Why are the fans predominantly in the Chapel stand?

saint lard

Am I right I thinking that the fans were in the Chapel/kingsland stands today?

Why not put them in the Itchen? Atleast that would show on TV.If not some in the Northam. 
watching Palace they have put them behind the goal that they usually have good support from. 
I know it is maybe different people in the seats but surely it would add a slight physiological advantage.

Edited by saint lard

1 hour ago, saint lard said:

Am I right I thinking that the fans were in the Chapel stand today?

Why not put them in the Itchen? Atleast that would show on TV.If not some in the Northam. 
watching Palace they have put them behind the goal that they usually have good support from. 
I know it is maybe different people in the seats but surely it would add a slight physiological advantage.

With no away fans, and people not necessarily sitting in their "usual" seats, there is absolutely no difference between putting fans in the Chapel or Northam.

My guess its partly to help ease congestion in/around the railway bridge after the game.

40 minutes ago, Behind Enemy Lines said:

Keeping the fans away from the players warming up?

Seeing players running to the fans after scoring and being so close whilst shouting/cheering at high volume seems a bit silly too?! Especially as many weren’t wearing their masks properly. 

You were sat outside and the players were at least 10m away. There was literally zero risk of anything being transmitted. 

The atmosphere came over really well on tv, for a minute I thought they were adding fake noise again, well done to all who were there, definitely an ' I was there' moment and Ralph seemed to get a bit emotional from the connection with fans. 

Strange thing is other than the 62 "every game " club all the fans will change for the Man City game next week so a challenge is to keep it up. 

From the fans who I know in attendance today general consensus was good albeit bit surreal experience. Sounds like the plan is to just use the Kingsland stand for now. 

Problem with the Itchen is that because of the tunnel and all the other corporate and admin facilities that side of the stadium, the concourse is relatively small. The Kingsland concourse stretches the entire length of the stand, so it's very easy for people to keep a distance.

13 hours ago, stevegrant said:

Problem with the Itchen is that because of the tunnel and all the other corporate and admin facilities that side of the stadium, the concourse is relatively small. The Kingsland concourse stretches the entire length of the stand, so it's very easy for people to keep a distance.

Similar logic with the space outside the stadium as well.

They made use of the external space between Kingsland and railway line for ticket check, id check, temperature check and catering, as well as associated queues, with the exit gates left open for entry to the stadium itself.  Would be a lot harder to replicate in the Itchen.