Gay Premier Leauge players?

W9Saint

Sponsors could well have a part to play as well if it was Ronaldo.

Like it or lump it, the vast majority of the rest of the world away from the enlightened west still see being gay as a massive no-no. Try marketing an openly gay footballer to the Muslim world or the 'properly' Christian countries in Africa and LatAm. Not totally sure about what gay rights are like in China and India but its doubtless going to be hostile with their emphasis on the importance of a family/son-and-heir type thing.

Sponsors could well have a part to play as well if it was Ronaldo.

Like it or lump it, the vast majority of the rest of the world away from the enlightened west still see being gay as a massive no-no. Try marketing an openly gay footballer to the Muslim world or the 'properly' Christian countries in Africa and LatAm. Not totally sure about what gay rights are like in China and India but its doubtless going to be hostile with their emphasis on the importance of a family/son-and-heir type thing.

It's an interesting idea. Part of my studies at university have been focused on homosexuality in sport and how it's perceived/managed.

One conclusion was that there are plenty of top brands and willing sponsors who would absolutely love to have the first high-profile gay footballer on their books.

Attitudes are shifting, or at very least what these companies 'think' their attitude should be, as shown with Pacquiao getting dropped for his comments about gay people for one example.

Finally TalkSport has issued the link to the podcast of the John Ameichi interest. http:// talksport.com/us-sports/podcast-tom-latchems-extra-time-interview-john-amaechi-160426193524

With reference to homosexuality in China, officially it doesn't exist and is considered the same as heterosexuality before the law. Problems arise when prostitution is involved.

In Chinese culturel history and traditional cross dressing plays a big Part in theatre, dance and opera. Thus nobody frowns upon its occurance in everyday life.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read a very interesting observation in reaction to the French film "Close to Leo", a movie that deals with the subject of brotherly love

Leo, the elder brother who is gay, learns that he is HIV and hasn't long to live. All family members are told of his fate except Marcel, the youngest. However Marcel overhears the family talking. He is struck with grief at the thought of losing his beloved elder brother. The movie deals with how brotherly love between them, plays out their lives. The film is extremely moving yet sends out a huge message to all.

http://youtu.be/9Ol9ur603hk

Trailer of the film that gives an insight into what the movie is all about

Excellent observation posted in reaction the the relationship of the 2 brothers. An observation that gives an interesting reason behind many falling into being induced into gay sex due to society's attitudes towards brotherly love

I believe most boys would love to receive and give this depth of affection- it ain't got nothin to do with being gay. Boys are taught to be be ashamed of even having such feelings for each other. When they have them they feel confused. It's my personal belief that most boys who turn to Gay sex do so innocently, not because they want the sex, but because they crave wholesome male affection so badly. They are willing to do the sex just to satisfy their natural God-Given need for male affection.

I have read a very interesting observation in reaction to the French film "Close to Leo", a movie that deals with the subject of brotherly love

Leo, the elder brother who is gay, learns that he is HIV and hasn't long to live. All family members are told of his fate except Marcel, the youngest. However Marcel overhears the family talking. He is struck with grief at the thought of losing his beloved elder brother. The movie deals with how brotherly love between them, plays out their lives. The film is extremely moving yet sends out a huge message to all.

http://youtu.be/9Ol9ur603hk

Trailer of the film that gives an insight into what the movie is all about

Excellent observation posted in reaction the the relationship of the 2 brothers. An observation that gives an interesting reason behind many falling into being induced into gay sex due to society's attitudes towards brotherly love

I believe most boys would love to receive and give this depth of affection- it ain't got nothin to do with being gay. Boys are taught to be be ashamed of even having such feelings for each other. When they have them they feel confused. It's my personal belief that most boys who turn to Gay sex do so innocently, not because they want the sex, but because they crave wholesome male affection so badly. They are willing to do the sex just to satisfy their natural God-Given need for male affection.

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

[emoji38] A well known phrase used on this forum a number of times. Luckily I have no need to explain myself to someone who uses mental conditions to point score.

Once again your hypocrisy is staggering. You accuse people of point scoring using mental health issues but are happy to pour scorn on someone yourself using, yes, mental health issues. You accuse people of making things up yet freely do so yourself. Found where I have said that the McCann's murdered their own daughter yet? No? Thought not. You are a busted flush mate.

By the way, asking someone if they have certain mental health issues is not "point scoring" as you call it. Point scoring would be knowing you had mental health issues and using that against you. I simply asked a question of you. One which by the way, you didn't answer and in your book can be classed as "running away."

Once again your hypocrisy is staggering. You accuse people of point scoring using mental health issues but are happy to pour scorn on someone yourself using, yes, mental health issues. You accuse people of making things up yet freely do so yourself. Found where I have said that the McCann's murdered their own daughter yet? No? Thought not. You are a busted flush mate.

By the way, asking someone if they have certain mental health issues is not "point scoring" as you call it. Point scoring would be knowing you had mental health issues and using that against you. I simply asked a question of you. One which by the way, you didn't answer and in your book can be classed as "running away."

I called Art head mental which is a phrase known and understood by many on this forum going back many years. I didn't use autism to point score which is an entirely different matter. Odd that you have nothing to say about Art's repugnant views. It's almost as if you would rather try to jump on a flippant comment than address anything in the actual thread, simply because I was the one who wrote something. Lets return to the thread topic please rather than having you rambling on about me in your confused manner in yet another thread.

I called Art head mental which is a phrase known and understood by many on this forum going back many years. I didn't use autism to point score which is an entirely different matter. Odd that you have nothing to say about Art's repugnant views. It's almost as if you would rather try to jump on a flippant comment than address anything in the actual thread, simply because I was the one who wrote something. Lets return to the thread topic please rather than having you rambling on about me in your confused manner in yet another thread.

I've not read the thread, could you list all of ART's repugnant views please?

I have been on this forum many years. I wouldn't say it's a well used phrase understood by many. What do you mean by it?

Even it is well understood by others, why would that make it OK?

It is the first time I have seen it used too, but he seems to want to avoid the question.

• 5 months later...
I agree with Chris Sutton http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37700967

It's unhelpful and also unproven to say that it's difficult for someone who is gay and a footballer to come out. I have a bit more faith in the football community and like Chris Sutton I don't think it's much of an issue.

Agreed. I feel like racist/homophobic comments and chanting is increasingly challenged by other fans.