonte, who was beyond appalling. He bred

nervousness and indecision, and his actions for their first (offside) goal were suicidal....at least Yoshida can claim to have had the sun in his eyes :p Seriously, even during the Yoshida implosion, he confused things. Yoshida is 100% culpable, of course, but Fonte, should've commanded that situation. It was just as easily his ball as it was Yoshida's - in fact, there's a moment when they're toing and froing about whose it is. At any rate, the two defensive mistakes (excluding the offside) were preposterous.

I think there's some truth in this.

Fonte is well below his best so far this season.

There were a few occasions in the first half when Maya chose to turn and pass backwards instead of going forwards. It caught up with him eventually.

It is the first time I have arranged a game for about 2 seasons (except friendly at the start of season)

Things don't change. We never seem to win with Clattenberg, we didn't get the second goal that would have been fair considering our superiority.

We sat back and let them play, it all seemed to happen after they put in a couple of heavy tackles. Clattenberg didn't give a card and so they could carry on pulling and fouling without fear of being booked or sent off.

I thought Jwp was pretty good until Morgan hit him with a tackle near their box and he faded ( add to that Pelle giving him an ear bashing regarding his free kicks not aimed at him)

I was a bit surprised that after setting up the 2nd goal Sadio did not show any emotion or go and celebrate the goal (his head in Manchester?)

Targett coped well until he got injured.

Romeu taken off! Was he injured?

Why Tadic was not replaced As he faded badly after about 30minutes

Yoshida's back pass !!!

The save by De Gea was one of the best I have seen over the years. It was breathtaking from where I was sitting.

Van Dyke needs to work on his pace and strength of heading

Sadio and Pelle superb.

I was sat near Rodney Wallace and Glen Cockerill (neither cheered our goals)

The United fans good but I do think it's funny that when they sing ' only here to see Utd' they really put on a Manc accent.

We were bad today - from 30 minutes to 80 mins we were terrible - the players had no fight in them. Man Utd weren't great but they were better than us.

At times we completely failed to close them down and our work rate was terrible for most of the game.

I don't really understand why we played Yoshida and not Cedric at right back - Man Utd were there to be attacked so why not play an attacking full back.

Yoshida wasn't great at right back but Fonte had a bad game as well - and he did give Yoshida the shout to pass the ball back to Stekelenburg so let's not crucify Yoshida for that.

Van Dijk didn't look great - he was OK but that was about it.

I had convinced myself that although our First 11 was worse than last season - or the season before - we had more strength in depth - well today removed me of that delusion. What was the point in brining on Shane Long or Cuco Martina - they are just not good enough - and if they are preferred to Juanmi and Cedric what does that say about the squad.

Swansea are a better team than Man Utd so I am worried about next Saturday.

At this rate we are looking at a bottom half finish - 2 wins in the last 12 league games and we could even beat Newcastle

Easy to heap blame on Yoshida for his calamitous back pass, but he should never have been asked to play RB from the start of the game. The things that stood out today were - Pelle is a damn good striker when he gets service. Mane is wasted when pushed out wide. VVD has some way to go before he's established in the Prem. Yes, JWP provided a good cross for Mane to nearly complete and Pelle to finish off, but otherwise was ineffective and didn't influence the game, and the more we wait round for him to deliver something of substance week in week out, the closer we will sink to the foot of the table. We looked better when he went off and Davis came on.

How tadic plays week in and week out God only knows. We let puncheon go for him..... What a good decision that was. He loves himself

We had Puncheon on loan at Palace a year before Tadic signed, and he was a permanent Palace player more than six months before Koeman and Tadic even knew where Southampton was.

Maya can defend but he can't pass - either forward or backwards. And I wont even start on the great imposter Tadic - a waste of space if I ever saw one.

I silly respect you're views but no way tadic was bad today. He's getting his form back and is worth his place at mo. Wasn't the problem today at all.

How many shots did they have on target? I barely remember Steklenberg making a save whereas De Gea pulled off qute a few.

Surrendering possession after 30 minutes lost us that game. Suddenly we sat back when we'd been largely taking the game to them and causing problems.

All the idiots that left early though. Seriously have a look at yourselves. The chap behind us left as soon as their 3rd went in saying "I've had enough of this" then with 10 minutes to go people were streaming towards the exits from every block. Fucking twats the lot of them.

I apologise for being one of the idiotic ***ats who left early, but thanks to the Kick-off time, my last train to get home tonight left at 18:15. I still have 3 hours to go. Yes, I hate leaving early but sometimes there's not much choice.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

What did he do? Serious question.

