2021/22 Fixtures

Wurzel

Challenge this year is to be better than 3 other teams. 

start to build some defensive nous….it’s called coaching Hope we get some coaches in  

have a plan B that means we are not exhausted by minute 45

stop passing sideways and backwards. stop passing back to our keeper when attacking …

take our chances when they come

simple game really

12 hours ago, qwertyell said:

Not the best run in - 5 defeats in the final 8, minimum.

Apr 2 Leeds United (a)
Apr 9 Chelsea (h)
Apr 16 Arsenal (h)
Apr 23 Brighton & Hove Albion (a)
Apr 30 Crystal Palace (h)
May 7 Brentford (a)
May 15 Liverpool (h)
May 22 Leicester City (a)

That Brighton, Palace, Brentford triple header will be make or break.

How do you work that out? The same fixtures last season we won 3, drew 1 and lost 3. Plus our record against promoted sides has been decent in recent years. 

10 hours ago, woodsaint1 said:

How do you work that out? The same fixtures last season we won 3, drew 1 and lost 3. Plus our record against promoted sides has been decent in recent years. 

... plus you never know if you'll be playing on-the-beach versions of Liverpool and Leicester at that time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’m not trying to be doom or gloom or anything, but it’s usually around this time we do a ‘predict the first 7 fixtures’ kinda thing.

Aug 14 Everton (a)
Aug 21 Manchester United (h)
Aug 28 Newcastle United (a)
Sep 11 West Ham United (h)
Sep 18 Manchester City (a)
Sep 25 Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)
Oct 2 Chelsea (a)

Anyone else look at the above and think we could be on 1/2 points after the first 7 games?

Historically, we are awful at Goodison Park and up at Newcastle*, and United/City will be difficult.

I think WHU will be tough and that 3-0 on the last day left a sour taste, but we could beat Wolves although they beat us last season at SMS.

That then follows with Chelsea away who could still yet add Lukaku who does well against us.

With little time for a new striker to bed in too I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned. 

*MLG don’t give your nonsense about why past results shouldn’t impact a fixture today

3 minutes ago, nta786 said:

I’m not trying to be doom or gloom or anything, but it’s usually around this time we do a ‘predict the first 7 fixtures’ kinda thing.

Aug 14 Everton (a)
Oct 2 Chelsea (a)

Anyone else look at the above and think we could be on 1/2 points after the first 7 games?

Historically, we are awful at Goodison Park and up at Newcastle*, and United/City will be difficult.

I think WHU will be tough and that 3-0 on the last day left a sour taste, but we could beat Wolves although they beat us last season at SMS.

That then follows with Chelsea away who could still yet add Lukaku who does well against us.

With little time for a new striker to bed in too I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned. 

*MLG don’t give your nonsense about why past results shouldn’t impact a fixture today

I think it's very possible to be on zero points. 

I hope we have signed 3 or 4 decent players before the season starts of course but wouldn't be surprised if we lost them all. 

With the certain bed-wetting that will go on, on this site, the mattress sellers of Hampshire will be rubbing their hands together in glee.

I predict Jack Stephens, Redmond, Ralph and either of the two goalkeepers will come in for some serious stick on here if we haven't got maximum points from those opening fixtures. (I couldn't find a bed wetting emoji).🤣

8 hours ago, nta786 said:

Aug 14 Everton (a)
Oct 2 Chelsea (a)

Comfortably bottom 3 (probably bottom), with a decent thrashing on the board, by/after the Chelsea game.

• 1 month later...
On 05/08/2021 at 22:26, nta786 said:

Aug 14 Everton (a)
Oct 2 Chelsea (a)

Okay so I predicted 1/2 points from our first 7, we're actually on 4.

I'm still concerned but should I be happy that we exceeded my expectations?!?! 😬

Bottom line is, the next 5-8 games are so important now because there'll be little excuse from myself too.