Lowe must be pulled back

Long Shot

Lowe is far too involved in footballing decisions at St Marys and I am hearing he is invoking a lot of the unpopular SCW methods so disastrous in our relegation season. I gather the players are increasingly unhappy at some recent training mandates (originating from Lowe) which they feel are over the top.

Unfortunately we have a man now running the show at SMS who is not qualified (football wise) but is on a one man mission to prove he knows best. A recipe for absoulute disaster. This is not conjecture it is FACT - believe me I am close enough to the heart of SFC to be able to post this being confident to know it is 100% fact.

I can handle RL remaining Chair of the PLC but unless he backs away from the football side we are CCC toast.

Lowe is far too involved in footballing decisions at St Marys and I am hearing he is invoking a lot of the unpopular SCW methods so disastrous in our relegation season. I gather the players are increasingly unhappy at some recent training mandates (originating from Lowe) which they feel are over the top.

Unfortunately we have a man now running the show at SMS who is not qualified (football wise) but is on a one man mission to prove he knows best. A recipe for absoulute disaster. This is not conjecture it is FACT - believe me I am close enough to the heart of SFC to be able to post this being confident to know it is 100% fact.

I can handle RL remaining Chair of the PLC but unless he backs away from the football side we are CCC toast.

What? like the double training sessions and Clive Woodward says they can handle it, response to opposition.

The Runnymede minutes certainly confirmed there was a move to bring him back into the fold as Director of Football, so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

But how much influence has he really got with regards first team affairs?????

Given that Poortvliet owes everything to Lowe, I can't see him kicking up a stink if Lowe is pulling some strings.

Is it time for those with some inside info to blow the lid on just how much Lowe is involved in first team affairs?????

The Runnymede minutes certainly confirmed there was a move to bring him back into the fold as Director of Football, so it wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Given that Poortvliet owes everything to Lowe, I can't see him kicking up a stink if Lowe is pulling some strings.

Is it time for those with some inside info to blow the lid on just how much Lowe is involved in first team affairs?????

They have, but won't put their names to it. Longshot is on target.

How can Lowe be messing about with the football team / coaching side?? We are told that he is only able to devote 2 days a week to the club. If he was involved at the club for just 2 days a week & was messing around on the football side he would probably not realise that our back four cannot defend , not realise that we cannot defend from set pieces, would probably forget to order penalty practice .....

Oh my god ... he must be messing around with the team.

LOL.

On Thursday you gave us a rallying call.

Today we have what, an unrallying call :rolleyes:

And I used to think the takeover freds were funneh.

How can Lowe be messing about with the football team / coaching side?? We are told that he is only able to devote 2 days a week to the club. If he was involved at the club for just 2 days a week & was messing around on the football side he would probably not realise that our back four cannot defend , not realise that we cannot defend from set pieces, would probably forget to order penalty practice .....

Thanks Tamesaint.I nearly spat out my drink laughing at that!

Decisions, he will/won't play, employees do as they are told.

Indeed. In that respect JP is the ultimate 'Yes' man, and Lowe can effectively do as he pleases.

Hello.............hello !!!!!, post 15, he was on the radar BEFORE we were relegated ](*,)

I think you are right - he was on the scene BEFORE we were relegated ...but he was only appointed as DoF after we were relegated.

the first match of the relegation season was at Villa Park. I remember the MotD camera focussing on him sitting next to Rupert and it be commented upon that he was getting very pally with Rupert.

Don't see the British Olympic squad whining too much about SCW involvement in enhancing their training, but then again almost every other sport in the world welcomes sports science techniques except the world of football; well known for it's intellectuals :rolleyes:

'Graeme Le Saux reads the Guardian, therefore he must be gay' and other such ****e from a profession that prides itself on how 'laddish' it can be, ****ing grow up.

I think you are right - he was on the scene BEFORE we were relegated ...but he was only appointed as DoF after we were relegated.

the first match of the relegation season was at Villa Park. I remember the MotD camera focussing on him sitting next to Rupert and it be commented upon that he was getting very pally with Rupert.

Spot on, but what I'm saying is that he may not have been appointed until the season after we were relegated, but maybe he did have some sort of 'unofficial input' before we were relegated :smt102

Spot on, but what I'm saying is that he may not have been appointed until the season after we were relegated, but maybe he did have some sort of 'unofficial input' before we were relegated :smt102

Claus said in his testimonial programme that Woodward was involved before we were relegated.

Claus said in his testimonial programme that Woodward was involved before we were relegated.

