Everton v Saints Match Thread

St Chalet

Jrods now missed a hat trick of chances , I blame Redmond & Puel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were short of quality forwards before the start of the season when Puel announced he was happy with his squad so yes, he has to shoulder some element of that even before discussing the wider issues. Unfortunately I think you'll soon be needing a new line to 'we are 9th and in the semi-finals of the cup'.

9 goals conceded in three games, 2 scored and next to no chances created. We will be well and truly drawn into the relegation battle. Decisive action required now.

Agreed. We need a quality striker brought in. The silver lining from this Christmas from hell is that maybe it has woken Reed up to what's been bleeding obvious to all of us for months.

I'm firmly in the Puel out section now. His tactics are so negative it's unreal and the board can **** themselves as well. Going into the season with the strikers we've got was a really bad move.

Tactics are the root cause of all of this. Even if we had won this 1-0 I wouldn't be happy with Puel. His tactics are awful and the football we are producing is awful. Playing not to lose and then letting in three cheap goals, tactical genius.

This is a very good and worrying point but if he can`t get them to do the opposite what can we do.... too many players are way out of form

We are 10th and in a semi final....oh and Sturridge is limping !!! Do you see Claude turning this around?

Who is actually worth picking right now?

It's not easy to tell after what Puel has done through his exsessive rotation. However, we do have a best 1X and Puel should know it and start selecting it week in week out or we are going to continue to field teams that look like a bunch of strangers thrown together.

Decent players at the club and not at the club won't want to play this turgid football.

Football not especially turgid today. We just look like a very average team playing without confidence. That as is a terrible combination.

Les Reed will sell them anyway. He's sold the attack. Now, he'll sell the defence. Until Reed goes, there's not much any manager will be able to do as the squad is only going to get progressively weaker.

But we sell players because we have improved them to the point that better teams want them so there is no logic to your comment.

We are 10th and in a semi final....oh and Sturridge is limping !!! Do you see Claude turning this around?

Sadly, no. Nothing I've seen so far this season gives me any confidence whatsoever in Puel's ability to turn things around. He seems woefully out of his depth in the PL and too many of our players appear to be regressing under him.

Tactics are the root cause of all of this. Even if we had won this 1-0 I wouldn't be happy with Puel. His tactics are awful and the football we are producing is awful. Playing not to lose and then letting in three cheap goals, tactical genius.

Ridiculous statement. There was nothing wrong with the tactics - we were playing fine until we conceded. Then the players went into meltdown mode.

It's not easy to tell after what Puel has done through his exsessive rotation. However, we do have a best 1X and Puel should know it and start selecting it week in week out or we are going to continue to field teams that look like a bunch of strangers thrown together.

Agreed. However I don't see eleven players in any sort of form. We are going to have to grit a few games out like we did last season when we went five at the back. No goals though mean we have major problems.

Ridiculous statement. There was nothing wrong with the tactics - we were playing fine until we conceded. Then the players went into meltdown mode.

yes there was. we offered very little in attack.

we did well for 70 mins or so in limiting them. The we just looked so unfit and they trampled on us fairly easily