Gay Premier Leauge players?

W9Saint

Thanks for conclusively proving that you are a nutcase.

I assume you know the meaning of the word stereotype and have a basic grasp of statistics. My point was that all male cabin crew are not gay and you have dug up a statistic (well it was one persons guestimate but if it is good enough for the great CB Fry it is good enough for me) which proved my point. If that makes me a nutcase in your world then maybe you need to reappraise your own position here as the abitur of what passes for sanity?

Oh and by the way, I think it is really sweet the way that you constantly feel the need to bail Hypo out. You would make a really good tag team although I am still not sure if you are the same person or not.

I assume you know the meaning of the word stereotype and have a basic grasp of statistics. My point was that all male cabin crew are not gay and you have dug up a statistic (well it was one persons guestimate but if it is good enough for the great CB Fry it is good enough for me) which proved my point. If that makes me a nutcase in your world then maybe you need to reappraise your own position here as the abitur of what passes for sanity?

Oh and by the way, I think it is really sweet the way that you constantly feel the need to bail Hypo out. You would make a really good tag team although I am still not sure if you are the same person or not.

SOG, where has Hypo said that? I think that's where the issue is. I would probably say the majority of male stewards on flights are gay.

Where did I mention anything about cabin crew you fruitcake! Find where I said that! I said nothing about cabin crew you mentalist, you're the one who invented that in your own strange mind. And of course gay people are different from heterosexual people. They like members of the same sex, that's an obvious difference.

Earlier in this thread you said that there was a large gay scene in Brighton and that was because of the gay cabin crew fraternity. You seem determined to cast gay people as something apart from the rest of us who I presume you see as "normal." Apart from me of course who you have labelled a fruitcake and a mentalist. You seem to like to categorise people don't you? You have done it throughout this thread. You make huge assumptions about why people live where they do and where they feel most comfortable. You got quite worked up about the hate crime statistics and asked several times what the definition was. Why was that? Was it because in the world of Hypo there isn't any discrimination against gay people and they are clearly making it up? Despite the fact that some professional footballers have said that there are a number of gay footballers who don't want to come out because they are worried about the reaction, but you don't agree with that because you have decided there isn't any discrimination and they have nothing to worry about. Yes Unbelievable Jeff, I have read Hypos responses and I don't happen to agree with what he says. The gay people that I know live the same kind of life that we all do, they just happen to chose a different partner. I don't know for sure but I would imagine that scene is played out in Bradford and Luton and any other town, city or village that you care to mention. To the best of my knowledge none of the gay people I know have a burning desire to pack up and move to Brighton or Soho because they will be more accepted there. Perhaps some people do? My daughter goes to Uni in Brighton and I spend a lot of time there. Most of the people I come across are from Sussex strangely enough. That is not to say that there aren't any people there from Luton or Bradford, but probably not enough to set up their own ghetto yet ;)

no asnwer

cheers anyway

Oh dear.....okay I haven't been to Luton in years and have never been to Bradford but I have no reason to believe that there are not people who happen to be gay in either place and that they find acceptance and non acceptance in much the same way that they find it in other places across the country. Unless you are going to tell me that they have all packed their bags, taken jobs as cabin crew with BA at Gatwick and settled into digs in Brighton?

This day is getting worse. Apart from a thumping headache from over indulgence at a Halloween party last night I now have to apologise to Hypo! Argh!

Okay Hypo, it wasnt you who made the remark about Brighton having a large gay population due to cabin crew, it was Lighthouse. I confused your comments about the anti gay chants against Brighton supporters with Lighthouse's comments about cabin crew and apologise unreservedly. I am clearly a fruitcake and a mentalist and CB Fry was right along.

This day is getting worse. Apart from a thumping headache from over indulgence at a Halloween party last night I now have to apologise to Hypo! Argh!

