Advise Please,incident yesterday.

mirrorcarp

Serious enquiry mirrorcarp.

I'm very pleased common sense has prevailed - does this mean hip flasks( containing alcahol ) are allowed in the ground or did the club say we will let you off this time but no more hip flasks ?

Those cold winter nights will be here very soon.

I think its fair to say that hip flasks containing anything are not a good idea.Scones however are fine.

You might have done nothing that you consider wrong but the owner of the flask has committed a crime, you want your ticket back, name and shame, that's my advice to you.

National Legislation

The Government has introduced a series of legislative measures to combat hooliganism. The following

types of behaviour have been made a criminal offence:

 Entering a stadium when drunk or in possession of alcohol

 Possession of a firework, flare or other pyrotechnical device

Possession of alcohol on trains and/or coaches when travelling to a football match

 Throwing any object at or towards the pitch or spectator areas

 Entering the pitch without lawful excuse

 Indecent or racist chanting

 Ticket touting

Those of us who travel to a football match by boat are pleased to read we are not covered by the legislation.

What an odd law - I wonder which bright spark thought that one up.

I assume that one about the trains is just so that if some idiot gets ******ed and causes trouble, they have something to pin on him easily. Would like to think they'd never enforce it if you're just having a can with your mates on the way to a game.

That said, I don't suppose the "no drinking in sight of the pitch" law was designed to allow stewards to throw out somebody taking a couple of sips from a hip-flask.

It always makes me laugh when you can take a bottle in but not the top.

I don't think that's the case anymore. We usually take bottles of Coke in with us (£2 for 2, about half the price of one at St Mary's), and the Stewards doing the bag search have never had a problem with it.

National Legislation

The Government has introduced a series of legislative measures to combat hooliganism.

 Possession of alcohol on trains and/or coaches when travelling to a football match

This has been the law since the 1980's so why are people surprised by this.

Well for all of you that have followed the thread i thought i would come on and give you the outcome.

Jury Verdict ......... NOT GUILTY

I am free to go ,ticket returned so there is no need to protest on sunday with your "Free the hipflask 1" tee shirts.

I will keep the details private but all i will say is that the people at the club that have dealt with the matter have been superb to me

and been very fair.

So if anyone would like to shake my hand i will be with the noisy,roudy, drunken mob having it large in the stadium on sunday.

UP THE SAINTS

Genuinely happy for you mate!

Did the honesty approach work?

Being serious for a minute. My advise for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation is bite your lip, don't react, stay calm and co operate. Its hard to do but you gotta see the bigger picture.

Remember mist things are on CCTV so if you have been treated harshly as I believe I was you will be ok.,and for the record there has not been any dobbin in.

Being serious for a minute. My advise for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation is bite your lip, don't react, stay calm and co operate. Its hard to do but you gotta see the bigger picture.

Remember mist things are on CCTV so if you have been treated harshly as I believe I was you will be ok.,and for the record there has not been any dobbin in.

Just to clarify. You say "not guilty" -does that mean that the club agreed that you were not drinking alcohol? Or, was this a case of you admitting a fair cop and pleading for leniency?

The only way to prove somebody is drinking alcohol is to confiscate said item unless of course its obviously a can of beer or something.I used the term not guilty because it felt like i was on trial waiting for a verdict.

Its quite interesting though which is why this thread has had so many posts. Would this have happened had i took a swig from an evian bottle laced with vodka. Other people have stated on here that bottle tops are often not removed.

At the end of the day, right or wrong the only way to be sure is stick to the £4 plastic bottles of carling that we all love so much and drink em in the concourse, thats certainly what i will be doing from now on.

The only way to prove somebody is drinking alcohol is to confiscate said item unless of course its obviously a can of beer or something.I used the term not guilty because it felt like i was on trial waiting for a verdict.

Its quite interesting though which is why this thread has had so many posts. Would this have happened had i took a swig from an evian bottle laced with vodka. Other people have stated on here that bottle tops are often not removed.

At the end of the day, right or wrong the only way to be sure is stick to the £4 plastic bottles of carling that we all love so much and drink em in the concourse, thats certainly what i will be doing from now on.

