Saints Fans Euro 2016

GaleLeTissier

I'll be going, will be guaranteed tickets through the England Supporters Club.

I go with about 3 or 4 Saints fans normally to the away matches. But know about 20 saints fans, who I have met on my travels following England who go regularly. Most of them will all be in Italy at the end of the month for the friendly in Turin and all intend on doing France.

To be guaranteed tickets for the Euros, realistically you wanted to join the supporters club about 2 years ago. As well as doing most home / away games. However you might get lucky in the England Supporters Club ballot if you become a member or the UEFA lottery.

I hope to go to Bordeaux, but not if England are playing there.

I went to see a world cup match in Toulouse with a mate, and we were going to go on the lash and sleep it off on the car, but all the bars were closing early because England had a game there in two days time. No fun.

I'll be heading over in a camper van to follow the whole tournament. Planning on having my stag do there which I hope will see about 50 odd Southampton p*** heads heading over with me for a few days of my trip. All depends on where England are playing their group games. Oh, and when we set the date for our wedding actually...

I imagine 100k+ English will head over there. Zero chance of getting a ticket, just go for the laugh/ drink. Great memories of doing the same in Germany 2006, 6 of us in a 4 berth motorhome staying under a Autobahn flyover for 5 days in Cologne with a few thousand other English with trips to Amsterdam on route there and back as well. The 2 lads next to us in Freedom Town (Scarface reference) were from Barnsley and staying in a battered old Ford Transit with a mattress in the back, both students who got credit cards and were staying in Germany until the money ran out. Irresponsible as **** but memories that'll last a lifetime, anyway thanks to the Germans we got knocked out nice and early so no doubt they stayed well in their limit :-). For a pair of Northerners they couldn't drink for s*** though.

I'd encourage any young single (or, like me, someone with an understanding missus) lad to get over there somehow.

I'm planning on heading over with a few mates - as people have said no chance of a ticket, but looking forward to the atmosphere of the fan parks ect. From my experience public transport in France is brilliant - so it shouldn't be too hard getting around. Just hope England give us something to shout about!!

I went for all of Germany 2006 ... mainly camped with a few hotel stops to break it up.

Also go to most other England games when I can. Will be in Turin end of the month & probably Slovenia, Ireland, San Marino. Undecided on Lithuania.

Will be in France - not decided how I'm going to do it yet. Prob go back/forth for the specific games I want/can get to rather than repeat Germany (spent a fortune on that one).

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the big tournaments with fans travelling en masse, get every man and his dog there making hotels a premium and far too many dimwits doing England away nowdays, give me a hard to get euro qualifier somewhere like Belarus over a summer tournament any day.

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of the big tournaments with fans travelling en masse, get every man and his dog there making hotels a premium and far too many dimwits doing England away nowdays, give me a hard to get euro qualifier somewhere like Belarus over a summer tournament any day.

Presumably you'll be in Slovenia and Lithuania then ;-)

I hope to go to Bordeaux, but not if England are playing there.

I went to see a world cup match in Toulouse with a mate, and we were going to go on the lash and sleep it off on the car, but all the bars were closing early because England had a game there in two days time. No fun.

Hi Keith

Where are you based? I'm just north of Beziers....

Embarassing when the mirror smashed, I'll bet!

Checked the cost of flights as I rather fancy Turin and could stay with a friend there, but flights are extortionate.

Should be able to get something cheap enough into Milan, no?

I tried Malpensa and Linate and still expensive; haven't tried Bergamo yet!

Look on Skyscanner. Not sure what you consider expensive :) (or where you would want to fly from)

30/3

14:50 LHR

1 stop HAM

20:20 MXP

1/4

14:25 BGY

2h 10 Direct

15:35 STN

£143.

I'll be there watching Northern Ireland if we qualify. (Already travelled to Budapest, Athens & Bucharest this campaign.) If we beat Finland in Belfast this month we'll have one foot in the finals. Happy days!