Ralph Charged

miserableoldgit

7 minutes ago, West Stand said:

Fined £20,000

Anyone got any stats on how many times the usual suspect serial referee/VAR criticising managers have been fined since VAR was introduced? Or are they more adept than Ralph with their critical wording to ensure they don't fall foul of the punishment criteria...?

8 minutes ago, trousers said:

Anyone got any stats on how many times the usual suspect serial referee/VAR criticising managers have been fined since VAR was introduced? Or are they more adept than Ralph with their critical wording to ensure they don't fall foul of the punishment criteria...?

He was always going to get done for his comments. It was very obvious. Not that he may not have had a point, but as a PL manager he stepped over the line.

Edited by The Kraken

£20k?!

That is horseshit considering he was holding back.

ah well that the hors d'oeuvres at the Lancaster Gate Christmas party covered, maybe one glass of bubbles too.

Ralph should start a crowd funding page, then next time he can let the dogs off the leash - most Footie fans would likely chip in just for the satisfaction seeing a manager just let rip.

• Haha 1

😃 sorry for going all MLG. I know it’s a terrible trait in anybody, and shouldn’t be encouraged as it’s fucking annoying and gets away from the point.

So, my point anyway (which isn’t about MLG nor Lancaster Gate)

In principle, I agree somewhat with Ralph. Mike Dean has a history of poor decision making against Saints. No question. I’m not going to defend him personally, I think he’s a bad ref.

That said, I think Ralph is right to get done in this instance, and I think a line must be taken.  I do think that referees in all of football are treated with far too much scrutiny, and are all too easily blamed by managers, fans and pundits. I struggle to think of another sport where verbal abuse of referees by players on the pitch is just accepted. I struggle to find another sport whereby the pundits spend so much time analysing the performance of the officials, and blaming them for them outcome of the game. And I find it difficult to watch a continual stream of cheating on the pitch by so many players, encouraged by managers, and the same bunch of ‘professionals’ bleat about officials before in any way addressing their own deficiencies. It’s an easy cop out and too many fans go along with it.

So there. Referees aren’t perfect in any way at all, but football has allowed such an easy way out of blaming the ref, a d we are all complicit. I don’t like bringing up rugby, cricket or whatever sports, but they seem to get on without so much cheating and so much blaming of referees, and they just accept that there must be some sort of respect for the official. I don’t like the culture of football that seems to override that.

Rant over! 

Edited by The Kraken
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

it’s about time FA started to hand out proper sized fines to get some respect from managers & players

If referees actually enforced the laws on dissent they might get more respect. The next time a "big club's" players mob a ref, book them all. I would love to see Harry MacGuire,( or any other overpaid prima donna ), sent off for his second offence of mouthing off at an official.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Paulwantsapint81 said:

if you agree with RH being fined or not

RH fined about 1 weeks wage considering he is one of lowest paid with average being £75k

it’s about time FA started to hand out proper sized fines to get some respect from managers & players

When they start taking action against Klopp. Pep, Touchel, OGS etc they may start to get some respect.

Klippity Klopp can say whatever he likes but as long as he sticks one of those big toothy grins in he gets away with it......or as long as he keeps managing Liverpool of course.

Edited by beatlesaint
  • Like 1

Fair enough. His comments were light-hearted but they did imply a lack of professional integrity on the part of the ref.

However, what really irritates me is how managers are allowed to spend 90 minutes berating the 4th official and acting like hysterical tarts on the side line without any recourse in most cases.

Klopp is one of the worst for this. His touchline behaviour is disgraceful but, obviously, it's Liverpool so never mind.

• Like 2