The assembled faithful of TSW are usually prepared to tattle about everything and anything, whether it concerns them or not, whether they know anything about the subject or not most of us always have something to say, like a few old Grans in the snug bar of your average public house.::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The assembled faithful of TSW are usually prepared to tattle about everything and anything, whether it concerns them or not, whether they know anything about the subject or not most of us always have something to say, like a few old Grans in the snug bar of your average public house.::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes its all new to me this internet chatting. Glasgow Saint wants to be my friend,can someone tell me what this means. Ive never had an internet friend before , should i be worried. Im sure hes a very nice chap and all but i hardly know him..........

Glad to hear you were found not guilty and you believe there was no dobbing in. I met a guy today who knows of you and the people who sit close by. He wouldn't' mention any names but he over heard the guy with the long hair who waves it back like the women on the silverkrin hairspray advert saying, he should get a ban, then there would be more room as the big guy takes up too much space. He said something about a bear but this guy reconed he was just big bugger.

The guy with the really white trainers agreed, he was fedup standing in the aisle. there is also a bloke who looks mental and is on loads of medication.He is always doing hand gestures and is not sure wether they are at you or the players, but i don, t think any of out players are wayne kerrs so i who knows.

I think you were set up and actually the people who sit near you take this pee behind your back. Oh well enjoy the same Sunday. And enjoy your £4 bottle of pish. Just because you have sat with them for years don, t make them your mates.

Yes its all new to me this internet chatting. Glasgow Saint wants to be my friend,can someone tell me what this means. Ive never had an internet friend before , should i be worried. Im sure hes a very nice chap and all but i hardly know him..........

Have you heard of dogging? Be afraid, be very afraid

Glad to hear you were found not guilty and you believe there was no dobbing in. I met a guy today who knows of you and the people who sit close by. He wouldn't' mention any names but he over heard the guy with the long hair who waves it back like the women on the silverkrin hairspray advert saying, he should get a ban, then there would be more room as the big guy takes up too much space. He said something about a bear but this guy reconed he was just big bugger.

The guy with the really white trainers agreed, he was fedup standing in the aisle. there is also a bloke who looks mental and is on loads of medication.He is always doing hand gestures and is not sure wether they are at you or the players, but i don, t think any of out players are wayne kerrs so i who knows.

I think you were set up and actually the people who sit near you take this pee behind your back. Oh well enjoy the same Sunday. And enjoy your £4 bottle of pish. Just because you have sat with them for years don, t make them your mates.

I was chatting to the guy on medication on saturday just as the flask came into view.He was popping prosac pills like smarties and kept winking at me. Very suspicous. Im now worried it could of been one of those date rape type concoctions,will have to keep a close eye on him sunday.;)

I was chatting to the guy on medication on saturday just as the flask came into view.He was popping prosac pills like smarties and kept winking at me. Very suspicous. Im now worried it could of been one of those date rape type concoctions,will have to keep a close eye on him sunday.;)

Dear Nicola,

I think I've sussed the culprit who brought the flask in and passed it to the one known as 'mirrorcarp'.

As soon as I know more I'll be in touch...

:lol: :lol:

Its okay he trys it on with everyone ignore him and he'll go away !

Its okay he trys it on with everyone ignore him and he'll go away !

So you will be drinking an evian bottle laced with vodka before the game this week will you?

Washed down by a £4 plastic bottles of carling that we all love at half time?

Theres more to life, put down the bottle FFS

The assembled faithful of TSW are usually prepared to tattle about everything and anything, whether it concerns them or not, whether they know anything about the subject or not most of us always have something to say, like a few old Grans in the snug bar of your average public house.:

And this instance will be no exception, I am concerned by mirrorcarps agressive and anti social behaviour and his f*ck them all, deny all knowledge, drink at all costs and to hell with the law attitude.

I have been keeping regular dialogue with Mark Long at SMS and he is concerned by this pattern of behaviour from a minority who seem intent on spoiling the matchday experience for all.

If they think they have just a couple of jobsworth stewards to worry about on Sunday, they are going to have QUITE the surprise.

So you will be drinking an evian bottle laced with vodka before the game this week will you?

And this instance will be no exception, I am concerned by mirrorcarps agressive and anti social behaviour and his f*ck them all, deny all knowledge, drink at all costs and to hell with the law attitude.

I have been keeping regular dialogue with Mark Long at SMS and he is concerned by this pattern of behaviour from a minority who seem intent on spoiling the matchday experience for all.

