Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

Who ever asked earlier - yes, I am still based in Naples Florida and how do I know about bids? A close relation who is chairman of a certain football club.

Cheers for the background. Any vibes and/or gut feel as to which offer the club and/or Austin are likely to go for, if any?

Here's a thought, perhaps the Lallana announcement tonight has been 'rushed through' as bait to tempt Austin to Saints - gives him a clear sign of our intent...

Indeed, perhaps Austin said: if Adam signs another contract I'll join him.

Perhaps...

Cheers for the background. Any vibes and/or gut feel as to which offer the club and/or Austin are likely to go for, if any?

Here's a thought, perhaps the Lallana announcement tonight has been 'rushed through' as bait to tempt Austin to Saints - gives him a clear sign of our intent...

Indeed, perhaps Austin said: if Adam signs another contract I'll join him.

Perhaps...

One of my first thoughts too, maybe this is why there's a delay with Beckham signing for Spurs? Potter's Heron anyone?

supposing i had rung said mate who is in regular contact with austin and didn't need to make another phone call. Believe what you want, i couldn't really care about pr1cks like you making assumptions for the sake of an argument

You get abusive because I think your post was a bit fishy. Looking at you other ITK source of Adams GF told you that he will reject the saints contract it seems as though I was right to think your full of shyte. Now who looks the pr1ck. LMFAO

One of my first thoughts too, maybe this is why there's a delay with Beckham signing for Spurs? Potter's Heron anyone?[/quote)

OK, Hammy, Potters Heron, lunch time tomorrow, a quick one before the game. See you there - and to see who else is unveiled. :-)

Where were you? I had to postpone it until tomorrow 1 pm, if you let e down again the deal is off and Becks goes to Spurs, hope you will be able to sleep with that on your conscience.

@SkySportsbucko:

Swindon Town hot-shot Charlie Austin has spoken to skysports.com's @skysportspeteo about speculation surrounding his future. Austin is disappointed Swindon rejected an offer from Hull and he would be open to the prospect of discussing a move to a higher level.

Any level is a higher level than Hull, in my opinion.

@SkySportsbucko:

Swindon Town hot-shot Charlie Austin has spoken to skysports.com's @skysportspeteo about speculation surrounding his future. Austin is disappointed Swindon rejected an offer from Hull and he would be open to the prospect of discussing a move to a higher level.

If he means a higher level "next season" rather than "the rest of this season" then we're still in the frame

Any level is a higher level than Hull, in my opinion.

I work with an American girl based in California who is engaged to a guy from Hull. He is trying to persuade her to move there and she asked me what it was like and whether the good things she had heard were accurate. Bless.

I work with an American girl based in California who is engaged to a guy from Hull. He is trying to persuade her to move there and she asked me what it was like and whether the good things she had heard were accurate. Bless.

"From Hell, Halifax and Hull good Lord preserve us!"

We don't need him !

This season or next? We're gonna need to bolster the squad next season if we get promoted so if Cortese/Adkins believes someone of Austin's calibre CDAJFU next season then best snap him up now than wait for a bun fight in the summer. Perhaps.

@SkySportsbucko:

Can't see him surviving up North, will be too far away from his family.

We could've done with a replacement for Ricky yesterday, he was having one of those days. This could be very good news. Is he good looking? I always prefer it when a signing is good looking.

He can resemble the elephant man as long as he scores the goals that get us out of this league ! :lol:

Is he a striker because we don't need one.

What we need is a creative midfielder.

I would think that depends on for how long Hammond and Chaplow are going to be out.If they've only minor injuries we could go back to Morgan and Hammond in the middle and push Chaplow into a more forward role to cover any prolonged lallana absence, I'm sure it would be quite effective that way. Other than that push Dickson forward on the left and use Harding at left-back,if only because he's better at it than Dickson.

I would think that depends on for how long Hammond and Chaplow are going to be out.If they've only minor injuries we could go back to Morgan and Hammond in the middle and push Chaplow into a more forward role to cover any prolonged lallana absence, I'm sure it would be quite effective that way. Other than that push Dickson forward on the left and use Harding at left-back,if only because he's better at it than Dickson.

The big problem for me is that neither Hammond, Chaplow or Morgan will ever unpick a locked a defence. Guly? To me looks more effective 'in the hole'. The natural fit should be Puncheon, but he really needs to beleve that he can do the job and we're not convinced he does, are we?

For me, our firepower is significant - Lambert, Barnard and Guly. But none of them can score if they're not given the ball in the right place at the right time. So if we can't replace Lallana like for like, I would go looking for a pacey winger and have the option of the tactics which worked last season of opening teams up by chucking the ball in behind and having defenders forever on their blocks and turning.

If Lallana is out for as long as is being touted, we need a winger.

If we signed Austin though, maybe give Guly a run on the left wing?

Guly is much better down the middle as we have seen in recent weeks, when he has started out wide he has tended to drift into the middle. There are two reasons I can see why we are pushing to get someone like Austin in, 1) there is a chance that Barney might get sent down and 2) DC is more or less at the end of his time with us and he will be no more than a bit part player, if that.

Edited by Toomer

We're excited to sign a large 1 striker to help rickie but not happy we've got back a championship creative midfielder and that's not enough.

When he starts putting in "championship" standard creative performances then that will be the time to get excited.

Austin might be a good signing with potential to play at a higher level. However I think we need more than just a goalscorer if AL is out for a lengthy period. We need a creative player as well.

We could've done with a replacement for Ricky yesterday, he was having one of those days. This could be very good news. Is he good looking? I always prefer it when a signing is good looking.

I agree i dont want ugly players, we need to good looking players to reflect the image of our club.

BTW i saw Nicola Cortese in the Corriander Lounge in town Friday night. He has exceptional taste in curry houses and was also wearing a really nice white shirt and cuff links.

I agree i dont want ugly players, we need to good looking players to reflect the image of our club.

BTW i saw Nicola Cortese in the Corriander Lounge in town Friday night. He has exceptional taste in curry houses and was also wearing a really nice white shirt and cuff links.

Good restaurant. He's quite dishy too actually. I want a beautiful club.