Russia

whelk

Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Referendum on Moscow to officially become territory of Wales

• Da!
    • Net!

So now we will see how far to Hell this handcart is going to be driven.

Putin has known all along that the West ( NATO ) will not actually go "hot" for Ukraine, and the UN is impotent to act against a permanent menber of the Security Council. By his declaration this evening Putin can now legitimately move troops into the Donbas at the request of the "Governments" of the 2 republics.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Putin has known all along that the West ( NATO ) will not actually go "hot" for Ukraine, and the UN is impotent to act against a permanent menber of the Security Council. By his declaration this evening Putin can now legitimately move troops into the Donbas at the request of the "Governments" of the 2 republics.

And if that is relatively unopposed, then he can turn to his greater desire - full-on regime change in Kiev 

4 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The Baltic states are in NATO, different fish entirely.

He wants them though and he’s clearly enough of a loony to try his luck in a fight. If we go all ‘League of Nations’ over Ukraine, you can bet that’s where he will turn next. Why not go full Russian Empire? If he’s going to keep banging on about historical territories, it’s only been a century since they laid claim to the Baltics, half of Poland, Finland, Moldova, bits of Romania and most of that central Eurasian plateau.

9760B8E7-7ED9-4FE6-875F-5BBFC164C95A.jpeg

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

And we know what happens next - a super free and fair referendum on joining Russia.  

• Like 1

Reckon Putin's got NATO by the balls. The UN may send some observers once the tanks roll in , but I think he'll stop short of a full invasion and Ukraine may have to concede the Donbas region for now or risk all out war, which they will lose. The West cannot intervene militarily , and sanctions may backfire if Putin turns the gas pipes off. He's a cunning bastard that's for sure, but is living in a past cold war dogma which must horrify some in the Russian government. I say just dock Chelsea 20 points and claim  a moral victory.

19 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Reckon Putin's got NATO by the balls. The UN may send some observers once the tanks roll in , but I think he'll stop short of a full invasion and Ukraine may have to concede the Donbas region for now or risk all out war, which they will lose. The West cannot intervene militarily , and sanctions may backfire if Putin turns the gas pipes off. He's a cunning bastard that's for sure, but is living in a past cold war dogma which must horrify some in the Russian government. I say just dock Chelsea 20 points and claim  a moral victory.

He wants breathing space between the West and his own border. A few separatist states they aid the security of would be perfect for that. Dread to think if that would involve expanding through the Ukraine to Transnistria though.

Now, what to do with the Baltic states and Poland?

7 hours ago, Colinjb said:

He wants breathing space between the West and his own border. A few separatist states they aid the security of would be perfect for that. Dread to think if that would involve expanding through the Ukraine to Transnistria though.

Now, what to do with the Baltic states and Poland?

Lithuania looks the obvious target as that would give a clear path to Kaliningrad and the Baltic. Whether Putin would mess with a Nato member remains to be seen though, but if he wants to test whether the West will respond militarily, that's where he'll get an answer. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kyle04 said:

Interesting point about Chelsea (and Bournemouth)

Abramovich, who got rich at the expense of Russian citizens, is likely to have a significant proportion of his wealth tied up in London so there is the possibility of him being sanctioned along with other Russians who have laundered money through our capital city.

it will be interesting to see how much of his vast wealth he is willing to waste on Chelsea bearing in mind he has, apparently,  'invested' around £1 billion in the club so far.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Are you not a bit cynical about it all. Boris could be doing this to take the focus away from him eating cake. ?

I dont trust Boris, so i wouldn't be surprised if he's just made it up to get out of partygate, so desperate to cling onto power he'd fake a war.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I dont trust Boris, so i wouldn't be surprised if he's just made it up to get out of partygate, so desperate to cling onto power he'd fake a war.

It's all clearly propoganda from Boris et al.

Everyone knows that the Russians are able to sneak around, completely undetected until one day, WHAM and they've invaded your coutry without you even knowing.  No need for a war when you have skillz like those.

From the link above :

The prime minister replied that “Abramovich is already facing sanctions”.

Labour MP Chris Bryant later told MPs: “I don’t think Abramovich has been sanctioned”.

Mr Abramovich is not listed on the searchable database

provided by the UK Office of Financial Sanctions Implementation.

The prime minister's official spokesman later told reporters Johnson "misspoke" when he told the Commons that Abramovich was facing sanctions.

Fuck me... Putin must be quaking in his boots.

Interesting exchange between Putin and poor Sergei in the video, Stalin would have nodded his approval.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kyle04 said:

Fuck me... Putin must be quaking in his boots.

Interesting exchange between Putin and poor Sergei in the video, Stalin would have nodded his approval.

Stalin would have nodded to Lavrentiy Beria, Beria would have nodded to an NKVD officer, Sergei would have disappeared.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

It would be.

If Barry was in government and had power, and we were on the verge of being at war with China.

But he isn't and we aren't, so it's not.

My point is, the alternative is no different (at best)

Last time I checked we are not on the verge of war with Russia.  Unless you know something the rest us/the world does not?

Edited by AlexLaw76

3 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Russia effectively annexes the 2 rebel controlled areas, we sanction 3 billionaires. Ouch, Putin really felt that response.

TBF I think that's more of a warning shot than the sum total of the west's response and it's already hit Russia's stock market and the Rouble. 

Disturbing article here :

https://www.marketplace.org/2022/02/15/will-the-uk-sanction-russian-owned-assets-over-the-ukraine-crisis/

This country's a laughing stock, the money laundering capital of the world, corrupt and incompetent politicians, zero control of our borders even though we're an island , and don't get me started on the state of the roads or the cricket team.

• Like 1