Theo’s note….

InvictaSaint

Not sure if anybody else spotted this but when Theo went over to Selles during a first half injury break and came back with a note, one of the first players he showed it to was AA.

Now this is not to defend said player or say he had - given how shite he’s been - any right to do what he did. However as Theo walked away, AA just stood there shaking his head from side to side in apparent disbelief / disgust. 

Whatever our players’ faults - and they are manifold - any last vestiges of belief they had in Sellesball have clearly evaporated.

• Like 2

That whole note situation was a bit cringe wasn't it, I think Billing at one point tried to take a glance at it. I imagine it read something like ''Compact, be patient, it's ok we have another 5 games''

But I don't have any time for the players opinions on stuff like this to be honest, especially from failures like him. He needs to just shut up with his views and learn how to play football, but sadly I think that's a lost cause.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

That whole note situation was a bit cringe wasn't it, I think Billing at one point tried to take a glance at it. I imagine it read something like ''Compact, be patient, it's ok we have another 5 games''

But I don't have any time for the players opinions on stuff like this to be honest, especially from failures like him. He needs to just shut up with his views and learn how to play football, but sadly I think that's a lost cause.

I dont see AA as the problem to be honest.Coming on with a piece of paper to pass on instructions for the whole team to rally around was at best school boy error stuff. AA and all our forwards have suffered from midfield dross and keep ball,not just this season but at least when we lost the target man Ings. No one makes clever runs to expose a potential opening,we've been far to slow and safe for bloody ages and its boring to watch us go through motions and drop the ball back to the keeper to punt it forward. 1st half against Bournemouth nearing half time ish we had a throw in near their 18 yard box and within 10 passes say i think it made its way back to our keeper who re distributed it sideways and so on.We had an opportunity to put it in and we didn't. AA is not a winger left or right and thats where hes been placed.We dont offer any of our forwards the chances we were hoping they might have.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Roo1976 said:

I dont see AA as the problem to be honest.Coming on with a piece of paper to pass on instructions for the whole team to rally around was at best school boy error stuff. AA and all our forwards have suffered from midfield dross and keep ball,not just this season but at least when we lost the target man Ings. No one makes clever runs to expose a potential opening,we've been far to slow and safe for bloody ages and its boring to watch us go through motions and drop the ball back to the keeper to punt it forward. 1st half against Bournemouth nearing half time ish we had a throw in near their 18 yard box and within 10 passes say i think it made its way back to our keeper who re distributed it sideways and so on.We had an opportunity to put it in and we didn't. AA is not a winger left or right and thats where hes been placed.We dont offer any of our forwards the chances we were hoping they might have.

I find it hard to have much sympathy with him to be honest, if you're good enough then you'll create openings. Both Danny Ings and Broja had the same support acts around them, they were fine. Adams scores the odd goal as well as he has other facets to his game. I wouldn't class Ings as a target man, but he was clever in his movement which alone created those openings. You need more than just hit and run.

I know this isn't an AA thread, but he's had too many chances here and is one of the first I'd be shipping off to L1 or wherever in the summer, he's one of the main reasons we are where we are. If you see the times he has been given an opportunity he'll hit and hope it, smash it, no real composure or technique to his play. (He had a chance against Bournemouth very much like that).

But on the note yeah, it was a schoolboy error from Selles - and in typical head boy fashion Theo adhered to it!!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, InvictaSaint said:

Not sure if anybody else spotted this but when Theo went over to Selles during a first half injury break and came back with a note, one of the first players he showed it to was AA.

Now this is not to defend said player or say he had - given how shite he’s been - any right to do what he did. However as Theo walked away, AA just stood there shaking his head from side to side in apparent disbelief / disgust. 

Whatever our players’ faults - and they are manifold - any last vestiges of belief they had in Sellesball have clearly evaporated.

Note probably said something like 'win some headers'

I'm fully expecting AA to be shipped off elsewhere in the Championship next season where he'll start scoring for fun. Who can doubt that he'll then rock up at Friendly To Opponents St Mary's and claim a hat-trick.

Edited by obelisk
  • Like 2

AA may lack some quality but I think it was very noticeable on Thursday just how much of a shift he put in. 

Even though he might need a fresh challenge, think he could definitely be an asset in the Championship but just doesn't seem to be Prem level.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, ScandiSaint said:

AA may lack some quality but I think it was very noticeable on Thursday just how much of a shift he put in. 

Even though he might need a fresh challenge, think he could definitely be an asset in the Championship but just doesn't seem to be Prem level.

I think it would be a bit weird to get rid in the summer. Che will go(his contract running down), Tella (will likely be targetted by Burnley in the prem)Armstrong would be the guy left that has actually a record of scoring at that level. Are we gonna recoup much for him given his last 2 years.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ScandiSaint said:

He’s not the only one, but for me he’s too predictable. Every single time he cuts in from left to right. Must be so easy to defend against. Although a lower standard defenders in the championship aren’t mugs, they’ll soon suss him out. I haven’t followed his career but how many decent seasons has he had, because he will easily get found out even at that level unless he improves his movement and composure. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InvictaSaint said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f99bb0128524bd772bfe520460fb6934.jpeg

image.jpeg.f6e1ee2a5fcb3b8c8672c44fc019f41a.jpeg

Edited by ErwinK1961

AA saw ity first, I think just because he was closest. Theo went round like some sort of school prefect showing it to most of them, seemed like everyone got a look at the note except JWP and McCarthy and whoever was pretending to be injured at the time. They  all looked pretty bemused by it. Someone, I think it was Bednarek, took a 2nd and 3rd look, as if they coudn't believe what they were seeing. I'd love to know what was on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baird of the land said:

I think it would be a bit weird to get rid in the summer. Che will go(his contract running down), Tella (will likely be targetted by Burnley in the prem)Armstrong would be the guy left that has actually a record of scoring at that level. Are we gonna recoup much for him given his last 2 years.

He'll be a key player for us next season