Big Screens

Dragon_man

We were supposed to have them last summer, and then in the first international break, and then in the second international break. And then nothing.

The reason for the delay I believe is that the screens which were ordered required more substational structural support on the stadium roof than it can currently support, or something along those lines. It's possible that they've had to wait for an unused period of the year to do something like that.

Edited by S-Clarke

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

We were supposed to have them last summer, and then in the first international break, and then in the second international break. And then nothing.

The reason for the delay I believe is that the screens which were ordered required more substational structural support on the stadium roof than it can currently support, or something along those lines. It's possible that they've had to wait for an unused period of the year to do something like that.

Thanks. Guess there's hope! 

Shame the comms dept don't keep supporters updated.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I’m really not getting the love in with new screens?

Don’t think there’s a love in, we were just told we were getting them last season. If I remember right, the roof can’t take the weight so unless we are having the roof renovated, I doubt we will be getting them anytime soon. So we can add roof issues and screens to the list of updates the stadium needs. Personally I would just be happy with a lick of paint and a wash down. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Mad they haven’t been done. Meant to be last November, the current ones are shite. Biggest issue is the adverts but unfortunately I don’t see that changing with new ones! 

Sometimes the one above the Northam just doesn't come on at all so you can't even see the scoreboard or the clock

29 minutes ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I think they're going to be done Nov/Dec this year whilst the World Cup is on.

Good shout actually, but that's prob weather dependent and that time of the year is unpredictable.

I did assume this summer would be the gap they took, but I did forget we were hosting a few Euro games...! Not sure we'd have enough time.

Part of it is that there's some structural stuff they need to do to the roof for the new screens and they need some form of crane to lean over from the outside of the stadium to allow them to do this + install the screens. With the Euros this summer, there wasn't the time to do this but the break for the World Cup does give enough time. For once, IKT is ITK(ish)...

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2022 at 13:49, suewhistle said:

As for the PA in the Kingsland, it was appalling; is it normally as bad?

Yes I can confirm that the PA system in Kingsland is truly awful, always has been, I always mention it as No1 whinge on my club survey and nothing ever happens.

• Like 1

On 08/07/2022 at 13:49, suewhistle said:

Last night there appeared to be smaller screens superimposed on the wider existing screens, so maybe they were temporary?

As for the PA in the Kingsland, it was appalling; is it normally as bad?

I think it was just the saints badges either side of the screen that were covered up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mowgli said:

I think it was just the saints badges either side of the screen that were covered up

This seemed to be the case to me at the NI Norway game. Around the ground they had covered any hint of it being Saints' stadium and replaced it with Uefa branding. Even the red and white perspex at the back was covered up!

Hard to see when the work can be done to the stadium to refresh it and add the structure for new screens. Season is coming up soon, and there are still constant corporate events in the ground year round!

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Currently no Saints first team game scheduled to take place at St Mary’s from 5th November to 26th December. 

First thought: How the hell did the computer come up with that anomoly in the fixture list?

Followed by slow realisation: Ah, the Wanky Winter World Cup. 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

First thought: How the hell did the computer come up with that anomoly in the fixture list?

Followed by slow realisation: Ah, the Wanky Winter World Cup. 🤦‍♂️

As it will now be known in this household, ta Wurzel.

• Haha 1