If they think they have just a couple of jobsworth stewards to worry about on Sunday, they are going to have QUITE the surprise.

Jesus were you bullied at school or just a natural grass?

"In a fit of jealousy man post ridiculous allegations against poster after failing to get a friend request from Glasgow saint"

'mirrorcarp' - have a few swigs for GP (RIP) at the next game. Always knew you lot as 'Gord's Mob'. I'm sure it's going to take a fair while to get over this one. Hang in there mate and regards to everyone you go to the games with. Still can't believe it...

Cheers, Rut

'mirrorcarp' - have a few swigs for GP (RIP) at the next game. Always knew you lot as 'Gord's Mob'. I'm sure it's going to take a fair while to get over this one. Hang in there mate and regards to everyone you go to the games with. Still can't believe it...

Cheers, Rut

Thanks mate.

None of the gang doing too well to be honest,we are all absolutely bloody devastated. Dunno if you read this thread but when them stewards threw me out that was the last time i ever saw him so missed our last ever after match pint.There will be a great big saints crest made of red and white flowers next friday to see him off.

Hope you and lisa are doing ok.

The saints have lost another special fan,

For those of you curious we are talking about the legend that was Truckasaurus on the Skate takeover thread ,sadly passed 6th october aged 47.

Sorry to hear that.

I met a hilarious bloke called Gord on the Pompey bubble bus. Kept singing about the bay city rollers. He stuck in the memory which is why I'm curious.

Thats him. He was always the life and soul and everyone that met him would remember him. Loud and boisterous he could drive you mad but he had a heart of gold. Football will never quite be the same again for our group. 25 years watching the saints together he will leave a huge hole.

We only met him that once but I can tell you all the lads I was with that day will be genuinely gutted to hear that.

He was a bloody legend on that bus in both directions! The bay city rollers song has stuck with us and we've sung it at a few away games. I also remember him throwing bits of his kebab at the baying Pompey crowds shouting "you look hungry you dirty skate b*******!", was probably funnier at the time than written down!

We were gutted about the result but spent the entire bus home laughing our heads off because of him, which is why he's stuck in the memory so strongly.

Remember it well badger. I think the fact that you remember him so well says it all really. I have so many memories of the hundreds of games we did together. The bay city rollers song, that always makes me smile. Watching the saints is so much more than just football isnt it. You and your crowd have a drink for him next game,he d like that.

Sorry to hear that.

I met a hilarious bloke called Gord on the Pompey bubble bus. Kept singing about the bay city rollers. He stuck in the memory which is why I'm curious.

B-A-Y

B-A-Y

B-A-Y-C-I-T-Y

with an R-O double-L E-R-S

Bay City Rollers are the best!

Only Gord could get away with singing that. Quality song. Details of his funeral here (Red 'n' White flowers are requested):

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/announcements/deaths/deaths/10732592.GORDON_PITMAN/

mirrorcarp - can't believe the last time you saw him was as you were getting chucked out. If it had been Gord with the hipflask the steward would prob have come over with a bottle of brandy and said 'excuse me sir, do you need a top up?'.

B-A-Y

B-A-Y

B-A-Y-C-I-T-Y

with an R-O double-L E-R-S

Bay City Rollers are the best!

Only Gord could get away with singing that. Quality song. Details of his funeral here (Red 'n' White flowers are requested):

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/announcements/deaths/deaths/10732592.GORDON_PITMAN/

mirrorcarp - can't believe the last time you saw him was as you were getting chucked out. If it had been Gord with the hipflask the steward would prob have come over with a bottle of brandy and said 'excuse me sir, do you need a top up?'.

Hey rut are you able to get over for the funeral,would be nice to see you. That place will be heaving, Salmon Leap for drinks and a good cry after. Lee

Hey rut are you able to get over for the funeral,would be nice to see you. That place will be heaving, Salmon Leap for drinks and a good cry after. Lee

I'd love to catch up with a lot of people (who I know will be there) but I'd much rather do that under different circumstances. I'll raise a glass or 2 from over here.

Def have a few at a Saints' game next time I'm over. I'll bring the bottle of water to pass around when the stewards ain't looking. You going to put anything (ie a reef of flowers) on his seat at the next home game?