Okay Hypo, it wasnt you who made the remark about Brighton having a large gay population due to cabin crew, it was Lighthouse. I confused your comments about the anti gay chants against Brighton supporters with Lighthouse's comments about cabin crew and apologise unreservedly. I am clearly a fruitcake and a mentalist and CB Fry was right along.

Stopped clocks n that.

Who needs to be told that not all male cabin crew are gay? Who are you talking to?

And I think you have a weaker grasp of statistics than me, sweetheart. The anecdotal 60% rate from that article represents are gigantic over index versus the population as a whole which is somewhere around 5-7%. But hey you know statistics, dontcha.

Edited by CB Fry

Who needs to be told that not all male cabin crew are gay? Who are you talking to?

And I think you have a weaker grasp of statistics than me, sweetheart. Even on the anecdotal 60% rate from that article represents are gigantic over index versus the population as a whole which is somewhere around 5-7%. But hey you know statistics, dontcha.

You have been watching too many Robert de Niro films chum. I am talking to you. I made a point that not all male cabin crew were gay and that it was a lazy stereotype which prompted the usual cr*p p*ss take from yourself. Given your figures (that we agree are nowhere near scientific) I would happily argue that if just over half of male cabin crew employees are gay it is still a lazy stereotype.

People don't 'resort' to homosexuality

I lived with a lesbian couple once, since then they have split. One is now happily married to a man and the other is now happily married to a woman. People can "resort" to whatever the want at the time, in this instance being gay for one of the couple was a lifestyle choice.

At the same time as this I was working with a bloke was was gay, you would have never even considered him to be remotely gay in stereotypical terms, he was just a regular straight up guy who happened to be gay. He absolutely hated the self inflicted stereotypes, the manufactured camp accents, the teapots etc, it was the main reason he largely stayed in the closet, only confiding with friends etc.

I lived with a lesbian couple once, since then they have split. One is now happily married to a man and the other is now happily married to a woman. People can "resort" to whatever the want at the time, in this instance being gay for one of the couple was a lifestyle choice.

At the same time as this I was working with a bloke was was gay, you would have never even considered him to be remotely gay in stereotypical terms, he was just a regular straight up guy who happened to be gay. He absolutely hated the self inflicted stereotypes, the manufactured camp accents, the teapots etc, it was the main reason he largely stayed in the closet, only confiding with friends etc.

Some people are 99% straight and 1% gay, some the reverse and most somewhere in between.

Most predjudice / bigotry is against outward culture and behaviour rather than race or sexuality. A black UK born, private school educated lawyer is far less likely to experience racism than a recent immigrant who dresses and speaks differently. Its the same with camp behaviour.

You have been watching too many Robert de Niro films chum. I am talking to you. I made a point that not all male cabin crew were gay and that it was a lazy stereotype which prompted the usual cr*p p*ss take from yourself. Given your figures (that we agree are nowhere near scientific) I would happily argue that if just over half of male cabin crew employees are gay it is still a lazy stereotype.

Where have I said that all male cabin crew are gay? Show me. In fact show anyone on this thread saying it.

You've tied yourself in a right knot on this thread, screaming homophobia at people making utterly anodyne and perfectly true points - there are gay-friendly communities in various parts of the country but you seem to object to that idea, there are jobs with a much higher proportion of homosexuals than other jobs, like cabin crew which, as a statistical expert like what you are can see is where you are, say, ten times more likely to encounter a homosexual than in the general population.

Why you see this as some expression of homophobia is your problem, but you might need to start accepting reality.

Yesterday I witnessed a hate crime that I think would warrant the perpetrators a five year stretch at HMP Parkhurst.

I've decided not to report it or take any decisive action about it now, but I am planning to use it to make a pompous point while grandstanding in a debate on a football forum in a few years time. Have I done the right thing?

If there ever is a time when you decide to change your routine and address some issue properly on here then you MIGHT just come within spitting distance of 'doing the right thing' for once. Needless to say no one will be holding their breath waiting for that to happen ...

