Our potential team next season in the Championship

Dazza82

Well who stays who goes?

McCarthy

New Rb Stephens Hoedt Targett

Jwp Højbjerg New Cm Mqueen

Gallagher Olomula

Can see both Cedric and Bertrand leaving for Man Utd, Lemina will be off abroad, Romeu would suit Arsenal for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well who stays who goes?

McCarthy

New Rb Stephens Hoedt Targett

Jwp Højbjerg New Cm Mqueen

Gallagher Olomula

Hoedt, Ward-Prowse and Hojbjerg would all likely attract a top flight bid.

It doesn't look like Olomola will be at Saints regardless of us staying up or not, let alone in the starting XI.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Think it may well look like the following;

-----------------------McCarthy------------------------

-New RB----Stephens-----Yoshida------McQueen----

--Sims--------JWP---------Hojbjerg-----Redmond----

-------------Gallagher-----Austin-----------------------

Think one of McQueen and Targett may well leave, both too good to be Championship substitutes and will attract bids. Redmond will do at Championship level. I just have a feeling we could convince Austin, JWP and Hojbjerg to stay for one season in the Championship. Team is talented but low on height and strength so I think we could do with looking at a couple of central players with Championship experience to add those options. Only position significantly lacking will be right back, Valery may be this player eventually but imagine he will be a sub for the time being.

Potential Subs;

Forster (Think we are stuck with him, cant see a Prem team will take him on and I dont think he is good enough for a Championship first XI now)

Targett

Valery

Bednarek

Davis (Think we will be his best option and he could be a good leader in the Championship, maybe not first choice though)

Reed

Hesketh

Seagar

Olomola

Other youth players available, but I'm not sure they will make the regular step up next season.

Main signings;

1) First choice RB

2) Commanding CB to compete with JS/MY/JB

3) Commanding CM to compete with JWP/PEH/HR

4) Promising forward to compete with CA/SG/RS/OO

Out;

Cedric

Hoedt

Long

Tadic

Romeu

Lemina

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Bertrand

Gardos

Pied (end of contract, otherwise id say he could do a job in the Champ)

Taylor

Clasie

Poss one of McQueen / Targett

Think it may well look like the following;

-----------------------McCarthy------------------------

-New RB----Stephens-----Yoshida------McQueen----

--Sims--------JWP---------Hojbjerg-----Redmond----

-------------Gallagher-----Austin-----------------------

Think one of McQueen and Targett may well leave, both too good to be Championship substitutes and will attract bids. Redmond will do at Championship level. I just have a feeling we could convince Austin, JWP and Hojbjerg to stay for one season in the Championship. Team is talented but low on height and strength so I think we could do with looking at a couple of central players with Championship experience to add those options. Only position significantly lacking will be right back, Valery may be this player eventually but imagine he will be a sub for the time being.

Potential Subs;

Forster (Think we are stuck with him, cant see a Prem team will take him on and I dont think he is good enough for a Championship first XI now)

Targett

Valery

Bednarek

Davis (Think we will be his best option and he could be a good leader in the Championship, maybe not first choice though)

Reed

Hesketh

Seagar

Olomola

Other youth players available, but I'm not sure they will make the regular step up next season.

Main signings;

1) First choice RB

2) Commanding CB to compete with JS/MY/JB

3) Commanding CM to compete with JWP/PEH/HR

4) Promising forward to compete with CA/SG/RS/OO

Out;

Cedric

Hoedt

Long

Tadic

Romeu

Lemina

Boufal

Gabbiadini

Bertrand

Gardos

Pied (end of contract, otherwise id say he could do a job in the Champ)

Taylor

Clasie

Poss one of McQueen / Targett

Add Carillo to out.

So for me it's 3 buckets. bucket 1 would leave, bucket 2 would stay as they are not good enough for Prem / cheaper equivalent options, bucket 3 would be capable for the Champ

1) Players who Prem/bigger teams would want - Boufal, Tadic, Gabiaddini, Lemina, Austin, Bertrand, Cedric, JWP, Romeu (probably get c £130m for that lot so Gao will be able to clear his debts)

2) Players we'd like to get rid of (high wages / lower ability) but nobody would want - Davis, Long, Forster, Claise, Hoet, Redmond, Carillo (before anyone starts - this assumes he has no effect on our team hence why we are going down and MoPe is fired, if he proves capable then hopefully we'll stay up anyway). Gardos, Pied and Taylor would be in this bucket but I'm assuming their contracts will not be renewed (although with our lot who knows)

3) Everyone else - including loanee returns

So with that we would be looking at something like the below - so we would pretty much need to replace our flanks

McCarthy

New/Valery Stephens Hoet McQueen

Redmond Davis Hoijberg Simms/New

Carillo Long

Subs from: Targett, Forster, Yoshi, Bedenark, Gallagher, Reed, Claise, other nippers

The fact there are so many players in bucket 1 speaks volumes for how much we have messed this up....Also wouldn't be surprised if Stephens is targeted if he keeps playing / scoring

I'm starting to think that our manager has been instructed to make silly tactical decisions and make relegation a reality. Feed the fans with rubbish about promising incoming signings.

We get relegated owner gets dosh back we sell all the high wage players. Reed gets a bonus.... makes sense :)

Decent for a second/third striker: Carillo ought to be good for 20 a season.

Long, Austin, Carillo and Gallagher we would be well equipped at that level.

When you think that, with a relatively strong line up, we were well beaten by a second string Wolves team and just about scraped through away to Fulham, whoever takes over form Perry Grino will need to bring in a fair few loan, freebies and Championship type players to compete next season.

Almost all our first team squad will go apart from the likes of McCarthy, Pied, Stevens, Targett, McQueen, Sims, Hesketh, Berdanek, Gardos (!!!!), Gallagher, possibly Austin and Long on the basis that they either wont attract decent bids from other Prem clubs or their agent wont be able to match their wages elsewhere, even on a reduced wedge, in the Championship.

All other players will have a reasonable transfer value (albeit reduced due to their displays this season) and are unlikely to accept less wages (presuming that Les and Co had the sense to insert relegation clauses in contracts)

I know fans have got weirdly negative about our players but how does anyone think JWP would be with us in the championship? Not a chance in hell.
Was thinking he has been here a while and would be loyal and give us at least 1 season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk