Valenciennes

Tommy Mulgrew

17 hours ago, Tommy Mulgrew said:

VFC win away from home in the French cup, 1:2 against Saint-Priest, of league 3 I believe.  Congrats, Christophe.  Winning is becoming a habit. 🙂

Thank you very much, it was a complicated game as usual, but we've qualified for the first time since 2012.

Around 50 of us made the trip to Lyon.

Capture04.PNG

• Like 10

17 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can you explain how Ligue 3 is set-up, @ChristopheVAFC?  Is it all split up into regions? 

Curious how hard it will be to get back into Ligue 2, if relegated. 

Here in France, the "National 1" championship, or France's third division, is played throughout the country.

Unlike the National 2 or National 3, which are regionalised.

Some clubs have already managed to move up straight away from National 1 to Ligue 2, but it's not necessarily easy, and all our players will have to be involved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

My team also played yesterday at home against the 4th-placed team in the league.

Final score: 1-1.

We were leading 1-0 before being pegged back.

It was a draw that felt like a defeat for us yesterday because we had the chance to win the game...

12 points adrift and 14 games to play....... A tough ask. How are the next few fixtures looking?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Colinjb said:

12 points adrift and 14 games to play....... A tough ask. How are the next few fixtures looking?

Good evening!

That's a very good question.

At the moment, opinions are divided about my club's sporting situation.

Mathematically, it's still possible to stay up, but it's true that the more the days go by, the more complicated it becomes.

In my personal opinion, I still believe in staying in the second division. And even if we're relegated, I'll continue to support my club whatever happens.

If we are relegated to the third division, I hope that Sport Républic will have a plan to get back up just as quickly.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Derby day for Valenciennes!

A trip to Dunkirk! 1h15 drive / 130km distance.

400 supporters will make the short trip.

(yes, I know it's not a lot if you look at your travels) haha.

Allez VA, allez les Saint's!

Good luck amigo you will smash them.

Dunkirk is famous for everyone wanting to leave it and you boys will leave with 3pts.

Allez VA

• Like 3

You hear about groups of fans randomly going to matches abroad. There was a load of German fans at some U21 game over here a few weeks ago.

Would be fun to get a bunch of Saints fans over to Northern France for a game. Ferry from Portsmouth then on to the game. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Cat said:

You hear about groups of fans randomly going to matches abroad. There was a load of German fans at some U21 game over here a few weeks ago.

Would be fun to get a bunch of Saints fans over to Northern France for a game. Ferry from Portsmouth then on to the game. 

Could be a good day out, tickets for upcoming game against St Etienne are £12 and looks a cracking football stadium: 

STADE_052.jpg

Valenciennes inaugure le stade du Hainaut (diaporama)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Miltonaggro said:

Could be a good day out, tickets for upcoming game against St Etienne are £12 and looks a cracking football stadium: 

STADE_052.jpg

Valenciennes inaugure le stade du Hainaut (diaporama)

It's true that we have a beautiful stadium, even if it's not full enough unfortunately...

If one day you come, you'll be very welcome here in Valenciennes.

As for myself, I should be in Southampton on the weekend of 30 March / 1 April for the home game against Middelsbrough. 

20220720_172726.thumb.jpg.62f07c44bb77a7f4ed850e0033ab9893.jpg

valenciennes-stade-du-hainaut.jpg

Edited by ChristopheVAFC
  • Like 3

I'm a born optimist but this is not looking good, sport republic must be wondering what is going on.

Am only guessing you will be relegated then get a massive overhaul, win the Ligue 3 title by Xmas and be back in Ligue 2 asap.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 08.38.21.png

Edited by Convict Colony
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

I'm a born optimist but this is not looking good, sport republic must be wondering what is going on.

Am only guessing you will be relegated then get a massive overhaul, win the Ligue 3 title by Xmas and be back in Ligue 2 asap.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 08.38.21.png

Indeed, the descent into 'National 1' (3rd division in France) is just around the corner...

I'm not afraid of the drop and I hope we'll have a better season next year.

I'm sure there'll be a bit of a shake-up at the club, but if it means we can get back on a good footing, I'll take it.

We're going down the same road as the other clubs in the Sport Républic entity.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

Some news from my club.

Another defeat last night at home 2-0 against Rodez.

We are now 15 points behind the 1st non-relegated team.

Even if it's not mathematically done, we're almost in the 3rd division.

That's just the way it is, it's a failed season and I have no doubt that we'll do better next season.

I don't blame Sport Républic for taking over a club in a sorry state... (Debts, work to be done everywhere, understaffing, etc.)

I knew it was going to be difficult for SR this year and I hope we can get back to the top as soon as possible.

I think that this summer, there will be a big clean-up within the club and that SR will put competent and involved people for a good project next year.

All the same, I'm very happy to be part of the Sport Républic family with you and Goztepe.

I hope you are well and I wish you all a good Sunday.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Hello everyone.

Some news from my club.

That's just the way it is, it's a failed season and I have no doubt that we'll do better next season.

I don't blame Sport Républic for taking over a club in a sorry state... (Debts, work to be done everywhere, understaffing, etc.)

I knew it was going to be difficult for SR this year and I hope we can get back to the top as soon as possible.

I think that this summer, there will be a big clean-up within the club and that SR will put competent and involved people for a good project next year.

All the same, I'm very happy to be part of the Sport Républic family with you and Goztepe.

Hopefully things turn around for you guys next season and you get some momentum. We've had some examples in England where teams have got promoted from the third division and fly straight through on that momentum to the premier league - we did it, Norwich did it recently, Ipswich are giving it a good go. 

If you get stuff right in the summer and have a good year next year then you may be back at the top before long. Feels a long way off now, but football can change very quickly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Hello everyone.

Some news from my club.

Thanks for the update Glasgow.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Hello everyone.

Some news from my club.

Love and Light?

Game day for my team (and yours too).

Quarter-final of the Coupe de France, away to Rouen (Normandy).

Kick-off at 9pm (French time).

A full visiting stand (the last time was just over 10 years ago)
with 700 Valenciennes supporters in attendance.

Rouen play in the 3rd division (known in France as National 1), which is the division where we unfortunately have a chance of going next year if we go down.

Tonight's match is a sell-out in a 9500-seat stadium.

Good day to you all.

Allez VA! 🔴

• Like 5

Good evening everyone. 

I'm currently on the bus back to Valenciennes. 3

Tonight we've been through another round of the Coupe de France. 

It wasn't easy against a team that had previously knocked out 2 Ligue 1 sides.

A first for us to be in the semi-finals, the last time was in 1970. 

A bit of sunshine on our season. 

Here's a photo of the full visiting stand:

Allez VA! 

FB_IMG_1709162127490.thumb.jpg.9c5fd75ed04227105f771425c0c6eb53.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Convict Colony said:

Mate i was following the game alongside ours, congrats 

Great turn out and result on the pens, loved that your keeper kept trying to throw away the rouen's goalkeepers bottle which had penalty directions on them of the VAFC players hahahaha.

It's wonderful to read you!

I had a great time in Normandy yesterday.

The Rouen goalkeeper did indeed have directions on his water bottle!

Our goalkeeper was very clever on this one.

It's a shame it bounced off the net and not into our stand haha.

We were 11 supporters in the 1st round and yesterday we were 700, that's great!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Congrats on the win @ChristopheVAFC.

Have Sport Republic done much behind the scenes so far? or do you think they’ll change lots in the summer? 

Personally, I'm very happy with the arrival of Sport Républic at Valenciennes.

Yes, the sporting situation is a bit shaky and we're in danger of going down to the 3rd division, but a lot of work has been done at the club, already in terms of communication and relations with the institutions (town, conurbation, companies, sponsors, local life, the daily environment for the club's employees, etc.).

There are many things to rebuild in our club and investments to make.

It will take time for our club to become very ambitious again and I have no doubt that Sport Républic can help us in this.

As far as the fans are concerned, there's a bit of disappointment following the probable descent, but overall, we're aware that our club will need time and patience.

This summer, I think there'll be a lot of movement, especially in the sporting arena, and a little bit internally, as the club looks to recruit players and competent people for the project that's being put in place.

We're going to have to keep at it, because there's no doubt that hard work will pay off sooner or later

Edited by ChristopheVAFC

3 minutes ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Personally, I'm very happy with the arrival of Sport Républic at Valenciennes.

Yes, the sporting situation is a bit shaky and we're in danger of going down to the 3rd division, but a lot of work has been done at the club, already in terms of communication and relations with the institutions (town, conurbation, companies, sponsors, local life, the daily environment for the club's employees, etc.).

There are many things to rebuild in our club and investments to make.

It will take time for our club to become very ambitious again and I have no doubt that Sport Républic can help us in this.

As far as the fans are concerned, there's a bit of disappointment following the probable descent, but overall, we're aware that our club will need time and patience.

This summer, I think there'll be a lot of movement, especially in the sporting arena, and a little bit internally, as the club looks to recruit players and competent people for the project that's being put in place.

We're going to have to keep at it, because there's no doubt that hard work will pay off sooner or later

Thanks for the reply, mate.   Good luck for the rest of this season (& beyond).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Thanks for the reply, mate.   Good luck for the rest of this season (& beyond).

Thank you and it's a pleasure to answer your questions!

Here in Valenciennes, we won't give up, and even if it takes time, we're prepared to be patient.

I sincerely wish you all the best.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

Yesterday evening saw the draw for the semi-finals of the Coupe de France.

It's a tricky draw for Valenciennes, as we travel to Ligue 1 side Olympique Lyonnais at Groupama Stadium.

The match is scheduled for around Wednesday 3 April 2024.

For our part, we're a little disappointed not to be playing at home, but we'll take it from here. There's no doubt that our team will give it their all.

Have a great day everyone.

Allez VA!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

image.thumb.jpeg.48b075e328b82b2820c5935a58a0d890.jpeg

crikey, just drew with top of the table Auxerre. 

Hello, hello, hello!

A good point for us at the top of the league.

It's a bit reassuring for what's to come, even if we know that it's going to be very complicated right up to the end of the season.

I hope we'll have better days ahead.

Allez VA!

• Like 6

Good evening everyone,

News from my team.

After picking up 1 point at AJ Auxerre (1st in the league) last week (final score: 0-0), VAFC also picked up a draw this evening at home to SCO Angers (also 0-0), who are ranked 2nd in Ligue 2.

Since our match in the French Cup, we've been doing a bit better. We're not conceding any more goals and our defence is holding up well. However, we have a lot of work to do in attack...

A bit of reassuring news, even if the drop to the 3rd division is fast approaching.

Good night to you all.

Allez Valenciennes!

• Like 12

Hello everyone.

My team travels to En Avant de Guingamp (Brittany) this evening.

I'm expecting a draw between the 2 teams.

At home, we're mainly thinking about our French Cup semi-final on 2 April.

It's looking more and more complicated to maintain our position in the league... 

Allez VA !

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Hello everyone.

My team travels to En Avant de Guingamp (Brittany) this evening.

I'm expecting a draw between the 2 teams.

At home, we're mainly thinking about our French Cup semi-final on 2 April.

It's looking more and more complicated to maintain our position in the league... 

Allez VA !

Allez VA

If there is a stream for tonight it will appear here, I will watch for sure if it works.

https://vip.soccerstreams100.io/event/fra-2/valenciennes-vs-guingamp-live-soccer-stats/676944

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Allez VA

S'il y a un stream pour ce soir, il apparaîtra ici, je surveillerai avec certitude s'il fonctionne.

https://vip.soccerstreams100.io/event/fra-2/valenciennes-vs-guingamp-live-soccer-stats/676944

Thank you very much for supporting my team.

I have 2 other streaming links if you need them:

http://www.fawanews.com/

and

https://livetv767.me/

Check them out by the end of the afternoon.