But if you some have/any reason why I should take what the likes of you think about prejudice ahead of those who are in a position to actually know what they are talking about then lets see it.

If there ever is a time when you decide to change your routine and address some issue properly on here then you MIGHT just come within spitting distance of 'doing the right thing' for once. Needless to say no one will be holding their breath waiting for that to happen ...

But if you some have/any reason why I should take what the likes of you think about prejudice ahead of those who are in a position to actually know what they are talking about then lets see it.

Would you mind explaining who "the likes of me" are?

And do tell me what the likes of me "think about prejudice" because I'd wager you haven't got a fu cking clue what I think.

I see you still haven't shown me where I mentioned anything to do with cabin crew???

Earlier in this thread you said that there was a large gay scene in Brighton and that was because of the gay cabin crew fraternity. You seem determined to cast gay people as something apart from the rest of us who I presume you see as "normal." Apart from me of course who you have labelled a fruitcake and a mentalist. You seem to like to categorise people don't you? You have done it throughout this thread. You make huge assumptions about why people live where they do and where they feel most comfortable. You got quite worked up about the hate crime statistics and asked several times what the definition was. Why was that? Was it because in the world of Hypo there isn't any discrimination against gay people and they are clearly making it up? Despite the fact that some professional footballers have said that there are a number of gay footballers who don't want to come out because they are worried about the reaction, but you don't agree with that because you have decided there isn't any discrimination and they have nothing to worry about. Yes Unbelievable Jeff, I have read Hypos responses and I don't happen to agree with what he says. The gay people that I know live the same kind of life that we all do, they just happen to chose a different partner. I don't know for sure but I would imagine that scene is played out in Bradford and Luton and any other town, city or village that you care to mention. To the best of my knowledge none of the gay people I know have a burning desire to pack up and move to Brighton or Soho because they will be more accepted there. Perhaps some people do? My daughter goes to Uni in Brighton and I spend a lot of time there. Most of the people I come across are from Sussex strangely enough. That is not to say that there aren't any people there from Luton or Bradford, but probably not enough to set up their own ghetto yet ;)

Where did I say that? Show me where I said there was a large gay scene in Brighton because of the gay cabin crew fraternity? You just invented it. When you can't find me saying that (because I didn't say it) then come back and apologise for being utterly and completely wrong.

Just seen this. Nothing at all to do with me and you've made yourself look pretty foolish.

Would you mind explaining who "the likes of me" are?

And do tell me what the likes of me "think about prejudice" because I'd wager you haven't got a fu cking clue what I think.

I really don't think you have anything worthwhile, or even remotely interesting, to say on this subject at all. But if I'm wrong in that then stun me with your acumen. Then you can answer the question and explain why anyone should take your opinion on the scale of prejudice LGBT people experience ahead of what they themselves report.

I really don't think you have anything worthwhile, or even remotely interesting, to say on this subject at all. But if I'm wrong in that then stun me with your acumen. Then you can answer the question and explain why anyone should take your opinion on the scale of prejudice LGBT people experience ahead of what they themselves report.

Basically this thread is you making up totally false positions and pretending other people have said things when they've said nothing of the sort.

Like this:

. However, this picture some on here are seeking to paint of our society being a supremely tolerant and utterly safe place for minority groups to express themselves in would appear to be a debatable one at best.

No one is painting that picture. No one. At all.

You, and SOG are both trawling about desperate to be outraged and to grandstand about how everyone else is all awfully prejudiced and everything but, like, you're definitely not. Just pathetic.

And let's not forget your ludicrous claims about friends that should be in Parkhurst right now.

I've never, ever been on the company of anyone who warrants a five year stretch in Parkhurst but you apparently have with not one but two people, for hate crimes to boot.

And you're the one lecturing me. Let me know when you've acted on your superior principles and shopped your mates to the old bill. Otherwise you're just as bad as they are. I look forward to seeing them in court.