He forced Van Gaal to sub Darmian at half time. In fact in all the periods during the game when we played well he was heavily involved. When we sat back and let them dictate play he, like the rest of our team, did little.

Yeah, ok, there's always going to be a few people who really have to leave early. But there were thousands heading for the exits until we scored the second when they scurried back from the concorse.

There's more than some truth in the "you've only come to see United" chant.

Remember the training thing being used to defend a few strikers at clubs who were apparently gresr finishers in training. I mean why does it matter? Only matches matter, I'm sure MLT was **** in training. Cedric doesn't seem unfit or lacking effort, and in matches he's performed way beyond yoshi and martina at RB. Like several players he needs a good run of starts to adapt and improve but we keep messing around with it.

is there anyone who wouldn't say our best back 4 is Bertrand fonte VVD cedric?

True other than le tissier was brilliant at training. Used to stay on longer than everyone in his peak years.

People who continually write off Tadic despite the fact he is one of the few players who can actually beat his man and create chances probably love Shane Long and once idolised Brett Ormerod for their endless running.

Not saying there isn't a time and a place for the latter type, and I can understand the frustration at times with Tadic, but to label him a "waste of space" seems pretty bizarre to me - seems like some people are sitting on their hands just waiting for a sub-par performance so they can criticise, but don't give the same treatment to all the players.

LVG said they brought Darmian off and Valencia on purely to reduce the influence Tadic was having.

When he is playing well we definitely create more and the last three games he has looked more like his best. Obviously faded second half but so did most of the team.

Fair enough if you don't rate him but you can't say he is crap every week and expect people not to read it with a pinch of salt.

Quotes:

"He gives too much space on [Dusan] Tadic in my opinion and Tadic was the most dangerous man,” he said. “That is why I have changed him and Valencia did very well. I didn’t see Tadic in the second half.”

Edited by Saint Charlie

Mostly, this thread reminds me why I go and watch games for myself rather than pay too much attention to the internet.

Many thanks.

This- many feel a loss to Man United is disgraceful, when in reality, they will finish top 4 with their £250m squad.

Yes, the manner of loss was disappointing, but it is what is is.

Only query I have with Koeman is 'why didn't Cedric play?'

Onwards and upwards. We are one win away from being in the mix again- all it takes is a half decent run and this whole place is lifted :p

Remember the training thing being used to defend a few strikers at clubs who were apparently gresr finishers in training. I mean why does it matter? Only matches matter, I'm sure MLT was **** in training. Cedric doesn't seem unfit or lacking effort, and in matches he's performed way beyond yoshi and martina at RB. Like several players he needs a good run of starts to adapt and improve but we keep messing around with it.

is there anyone who wouldn't say our best back 4 is Bertrand fonte VVD cedric?

I agree that this is our best back 4. Maybe not today though. I think Cedric needs to bulk up and get fitter. With him and Bertrand firing properly that will be a top back 4.

Lots of nerves at the back today, even when we were on top during the first 25 mins. No stats for this season yet, but last season we were 4th in the table for passing back to the keeper, and I'd be surprised if we weren't up there again this season. Bearing in mind that neither Yoshida nor Fonte can pass, it's always struck me as an odd aspect of our tactics.

Lots of nerves at the back today, even when we were on top during the first 25 mins. No stats for this season yet, but last season we were 4th in the table for passing back to the keeper, and I'd be surprised if we weren't up there again this season. Bearing in mind that neither Yoshida nor Fonte can pass, it's always struck me as an odd aspect of our tactics.

90% rubbish.

Lets have a look at it shall we." Lots of nerves at the back today"- According to who? You? humph. We were "4th in the table for passing back to the keeper". Now there's a fact. Well done. Where the hell were you sad enough to find that? Do we get a trophy? If we come first are we safe from relegation? Oh the shame if we come 3rd this year.

"Neither Yoshida nor Fonte can pass"- really? Neither of them are perfect but those two there are our captain and a loyal player. I would rather give them the benefit of the doubt than you.

And what the hell do you know about tactics? I'm hardly convinced that you watch or know anything about football.

Lets have a look at it shall we." Lots of nerves at the back today"- According to who? You? humph. We were "4th in the table for passing back to the keeper". Now there's a fact. Well done. Where the hell were you sad enough to find that? Do we get a trophy? If we come first are we safe from relegation? Oh the shame if we come 3rd this year.

"Neither Yoshida nor Fonte can pass"- really? Neither of them are perfect but those two there are our captain and a loyal player. I would rather give them the benefit of the doubt than you.

And what the hell do you know about tactics? I'm hardly convinced that you watch or know anything about football.

Bless.