• Like 2

Hello, hello, hello!

It was a difficult evening yesterday with a 3-0 defeat in the final.

Clearly, it was a botched game on our part.

We have exactly 9 matcha left before the end of the season and we are 16 points behind the 1st non-relegated team.

The official relegation announcement shouldn't be long in coming.

But hey. As far as the fans are concerned, we're already aware that we'll be playing in the 3rd division next season.

Next year will be better, I have no doubt.

Capture01.PNG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Tried the streams but was late and saw you were already 2-0 down at half time.

Unlucky mate, not sure how many matches you have left but its not looking good.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 at 08.47.37.png

I'd like to thank you for doing everything you could to watch the match.

Thank you too for cheering me up. It's a pleasure to read.

• Like 1

Resume of my local press this morning:

Guingamp - VAFC: VA's youth overwhelmed by Guingamp's old sea dogs

Deprived of a number of key players and punished by their inexperience, Valenciennes were a shadow of their former selves in Guingamp on Saturday evening, where a 3-0 defeat could have been even worse.

We don't know whether Lyon are particularly nervous about the prospect of hosting VA in the French Cup semi-final in just over a fortnight's time. If they were, then it is to be hoped that not too many of them had a good look at the Northern outfit's performance in Guingamp, which revealed the flaws in a team that completely missed its game.

The Bretons did nothing more than apply the basics of football to take a 2-0 lead after twenty minutes. If three passes and a cross into the heart of the box are all it takes to break VA down, you can't blame the OL fans for booking their train tickets and eyeing up a few Lille bars for the final in Villeneuve d'Ascq on 25 May.

Solid against the top two teams in the league over the last two weeks, VAFC lost their defensive shape on the trip to Roudourou, with Lemmonier and especially Merghem able to score like they had in training. The second Breton goal, which came from a long clearance by the keeper and was completed two passes later in the back of the net by Louchet, was frankly worryingly easy for Guingamp. "They were vertical and pragmatic, which is what you need in Ligue 2, and that's all we lack in this league," said Ahmed Kantari.

A third goal, a spitting image of the first two, further underlined the extent to which Valenciennes' youth had been overwhelmed by Guingamp's experience. "We didn't show any pride or character, and it was without doubt our worst collective performance of the season," said Jean Louchet before embarking on a very long bus journey home. Given what VAFC are currently going through, that gives a pretty accurate idea of the extent of the wreckage they suffered in Brittany.

GUINGAMP - VALENCIENNES: 3-0 (2-0)

Goals: Lammonier (7th), Merghem (22nd), El Ouazzani (63rd).

Cautions for Guingamp's Merghme (43rd) and Valenciennes' Sabanovic (77th).

- GUINGAMP: Basilio; Sivis, Gomis, Lemonnier, Marronnier; Merghem, Louiserre (capped), Lobry, Picard (Sagna 62e); El Ouazzani, Guillaume. Coach: Stéphane Dumont.

- VAFC: Louchet; Blanquart (Sabanovic 45th), Kayi Sanda, Woudenberg, Basse; Bansé, Masson (c): Knockaert (Oyewusi 56th), Flamarion (Lilepo 56th), Hamache (Doucouré 45th); Jung (Foé Ondoa 68th). Coach: Ahmed Kantari.

3 hours ago, ChristopheVAFC said:

Resume of my local press this morning:

Next year Valenciennes will be undefeated in the league.

You heard it here first, might even come down for a home game as I have just seen its only 3hrs from where i live.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Next year Valenciennes will be undefeated in the league.

You heard it here first, might even come down for a home game as I have just seen its only 3hrs from where i live.

I'll be happy to take your prediction for next season!

It's the destiny of all Sport Républic teams to have a complicated 1st season, but things will get better next season!

A major clean-up this summer and a coherent and intelligent recruitment drive will hopefully enable us to get back up the table quickly!

If you ever come to Valenciennes in France, you'll be very welcome! As for me, I'm off to Southampton very soon!

• Like 1