Tattoo

Smirking_Saint

Looking to get a couple of tattoos, one on both arms.

Probably a full sleeve on one arm and a 3/4 or 1/2 sleeve on the other.

Obviously i won't be getting them both at the same time but will probably start with the full sleeve though.

I have a few ideas as to what i want, my ideas of getting a tattoo is that if you are going to do it you need to get one that is legitamate, interesting and tells a real story. I am not a fan of random pictures that seem as if they go nowhere. I want a flowing showy design. I have a couple of ideas in regards to themes etc.

Kind of like this, but not exactly (not the theme i want really)

Img200159_1coskun_sakre1.jpg

It is hard to find a whole idea, and i know that i won't be able to just come up with a complete design. My question to anyone on here that has tattoos or is perhaps an aspiring artist etc is that if i went in and talked to a few artists what are their imaginations like ? Will they be able to help me with a vision etc ?

Anyone know of any really good tattoo artists in Hampshire and some that should be avoided ??

Why - you'll only regret it when you're grown up.

There are a lot of things i may regret when i grow up, and that has gone through my mind. The way i see it is i going to do my living now, when i am older i can just cover it up etc, but still have a lot of youth left. In fact, i have been told that due to my latest knee injury i will probably suffer a little in later life with my left knee joint but it is that or give up sports now, which isn't an option for me.

I have thought about it for years and am sure i want it now.

Life is full of regrets BTF, but i prefer to regret things i have done and not those i haven't.

Looking to get a couple of tattoos, one on both arms.

Probably a full sleeve on one arm and a 3/4 or 1/2 sleeve on the other.

Obviously i won't be getting them both at the same time but will probably start with the full sleeve though.

I have a few ideas as to what i want, my ideas of getting a tattoo is that if you are going to do it you need to get one that is legitamate, interesting and tells a real story. I am not a fan of random pictures that seem as if they go nowhere. I want a flowing showy design. I have a couple of ideas in regards to themes etc.

Kind of like this, but not exactly (not the theme i want really)

Img200159_1coskun_sakre1.jpg

It is hard to find a whole idea, and i know that i won't be able to just come up with a complete design. My question to anyone on here that has tattoos or is perhaps an aspiring artist etc is that if i went in and talked to a few artists what are their imaginations like ? Will they be able to help me with a vision etc ?

Anyone know of any really good tattoo artists in Hampshire and some that should be avoided ??

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! etc......

Well, the thing is to ask yourself if you still wear the same style of clothes you did 2, 5 or 10 years ago? Do you still want the same haircut you did 10 years ago? tattoos are a fashion statement just like they are, but it's sort of like being stuck with a haircut that seemed cool in 1985 for the rest of your life, or wearing a fashion label/style that was popular in 1992 permanently. Get a pair of flares grafted to your body instead, or have some super cool ray-bans stapled to your face, or a mullett wig stitched onto your scalp.

There are a lot of things i may regret when i grow up, and that has gone through my mind. The way i see it is i going to do my living now, when i am older i can just cover it up etc, but still have a lot of youth left. In fact, i have been told that due to my latest knee injury i will probably suffer a little in later life with my left knee joint but it is that or give up sports now, which isn't an option for me.

I have thought about it for years and am sure i want it now.

Life is full of regrets BTF, but i prefer to regret things i have done and not those i haven't.

Whats gona happen to your guns after all ur working out m8? tats will take the focus off all ur hard work!

I once went for, and got a job, but they didn't know I had tattoo's. First day in the job I rolled back my sleeves and they said "They are going to be a problem" from then on they made life difficult. So be warned, even with Tattoo's being more mainstream they do effect peoples attitudes towards you. Saying that it's only a small minority these days and basically if anyone judges you by a tattoo it's them that have a problem.

A good tattoo artist will look at your ideas and draw you up your own thing around your ideas.

In general the more expensive and the longer the wait to get in the chair, the better the artist. I am booked in for another in December and it's a 3 month wait for the appointment.

I once went for, and got a job, but they didn't know I had tattoo's. First day in the job I rolled back my sleeves and they said "They are going to be a problem" from then on they made life difficult. Basically if anyone judges you by a tattoo it's them that have a problem.

Thats the flip answer, but its not true - its still you who is left with the problem. Tatts dont bother me, imo most of them are chavvy, but they dont bother me as an individual. Would I hire somebody who had visable tatts for any kind of customer facing or responsible job? probably not because many people dont like them and why take the hassle when you can find someone else who doesnt.

Edited by buctootim

I once went for, and got a job, but they didn't know I had tattoo's. First day in the job I rolled back my sleeves and they said "They are going to be a problem" from then on they made life difficult. So be warned, even with Tattoo's being more mainstream they do effect peoples attitudes towards you. Saying that it's only a small minority these days and basically if anyone judges you by a tattoo it's them that have a problem.

A good tattoo artist will look at your ideas and draw you up your own thing around your ideas.

In general the more expensive and the longer the wait to get in the chair, the better the artist. I am booked in for another in December and it's a 3 month wait for the appointment.

So doesn't that make it your problem?

SS, I'd also say don't do it. A small tattoo is one thing, but a whole sleeve is a different matter altogether. That's not something you can simply cover up in later life.

SS, I'd also say don't do it. A small tattoo is one thing, but a whole sleeve is a different matter altogether. That's not something you can simply cover up in later life.

You are overlooking the amputation option. HTH

Thats the flip answer, but its not true - its still you who is left with the problem. Tatts dont bother me, imo most of them are chavvy, but they dont bother me as an individual. Would I hire somebody who had visable tatts for any kind of customer facing or responsible job?, probably not because many people dont like them and why take the hassle when you kind someone else who doesnt.

Understand what you mean but it doesn't mean a person with Tattoo's doesn't work as hard or be a conscious worker. I have worked with kids in a professional capacity and currently in a voluntary way. I haven't had any problems with the kids or the parents. I am in my forties though and I would say if you are twenty years or so younger don't do it where they can be more easily seen.

Edited by NorthamSaint

herbert_hoffmann.jpg

he appears to be happy though. do what you want fella, you only live once apparently. I have two tattoos, a cross about 1cm across on my arm and a heart/rose with mrs h's name on my arse; the only people likely to see that one are mrs h, medical professionals and pervs in a changing room, none of whom's opinions i give a fiddler's fart about and neither should you imho.

weirdo ;-)

id say get the shoulder / upper arm done and then think about extending to a full sleve if you still feel you want that, as that is more extreme

Edited by Jonnyboy

I think you've got the right idea, a Tattoo should be personal to you and in some ways should reflect what you've achieved in your life so far and any aspirations you have left. Good luck, i've always wanted a Tattoo but never seem a scheme or design that i liked enough to base one on for myself.

Understand what you mean but it doesn't mean a person with Tattoo's doesn't work as hard or be a conscious worker. I have worked with kids in a professional capacity and currently in a voluntary way. I haven't had any problems with the kids or the parents. I am in my forties though and I would say if you are twenty years or so younger don't do it where they can be more easily seen.

I must admit I find it's preferable to be conscious at work as opposed to being unconscious...;)