He started to be at the club after leaving the world cup. Direct quote from Lowe

"It is well documented that Sir Clive has been to our Academy, he has met with (head coach) Steve Wigley and he is interested in learning more about football," said Lowe"

Conclusive proof it was before relegation as that was 3rd September 2004

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/southampton/3616864.stm

So while some might think SCW has done a grand job his actual record while in football has been to see a team who finished 8th in the prem league the season before relegated then see them finish 14th in the CCC the following season. Sorry but i don't buy he has the ability to turn average players into better ones.

Don't see the British Olympic squad whining too much about SCW involvement in enhancing their training, but then again almost every other sport in the world welcomes sports science techniques except the world of football; well known for it's intellectuals

Like Camus?

You are talking about football yeah? y'know, the most successful sport in the world?

Why don't we get an archery expert in to help our FOOTballers?

Anyone with half a brain knew that Lowe coming back was bad news for the club. He's completel clueless when it comes to football.

I saw a feature on Sky with Steve walsh saying how brilliant big Nigel Pearson has been since he's been at the Walkers stadium - he commands that much respect.

That should have been us, but oh no, Judas snake Wilde slithers back and brings Lowe with him. Lowe then tries to show he knows differently to everyone else and put's all our eggs in the basket of playing kids. This wasn't a financial decision, League 1 and League 2 clubs dip into the non league and buy pro's in their mid twenties, it was Lowe being a know it all revolutionary.

All we can do now as fans of the club is to stay away and boycott. Wilde and Lowe don't deserve our support or our money. They don't care what any of us thinks so this is the only way to show our disgust in them and their plans.

SCW was appointed after we were relegated...

Factually correct Steve, but you and I both know he was unofficially involved behind the scenes long before relegation and I hear (not from the source you might think) his training methods are now being invoked by Lowe and it is causing unrest in the camp.

So, exactly how many of the current squad were here during SCW tenure? At the end of the day, the players are so crap they could do triple training with Sir Alex Ferguson and I doubt it would make any diffrence, it just keeps them off the streets and out of barmaids purses.

I couldn't give a crap how much they whinged about training, it's obviously not hard enough as they still have the energy to whinge, until they win 10 matches in a row, they don't have the right to voice an opinion at all.

Factually correct Steve, but you and I both know he was unofficially involved behind the scenes long before relegation and I hear (not from the source you might think) his training methods are now being invoked by Lowe and it is causing unrest in the camp.

This thread has pretty much confirmed what's going on, because of the identity of the posters there is more than interference. It sounds that policy has been dictated. The Skacel issue seems to be pretty much clarified, we are not allowed to play him. The McGoldrick rumour appears to have substance.

How is the overdraft fairing in all this? I've heard the bank isn't happy any more. Unless there is internal investment, and we know where that isn't going to come from, there will definitely be players going.

His arrogance knows no bounds. The only chance the club has is if Lowe cuts his ties with the club completely.

I don't even want him Chair of the PLC. I don't particularly rate him as a businessman.

does any of this really matter?

if we were fighting for promotion and playing some good football would this type of post even deserve some airtime?

imo this is total rubbish,lowe is involved in some way with team affairs,he has to be,but to say that he is dictating how the players train and who plays is nonsense.

there is only one person pulling the strings,somebody who we should be more worried about than lowe.................................the manager of barclays.

if we were fighting for promotion and playing some good football would this type of post even deserve some airtime?

imo this is total rubbish,lowe is involved in some way with team affairs,he has to be,but to say that he is dictating how the players train and who plays is nonsense.

there is only one person pulling the strings,somebody who we should be more worried about than lowe.................................the manager of barclays.

So let's save Lowe's wages and get a decent defender on loan.

You are right about Barclays, getting sticky there I think. You are wrong about the training and the team.

Banks pull the financial strings not dictating tactics, formations, team selection. That should be down to the Manager/Coach.

The bank will say, your debt is increasing and it needs to be rectified. The club decide how that is done. Expect sales in January.

so they do we need rupert , if barclays are controlling day to day finances

if we were fighting for promotion and playing some good football would this type of post even deserve some airtime?imo this is total rubbish,lowe is involved in some way with team affairs,he has to be,but to say that he is dictating how the players train and who plays is nonsense.

The issue is, as some of us said pre-season, there is no chance of this with Lowe in charge.

Can't you see that Rupert's methods, personality and appointments are the reason we aren't fighting for promotion and playing some good football?

Leon Crouch has made more money than Lowe in the business world, and from a standing start. Yet there are a few out there who think Lowe a better businessman. Crouch had sorted Barclays out for this season. If he was still in charge we would still have Pearson as manager, and although I accept cuts would still have had to be made, I am convinced attendances would be more than 15k - 17k we are getting now.

The full house for the Sheffield United game, and the feelgood factor from that game was something to build on for this season. Between them, Lowe and Wilde have destroyed that. For the good of the club they need to go.