If anyone genuinely thinks the UK has an issue with homophobia they really need to give their head a wobble.

Even somewhere like Stoke has a decent gay scene and it's really not known as a liberal bastion. That said, most prefer going to Manchester or Birmingham as they scene in those cities are bigger and more vibrant.

Gay people like going to places with big gay scenes you say? Who knew!!

Gay people like going to places with big gay scenes you say? Who knew!!

Yep, lets tar all gay people with the same brush again shall we Hypo. I say that because several of the gay people I know avoid "the gay scene" like the plague. But then again they are not like "normal" people are they?

Gay people buy there groceries in the same supermarket that I do. Gay people by their clothes in the same shops that I do. Gay people drink in the same pubs that I do. Gay people eat in the same restaurants that I eat in. Who knew?

Edited by sadoldgit

Meanwhile... Any news on gay footballers about to come out and is it the right thing to do ??

:mcinnes:

Yes I think it is the right thing to do at the moment. There is clearly an issue in football that is making it difficult for gay footballers to be open about who they are. While it shouldn't make any difference, it does. Once players start coming out and fronting the morons on the terraces that still think it is funny to chant at Brighton supporters for living in a "gay town" the sooner we can all grow up and move on. I don't I don't agree with those who think it isn't brave to come out. To have your private life splashed all over the media might be fine for some (the Jordan's of this world) but I cant think of anything worse and Im am sure that there are many players who would rather have their exploits on the field in the papers rather than what they do behind closed doors. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what we think, it is a bigger issue for the gay footballers themselves and they need to determine how they deal with the problem. To say that there isn't an issue is just head in sand time. If it wasn't gay footballers would have come out years ago.

Edited by sadoldgit

Yes it is the right thing to do at the moment. There is clearly an issue in football that is making it difficult for gay footballers to be open about who they are. While it shouldn't make any difference, it does. Once players start coming out and fronting the morons on the terraces that still think it is funny to chant at Brighton supporters for living in a "gay town" the sooner we can all grow up and move on. I don't I don't agree with those who think it isn't brave to come out. To have your private life splashed all over the media might be fine for some (the Jordan's of this world) but I cant think of anything worse and Im am sure that there are many players who would rather have their exploits on the field in the papers rather than what they do behind closed doors. But at the end of the day it doesn't matter what we think, it is a bigger issue for the gay footballers themselves and they need to determine how they deal with the problem. To say that there isn't an issue is just head in sand time. If it wasn't gay footballers would have come out years ago.

I totally agree with these statements in bold, yes it's going to take some brave souls to do it and yes, there is an issue but I am convinced that it'll settle very quickly after it happens !

Yep, lets tar all gay people with the same brush again shall we Hypo. I say that because several of the gay people I know avoid "the gay scene" like the plague. But then again they are not like "normal" people are they?

Gay people buy there groceries in the same supermarket that I do. Gay people by their clothes in the same shops that I do. Gay people drink in the same pubs that I do. Gay people eat in the same restaurants that I eat in. Who knew?

Again, I didn't say any of that. You would have thought you would have slunk off in embarrassment after your humiliation yesterday but you keep plugging away! I've consistently said I wasn't talking about all gay people and no one has mentioned the word normal so it's another thing you are inventing. Probably best for your own sake that you stop looking for phantom homophobia that doesn't exist and take a break from this topic. You're clearly delusional...

Nice to see that you have taken my apology with your usual lack of class and humility. I guess you never get things wrong eh Hypo?

Seeing as you went on and on and on about that point over three pages trying to make some sort of capital out of what you perceived to be some homophobia remark from me, I feel well within my rights to point out how much of a fool you made yourself look thanks.

My post about cabin crew - rather like your effective plan to deal with isis- was non existent.

