RIP Bernard Cribbins

Sheaf Saint

4 hours ago, Jimmy_D said:

Doctor Who was where I saw him most, which of course he was fantastic in.

Very sad news :( 

RIP

And that goes way back to him appearing in the mid 1960s feature film with the Dalek Invasion. He adds a bit of lightness to quite a bleak film. Excellent at everything he was involved in, whether narration, acting or novelty records.

Edited by Holmes_and_Watson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, buctootim said:

Wouldn't say he was a great - but I think he could and should have been,. Really talented actor who should have been in more films and tv.   

I have to disagree. He was multi-talented and did so much good work on stage, TV and cinema...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13099773

He could have done more cinema, and I'm sure he had many offers to do so, but he always came across as being very happy with his oeuvre.

I remember him vividly from Jackanory when I was a kid. He had a uniquely brilliant way of telling engaging stories. 

He's a legend IMO.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

And that goes way back to him appearing in the mid 1960s feature film with the Dalek Invasion. He adds a bit of lightness to quite a bleak film. Excellent at everything he was involved in, whether narration, acting or novelty records.

When he appeared more recently in Dr Who as Donna's grandfather he wore his own Parachute Regiment badge on his character's wooly hat.

As a much younger actor he was appearing in a supporting role in a production of MacBeth where real swords were being used. The actor in the title role was stabbed to death in the final fight with MacDuff.

Edited by badgerx16

3 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

When he appeared more recently in Dr Who as Donna's grandfather he wore his own Parachute Regiment badge on his character's wooly hat.

As a much younger actor he was appearing in a supporting role in a production of MacBeth where real swords were being used. The actor in the title role was stabbed to death in the final fight with MacDuff.

I didn't know either of those. Thanks for sharing.