James Ward-Prowse

Roger

9 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I think the people looking at the money in this scenario will be SR more than JWP.

Even if JWP was minded to stay for one season to help us back up, he's too much of a valuable asset to hold on to once some decent bids come in.

I dont think JWP will be forced out but once (say) Tottenham come in with fifty mil or whatever, SR will take it and JWP will take on the challenge.

We'll haggle.  We'll lose the haggle battle.  He will have to stay.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

By my count that's 0-4 for last 4 free kicks in JWP territory. I wonder if being one away from equalling Beckham's record is on his mind?

Hopefully his excellent penalty today will relax him to bury his next free kick.

I thought he was going to go over the wall and dip it low towards the bottom left corner yesterday. Surprised he tried to hit top right corner as Forster was covering that side.

I'm sure I read his conversion rate from free kicks is around 12% which is insanely good but goes to show that not scoring from the last 4 isn't at all unusual.

His penalty yesterday was absolutely perfect. 

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

I thought he was going to go over the wall and dip it low towards the bottom left corner yesterday. Surprised he tried to hit top right corner as Forster was covering that side.

I'm sure I read his conversion rate from free kicks is around 12% which is insanely good but goes to show that not scoring from the last 4 isn't at all unusual.

His penalty yesterday was absolutely perfect. 

I think Simon Hooper on the whistle interfered with his set up process as Kane and his chums were shithousing at the ball positioning - you could see James getting pissed off, then added to this the wall to a man was stood in front of the magic spray line 

2 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

I think Simon Hooper on the whistle interfered with his set up process as Kane and his chums were shithousing at the ball positioning - you could see James getting pissed off, then added to this the wall to a man was stood in front of the magic spray line 

I couldn’t see that line from my position in the Kingsland. Is this a new tactic? Delay the kick so long that the line disappears and then you can stand in front of it.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I couldn’t see that line from my position in the Kingsland. Is this a new tactic? Delay the kick so long that the line disappears and then you can stand in front of it.

Line was still there clear as day behind all their heels - trouble was the only player of ours who is always up for getting in the refs ear was on his way to hospital 

21 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Line was still there clear as day behind all their heels - trouble was the only player of ours who is always up for getting in the refs ear was on his way to hospital 

Ah, ok. Maybe I couldn’t see it because their players were standing in the way.

Cristiano Ronaldo smashed a free kick through the wall yesterday and Sky keep raving about him like he’s done it every week, despite not doing it for years and the fact that the fucking wall lept apart. 😂

On a side note anyone else noticed Skys media love in for Al Nassr since his transfer? 

Back to JWP, England's loss is our gain. Still baffles me how he doesn’t get in against the likes of Gallagher and Phillips who seemingly don’t play for their clubs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My only ambition from the remaining games we have left is that JWP equals- and then breaks- the Beckham record for direct free kick goals. Whilst a Saints player. 
JWP beating the record next season in any other shirt is still a great achievement and I’d be proud. But it’s not the same. James knows it, we all do, please do it for the long term Saints fans who deserve a tiny little bit of happiness from this awful season…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gio1saints said:

My only ambition from the remaining games we have left is that JWP equals- and then breaks- the Beckham record for direct free kick goals. Whilst a Saints player. 
JWP beating the record next season in any other shirt is still a great achievement and I’d be proud. But it’s not the same. James knows it, we all do, please do it for the long term Saints fans who deserve a tiny little bit of happiness from this awful season…

He’ll probably do it when we are mathematically relegated and the pressure is off everyone.