Edited by hypochondriac

The problem with you soggy is that you like to invent things that people have said as proof of some sort of bigotry against gay people. Examples of you doing that include "all gays like to live together" "all gays are abnormal" "we haven't seen homophobia so it never happens in Britain." unfortunately for you, other than this post and in your rants no one has said any of these things and the fact you keep wittering on about them makes you look a bit desperate.

The main thing I actually did say that you seemed to take issue with was the very bland statement that heterosexual people were different from gay people in one area because they liked members of the same sex. Why you think that controversial I have no idea, it's a statement of fact.

Edited by hypochondriac

The problem with you soggy is that you like to invent things that people have said as proof of some sort of bigotry against gay people. Examples of you doing that include "all gays like to live together" "all gays are abnormal" "we haven't seen homophobia so it never happens in Britain." unfortunately for you, other than this post and in your rants no one has said any of these things and the fact you keep wittering on about them makes you look a bit desperate.

The main thing I actually did say that you seemed to take issue with was the very bland statement that heterosexual people were different from gay people in one area because they liked members of the same sex. Why you think that controversial I have no idea, it's a statement of fact.

Nice to know that I have a problem! I made one mistake and that was to attribute a quote about gay cabin crew to you. I see no reason why I should slink away in embarrassment. I have apologised for the error and am happy to apologise again if necessary. At no time have I called you homophobic or anti gay or a bigot. What you have done constantly through this thread though is to talk about gap people as if they are somehow different from us "normal folk". You have selected Brighton and Soho as places that you have decided many of them like to live because the feel "more comfortable" with like minded people. No generalisations there then! Frankly if I was gay I would be appalled by some of your comments. I am not at all desperate. I have a point of view and appreciate some may agree and some may disagree. Earlier you said you really don't care. I would say for someone who doesn't care you have expended quite a lot of energy and an element of anger not quite commensurate with someone who doesn't care.

Nice to know that I have a problem! I made one mistake and that was to attribute a quote about gay cabin crew to you. I see no reason why I should slink away in embarrassment. I have apologised for the error and am happy to apologise again if necessary. At no time have I called you homophobic or anti gay or a bigot. What you have done constantly through this thread though is to talk about gap people as if they are somehow different from us "normal folk". You have selected Brighton and Soho as places that you have decided many of them like to live because the feel "more comfortable" with like minded people. No generalisations there then! Frankly if I was gay I would be appalled by some of your comments. I am not at all desperate. I have a point of view and appreciate some may agree and some may disagree. Earlier you said you really don't care. I would say for someone who doesn't care you have expended quite a lot of energy and an element of anger not quite commensurate with someone who doesn't care.

That's utter bilge, I have done nothing of the sort. Please find where I have said gay people are different from "normal folk?" I haven't and you have just invented it. I used Soho and Brighton as examples of where there is a larger than average gay population and I know that some of them have moved there because they view Brighton to be more accepting of their sexuality than other areas (and because they wanted a boyfriend and thought that was a decent place to look.) I know this because I have friends who told me. So not generalisations, no offence caused to anyone homosexual and you have made yourself look silly as you desperately flounder to try to attach things to me that I have never said. I am glad you are leaving this thread alone, please take your falsehoods, inventions and comparisons with nazi tactics (Ffs!) with you.

Edited by hypochondriac

I'm not bothered if a footballer is gay or not . As long as he is a world star in his own right and hopefully playing for Saints

Out of curiosity given the apparent difference between lesbian and Gay

"Gay" refers to anyone - male or female - that is homosexual. "Lesbian" refers to gay women only, should gay men have their own identity just as lesbians do.

Or is everyone okay with lesbian and gay

You, and SOG are both trawling about desperate to be outraged and to grandstand about how everyone else is all awfully prejudiced and everything but, like, you're definitely not. Just pathetic.

And let's not forget your ludicrous claims about friends that should be in Parkhurst right now.

I've never, ever been on the company of anyone who warrants a five year stretch in Parkhurst but you apparently have with not one but two people, for hate crimes to boot. ...

I was asked for examples of the homophobia that I had personally encountered in my working life. I duly obliged with this request, although obviously contributions of this type are bound to be anecdotal in nature. No I did not record on tape what was said.

Now you have the unmitigated gall to come on here I tell me that these conversations and attitudes that I have very good cause to remember vividly did in fact not happen and that I am therefore lying to this forum. Strangely I don't remember you being there when a ex copper of my acquaintance informed me of how he, and some of his colleagues, behaved towards black people back in the 1970's? Neither do I recall your attendance on another occasion when I was told of a common assault being committed on someone suspected of being gay. You weren't even there when all this happened, but nevertheless somehow you just 'know' that these incidents did not happen!

Now you can get away with this crap over the anonymity of a broadband connection you snivelling little coward. You can rest assured however that you certainly wouldn't be speaking to me in this manner were this conversation taking place anywhere in the real world.

It is perhaps one of the great administrative mysteries of this forum exactly why the moderators on here have tolerated your appalling behaviour for so long now when far better contributors than you have been banned for lesser offences than you seem to get way with every bloody day. Do you imagine that there is some shortage of malice in the world that only you can remedy? Are you labouring under the impression that sarcasm has been promoted and is not the 'lowest form of wit' anylonger.

I'm past caring frankly, but some on here might wonder what has made you the hateful piece of work that you are. Perhaps you were just born that way. On the other hand it may be that something in your past has made you turn out like this - it might even be related to the subject we are discussing here for I know. Whatever the underlying reasons behind your obvious character flaws you are undoutably the most miserable excuse for a Human Being it has ever been my misfortune to encounter on here.

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

I was asked for examples of the homophobia that I had personally encountered in my working life. I duly obliged with this request, although obviously contributions of this type are bound to be anecdotal in nature. No I did not record on tape what was said.

Now you have the unmitigated gall to come on here I tell me that these conversations and attitudes that I have very good cause to remember vividly did in fact not happen and that I am therefore lying to this forum. Strangely I don't remember you being there when a ex copper of my acquaintance informed me of how he, and some of his colleagues, behaved towards black people back in the 1970's? Neither do I recall your attendance on another occasion when I was told of a common assault being committed on someone suspected of being gay. You weren't even there when all this happened, but nevertheless somehow you just 'know' that these incidents did not happen!

Now you can get away with this crap over the anonymity of a broadband connection you snivelling little coward. You can rest assured however that you certainly wouldn't be speaking to me in this manner were this conversation taking place anywhere in the real world.

It is perhaps one of the great administrative mysteries of this forum exactly why the moderators on here have tolerated your appalling behaviour for so long now when far better contributors than you have been banned for lesser offences than you seem to get way with every bloody day. Do you imagine that there is some shortage of malice in the world that only you can remedy? Are you labouring under the impression that sarcasm has been promoted and is not the 'lowest form of wit' anylonger.

I'm past caring frankly, but some on here might wonder what has made you the hateful piece of work that you are. Perhaps you were just born that way. On the other hand it may be that something in your past has made you turn out like this - it might even be related to the subject we are discussing here for I know. Whatever the underlying reasons behind your obvious character flaws you are undoutably the most miserable excuse for a Human Being it has ever been my misfortune to encounter on here.

I apologise for my unmitigated gall.

If it exploded in your brain then I suspect that little real damage would have been done. Why don't you tell everyone on here yet again of just how very innocence you are of libelling Gatwick air crew :lol:

How DARE you. You're lucky you're hiding behind your keyboard when you say such things to me. I'm hard I am.

But there was no rush - however many times you flush you're always here ...

How nice. Your last few posts have revealed the real you, so let's put away your pretence of being some holier than thou freedom fighter, shall we?

You can always judge people by the company they keep and from where I'm standing you're no better than your sh ithouse mates.