The 'New Manager' thread

Bad Wolf

48 minutes ago, BotleySaint said:

All in all, a totally obscure appointment! Totally unpredictable, because on paper he appears to offer nothing.

Will this motivate our demotivated squad? Will any of them actually have heard of him before?

Got a bad feeling about this, but as with all Saints fans, have to hope it works out somehow.

What is it about getting Luton into the playoffs with no money that makes you think he offers nothing? 

So here's my viewpoint fwiw!

We were getting worse and worse under Ralph which was a shame because i thought he was a refreshing positive appointment at first. But over the time he was here that all changed. 

He should of been relieved of his responsibilities in tbe summer as it was pretty clear he was a busted flush by then.

A new manager is what we need and we are getting someone with fresh energy, new ideas and it is very clear, a big drive to achieve. 

Hes certainly not the first name on my list and probably not any Saints fans list, but the only list that matters is SRs. And he was clearly top of theirs. 

And so here we are, 2 days after sacking one manager on the brink of appointing the replacement. This is good. Many times in the past the club has been very slow to recruit the next one. Our new owners have acted when they felt the time was right - later than I preferred - and when they had identified who they wanted. Efficiency of top operators. 

Hiring the manager of little old Luton Town does not sound exciting. But we are hiring the man for his methods and skills. Clearly he can organise a team, create great team togetherness, and get performances on tiny budgets.

The philosophy of our club is recruit raw talents, develop and then at some point "cash in". 

This hire is no different to any player purchase. 

The club environment will hopefully allow Nathan Jones and his team the perfect opportunity to test his methods and skills at a higher level, and there is no reason why they can't be successful. 

We gave a man who lost 9-0 twice, more than enough chances. This man deserves this chance.

Football far too often just shuffles the same pool of managers or gives high profile jobs to the famous former player. If Nathan Jones was a former England International (with the same management experience) I guarantee the general concensus of fans would be more favourable than it seems. 

Of course, the whole SR project might fail. It also might succeed. 

If it does succeed, we will reap huge benefits. 

I'm cautiously optimistic and love the approach of SR. 

Let's all draw a line and give the man and his team every support. A bit of "Dell" mentality, fighting spirit and togetherness is requited by all now and see what happens!!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, HKsaint said:

I think the new youngsters must feel betrayed seeing the departure of Joe Shields and now RH. 

Betrayed? Why? This is football; a very  transient business.

I would be worried about the players ability to have a career in the game if they felt like you suggest