Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

Saint Charlie is BWP. Fact.

Benjii, do you think we should have made more of an effort to get Eddie Howe as our manager? he is probably the best looking one that was available at the time, i am disapointed with Adkins, he looks like geography teacher, if we are to make it to the PL he has to go i am afraid.

Benjii, do you think we should have made more of an effort to get Eddie Howe as our manager? he is probably the best looking one that was available at the time, i am disapointed with Adkins, he looks like geography teacher, if we are to make it to the PL he has to go i am afraid.

I think Howe looks a bit like a puppet. For my money, if you want a fit manager you have to go foreign:

josepguardiola.jpg

C_71_article_1128425_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?28%2F07%2F2009%2008%3A00%3A04%3A280

But Howe looks like he could easily be in Adkins' year 8 Geography class.

Howe looks a bit plastic to me, like a thunderbird. If we are after a proper dreamboat though, paulo sousa is availible I think

has anyone else heard Connelly & £2 Million for Austin?

Where have you heard it? Maybe a self fuelling rumour. Someone reads it on one forum and using that to support the claim on another forum, which in turn is used to back up the rumour elsewhere etc etc....

Maybe on here?

http://www.southamptonrumours.co.uk/

63439439.jpg

eddiehowe2450071.jpg

Priceless

He will now forever be remembered as Eddie Scott Tracey Howe

Let's face it, that Soctt was a bit weird, spending years alone on his Space Station.......

If I had consumed a few Old Thumpers I would pose the "where did he put all the used Tissues question", but luckily I have been on the Italian Red plonk, so I won't

Priceless

He will now forever be remembered as Eddie Scott Tracey Howe

Let's face it, that Soctt was a bit weird, spending years alone on his Space Station.......

If I had consumed a few Old Thumpers I would pose the "where did he put all the used Tissues question", but luckily I have been on the Italian Red plonk, so I won't

If you're going to compare Howe to this particular Thunderbirds puppet, then his nickname will have to be Eddie John Tracey Howe. Because of his maturity and well-developed sense of duty, Scott was allocated the Thunderbird 1 slot, but John's mental stability made him the ideal candidate for Thunderbird 5. Carry on.

Confirmed in the local rag up here as well, main headline on the horadings outside the paper shop where I get my lunchtime sandwich in West Swindon.

Maybe Reading have money because they are just about to sell Antonio - pure speculation

Oh god. What have you done Vectis!!!

Reading have just signed a Swindon Defender and a non league striker!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11673_6669578,00.html

So maybe the story about Reading signing a player from Swindon and a striker merged to become a striker from Swindon and the Austin rumours grew from there? Austin must have an inkling there's a good move for him somewhere to have handed in a transfer request.

and the non league player is from eastleigh

Yep. Brett Williams. Hedge end lad who i know. We showed an interest as well. Reading were watching a loanee in a game v Reading, Brett scored twice, Reading offered him the chance to go train with them for a few days, he did, played in a reserve game v Colchester and scored in that. £50,000 fee and 18month contract.

Quote from last week-

Eastleigh director of football Dave Malone believes the 23-year-old office worker can follow in the footsteps of Swindon Town’s £2m-rated hotshot Charlie Austin by making the step up from the Conference South.

Austin was heavily linked with a return to Madejski Stadium, where he was a trainee.

But Malone reckons Royals have got a bargain by turning to Williams, who has scored eight goals in 14 starts this season.

The Spitfires’ chief said: “I’ll eat my hat if Brett hasn’t got more in his locker than Austin.

“He’s quick, strong, powerful, has a great touch, can hold the ball up and he also has great vision.

“I’m making him sound like Eusebio here, but he does score fantastic goals and he is a top talent. With the right guidance and training every day who is to say he won’t be a hit at Championship level.

“Brett has the right pedigree and attitude. He’s fearless and even though it’s a big step for him, I can’t see it fazing him that much. The deal isn’t done just yet, but we wish him all the best.”