Ethics and Principles

whelk

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I was looking at Agadir a couple of years back, but someone told me it’s full of Russians. Having spent time in Kos with them, it was a no from me. Are there a lot of them there. 

Quite a few where we stayed but they kept themselves to themselves. Out and about we didn't see many. It was a nice place, we'd go back. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I was looking at Agadir a couple of years back, but someone told me it’s full of Russians. Having spent time in Kos with them, it was a no from me. Are there a lot of them there. 

If there were any we didn’t notice them. Generally a nice place. The worst place for Russians was Egypt. Loads of them all rude. What with them, the vile English and the local Egyptians it was awful, wouldn’t go near the place again. 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

If there were any we didn’t notice them. Generally a nice place. The worst place for Russians was Egypt. Loads of them all rude. What with them, the vile English and the local Egyptians it was awful, wouldn’t go near the place again. 

Agree with that, went to Sharm in 2009, back before the Arab Spring and Sinai airliner bombing. Luckily, the ones in our hotel weren't that bad but when we went out into town and all the bars... f**k me.

I’ve never seen the appeal of Dubai, it’s just a bunch shiney soulless buildings in a desert. If nice hotels in a hot country are your thing then there’s a long list of nicer places I can think of with more interesting culture and without the religious/human rights issues. 

2 hours ago, aintforever said:

I’ve never seen the appeal of Dubai, it’s just a bunch shiney soulless buildings in a desert. If nice hotels in a hot country are your thing then there’s a long list of nicer places I can think of with more interesting culture and without the religious/human rights issues. 

We’ve had a stopover there on two occasions. It’s ok and interesting for a couple of nights but I wouldn’t hang around there for more than two or three when there are other places to go and explore.

This thread reminds me of those reality tv programmes called something like "wives of new york" (or wherever). I've never watched them but they look really hideous and pathetic. No class, plenty of brass (to roughly coin a British saying). I imagine they are the sort of people who like places like Las Vegas and Dubai. Lately I've been watching University Challenge on YT. Those are the sort of people who appear interesting.

• 7 months later...
21 minutes ago, whelk said:

So be honest would you be happy if It was Saints instead of Newcastle?

I like to think I wouldn’t want their blood money but there is blood money everywhere 

Well we're currently owned by a bloke so dodgy they had to find a loophole for him to pass the FPPT and he's not got a pot to piss in so why not take the cash of another bunch of scumbags, at the very least they might end all this rainbow nonsense every week

I would like to be owned by someone with an interest in the welfare of Southampton and Southampton FC and not just someone who wants to make money from it.  I know that's a big ask when we're talking about a multi-million pound, high profile organisation but I was disappointed when we ended up with a Chinese owner who had probably never been to the city.  If they happen to be honest and not linked to murders etc, even better.  

• 1 year later...