Oh, Fonte....

ToreSF

Fonte looked to be one player who could cut it in the Premiership but the in the tail-end of the season has cost us too many points. Blackpool, P-mp-y, Reading, Boro - very poor performances from Fonte and from those games we got 1pt from 12. If we go up he needs replacing.

This is not the time to start finding scapegoats. Fonte has his weaknesses like any other player and they are being exposed. Every player is flawed and he is going trhrough a poor run of form. How about the crucial challenge to stop them scoring in the first half?

How about Fox and Hammond's ability to keep giving the ball away in crucial moments.

FFS get a grip and get behind him.

It was a crap piece of defending, but no-one on Sky mentioned the fact that Jutiewicz (can't be arsed to check the spelling) had his left hand grabbing Jose's shirt. Bizarrely, players get away with more shirt pulling in the Premiership than in the Championship, so when we get there (and we will) the type of foul given today probably won't be next season. Jose is still quality in my opinion.

Fonte

is not good enough for this team shouted very loud indeed.

Having said that nor is Davies who was a million miles from the middle of the goal and about two hundred people in the pub were screaming at him to cover the goal more central but he didn't, very poor goalkeeping indeed he musty be dropped it happens continuously poor poor goalkeeping very poor - drop him from a great height. So really really annoyed with the bad performance by the back line. The defence is very poor indeed ............

Fonte has really lost his form in the last few months. He's not turned into a bad player overnight that's for sure.

He seems to have lost some of his strengeth and is getting turned way too easily, which is then causing him to give away stupid fouls like today.

I'm not surpised to see the usual drama queens saying ''Get him out of the club'', but let's get a grip. He is on a bad patch of form, but luckily it shouldn't cost us. He'll play in the premier league next season, but CB is still an area we need more depth.

In the first half I was LOL'ing at those who have been slating Fonte, he was excellent! One goal-saving block in the 6yd box and he looked composed and in complete control. No blame attaching to him for the first goal and TBF we looked all over the shop defensively in the second half. Yes it was a silly foul to concede and yes it was an expensive mistake! But I don't see people steaming into Lambert or Lallana or Sharp despite the fact we only scored once in a game we dominated for long periods.

I really hate this slating of the players! Saints the last two seasons have given me as much football pleasure as I've ever had (and I'm 50!), we've had an honest bunch of pros giving their all at THE LEVEL THAT THEY PLAY! Indeed you could argue, certainly in this league, that we have 'over-achieved'.

More fool people that think we can move the bulk of a L1 side into the Premiership ... we can't, as the last few weeks have shown and I'm pretty sure we won't try to.

Fonte is no better and no worse than half a dozen other players; whatever will be will be but let's stay behind the boys for one more game!!!!

Start with Martin end of.....................And Bart.........I'm sick em both........Fonte and Davies

Yeah, I'm sick of them to. In fact I'm sick of this entire team for getting us on the brink of back to back promotions.

Sack the lot of them.

Get a grip man and be slightly more focused on the obvious issues............

I've got a grip and I'm focused on the bigger picture, rather than the last few weeks. As if we get it sorted on Saturday then the bigger picture is that this team has got us to the premier league.

They have all been superb this year to get us to the position we are in. Criticism is fine, but getting ''sick'' of players that have contributed to our rise through the leagues is moronic.

Davies was actually so far from the centre of the goal that I was chatting to him in West End when the free kick was taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said the season was going well and what a lovely day then asked me what the score was.............

Davies was actually so far from the centre of the goal that I was chatting to him in West End when the free kick was taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said the season was going well and what a lovely day then asked me what the score was.............

'Captain' Chris?

I wouldn't trust you with the bibs 'n' cones.

I've been saying this for months but got shouted down around Christmas time for daring to question our defensive hero. He has not been good all season people are finally waking up to it.

I thought you were with the posh totty in Harrogate? Has she nodded off? (just like Jose did LOL)!

you did it again. We need a new central defender for next season. Most important position to strengthen, imo.

What a load of rubbish.

I believe Jose has missed 4 league games this season. Do you want to play without him ?

Defeat against Bristol (0-1), Defeat again Seaweed (0-3), a 3-0 win against Forest where we played against 10 men for a hour and Defeat against Leicester (0-2).

The first foul yesterday was by the Boro player, but imo the Referee was there to make sure Sky TV had a choice of games to show next Saturday (the "sending off" (sic) proved that). Now they can select either a Play-Off game or a Promotion game.

I have slept on this to see whether I have another perspective on it the morning after. I don't.

The three reasons for us leaving that match are

1) It was on the television, the kiss of death yet again.

2) Their player should have been sent off for a clear second foul on Lallana, who was just ready to pull the trigger with a good chance of scoring. The referee bottled it.

3) Jose Fonte.

Fonte's stupidity was a major factor in us losing that match and the full implications of that are yet to be seen. If we fail to gain promotion, then there is potential for this to be seen as a defining incident.

It isn't the first time that he has given away unecessary free kicks right on the edge of the box which have resulted in us being punished by a goal. When is he going to learn that sensible, intelligent and skilled defenders don't give away stupid free kicks in those sorts of areas, especially when there is another defender as cover right beside him and the attacking player was going nowhere?

If it can be made clear that he has to erase this tactic from his game, then he might still have a future at this club. Otherwise, I'm afraid that we can't afford to be at the mercy of Premiership strikers with a CB who has to cheat to clear any danger. As it stands, in that match he has let down his team mates and us.