ADAM LALLANA: "I didn't want to be Southampton captain"

rickylambert

Yes I agree I was going to add something like that but could not remember in detail what happened but I think I would be upset if I left somewhere to better myself after putting a lot of effort into the success which was achieved to receive a great deal of hate and vitriol without thinking of the other person's point of view.

Liverpool v Spurs it is a shame both cannot lose

Agreed !.....but in the end you might say they did both LOSE two points.

This is embarrassing. He just comes across as a faye little 13 year old with a man crush.

In comparison to the jilted jinnies on here he looks like a man. Starting to look like a ring of groomers that can't get over rejection.

And that is truly fkn embarrassing.

Didn't think it was a bad comment from him, he was very young and still pretty raw when he became captain and the idea he had to chat with the chairman after every game is just plain bizarre! All he says in that article is he didn't really want the pressure and responsibility he wanted to focus on his own performances. Still some will read everything he says in a negative light, still think the way he acted when leaving us sucked but really don't get the level of hatred people seem to harbour!

I honestly want to like Adam Lallana. He was a great player for us, but genuinely disappointing how he's acted towards Saints, since summer of 2014.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3760435/Adam-Lallana-loves-Liverpool-Jurgen-Klopp-admits-wanted-Spurs-mate-Mauricio-Pochettino-win-Premier-League.html

You're really souping this up. All he said there is "At that time, I didn’t want to be captain. I was 24."

In the context, what is wrong with that?

Get over it. She's moved on.

No disputing Lallana is a decent footballer, but his self PR is awful and shows him to be a narcisstic ***** willing to dump on anyone at any given opportunity to promote his own interests. I refer more to the way he talks about Klopp and infers MP is better man manager, as opposed to his Saints comments which just show him to look a bit weak as already mentioned and seems a poor attempt to claw back some sympathy after the way he behaved upon exit.

I heard an interview before the England game where he spoke very intelligently and articulately, and had a good game. This doesn't stop him being a bit of a d1ck, but he's a cut above the average english footballer in respect of intelligence.

All MP's fault, he deliberately 'mentored' him into an arsehole. Actually, looking back, it was a blessing in disguise losing all the ******s from the club. (or at least replacing them with players we can pretend aren't ******s until they move to Liverpool and become ******s again)

“We don’t want to be judged by our young, handsome, good-looking players,” said Pochettino. “We just want what’s fair. We can be a-------- as well"

All MP's fault, he deliberately 'mentored' him into an arsehole. Actually, looking back, it was a blessing in disguise losing all the ******s from the club. (or at least replacing them with players we can pretend aren't ******s until they move to Liverpool and become ******s again)

“We don’t want to be judged by our young, handsome, good-looking players,” said Pochettino. “We just want what’s fair. We can be a-------- as well"

How bloody prophetic was that... :lol: