Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

I've got a contact with someone fairly high up on the Swindon board and I have been reliably informed we have had a bid accepted for Charlie Austin.

Don't have any further details or how much the fee is etc.

I hope you're right been banging on about him for months!! Think the Premier move is too soon for himm but 5 more months in L1 then a season (or maybe 2!) in The Championship before making the step would fit his development well I feel!!! Just as it will Lallana's and OXO's!!!

On the Football league show last night they said he was being chased by PL clubs and metioned he might be going to Birmingham. If it was a choice between PL or us I can't see him coming here.

Nor can I, if he is given the chance he'll go PL. More money + a much higher standard of football is a no brainer, besides which I'd have thought Swindon would rather sell to a club outside of league 1.

Would love to be wrong though.

agree with all of that - apart from where Swindon want him to go.

They will want him to go to whoever will pay the biggest fee - or most up front.

I suspect teams like Swindon would quite like the "bigger" teams like us, Leeds, Sheff W out of this league so they can compete against similar funded sides and get promoted.

Do we really need him ?

We have three options up front right now.

Lambert, Barnard and Do Prado

I do not include Connolly on that list as he I believe he is past it.

We need a 4th option.... Austin would be more then good enough to fit the bill.

A skate mate of mine who plays for Fareham (use to play at Poole Town) sent him a text NYE calling him a scummer, he replied. Happy New Year, you Cvnt, we'll see ;).

Will try to upload a screen shot of the text!

Assuming said text isn't someone pretending to have Charlie Austin's number programmed into their phone. Not saying that it isn't genuine but a screen shot of a text from a "Charlie Austen" wouldn't prove anything, per se.

Cheers for the info though - as I say, not disbelieving it, just an observation from yours truely at 'Conspiracies R Us' HQ

;-)

A skate mate of mine who plays for Fareham (use to play at Poole Town) sent him a text NYE calling him a scummer, he replied. Happy New Year, you Cvnt, we'll see ;)

..this has got to be about as close we can get to FACT on this message board ...although I'd be happier if it was corroborated with a Costa's sighting :suspicious:

As mentioned already the FL show claimed Brum had made a 2 mil bid. I've no reason not to believe the OP but if we have had an offer accepted I doubt it would be the only one or that CA would choose us...

Exciting though!

he isn't aware of a bid from us and even if there was one he's more intereste din going to wigan, birmingham or qpr who have already had bids accepted

Good detective work. Oh well it was fun for a few minutes

I don't believe we're in for him or that he'd come here - he's too much of a big "I AM" to drop a division even if temporarily. Regardless, I feel we'll be offering Guly a good contract and Lallana his big fat 3-year deal and that will be it.

We will get a right winger for Puncheon.