Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

IMO Reading will capture Austin, he is from Hungerford, his family still live there, Reading is a short scoot down the M4.

Why does this matter? he is a big boy and i am sure he is capable of moving away from home for £10k a week. It'll come down to who he thinks is the best club and offers him the best deal.

Watching the Leeds v Arsenal game tonight I see that Billy Paynter is playing his 3rd game for Leeds tonight and I am just wondering who people think is Better between Billy Paynter or Charlie Austin?!

I don't want to get into anything with someone But I just want to see what your views are and who you would have at Saints?! Going by tonight I for one would go for Charlie Austin as I think he's quite a profilic goalscorer and would do Good with Lambert, Guly, Barnard, etc IMHO!

Thoughts?!

Thanks!

COYR :D!!

I have heard locally that Norwich are putting a bid in for Austin. Chris martin coming our way.

someone ITK (apparantly) on the UI board said a few weeks ago we were in for Martin and some welsh midfield bloke i'd never heard of, Tudor something i think.

someone ITK (apparantly) on the UI board said a few weeks ago we were in for Martin and some welsh midfield bloke i'd never heard of, Tudor something i think.

The story is going around and on local radio Norwich have been talking about bringing a player in, i am sure its Charlie Austin and that Chris martin will be joining Saints.

The story is going around and on local radio Norwich have been talking about bringing a player in, i am sure its Charlie Austin and that Chris martin will be joining Saints.

If true Dalek, I'd be happy with that. Martin is a very good player and has already scored goals in the champ. too.

If someone joins a team based on short term league position (two places above us) then they are seriously thick.

I know a couple of lads who grew up with Austin, who would confirm he is actually seriously thick, so you never know. To be fair though, you have to say Brighton are a much better bet to definitely reach the Championship than we are at the moment (5 points clear with a game in hand). They've got a new stadium on the way, and a very good young manager. Not the worse club in the world to be at. To completely dismiss them over us, is a little bit arrogant IMO. No wonder some Brighton fans don't like us. Maybe he would choose us over Brighton, but it's not out of the question he'd choose them if we were both in for him. Like you said though, he'll probably end up in the Champo

Based on the fact that a Championship Club of any worth will not pay the £2 million that Swindon are after for an unproven striker at that level

But you said staying in league one with a promotion contender, but not us. So he must be leaving Swindon as they sure as hell aren't, who else can afford £1.5m in League one?

I know a couple of lads who grew up with Austin, who would confirm he is actually seriously thick, so you never know. To be fair though, you have to say Brighton are a much better bet to definitely reach the Championship than we are at the moment (5 points clear with a game in hand). They've got a new stadium on the way, and a very good young manager. Not the worse club in the world to be at. To completely dismiss them over us, is a little bit arrogant IMO. No wonder some Brighton fans don't like us. Maybe he would choose us over Brighton, but it's not out of the question he'd choose them if we were both in for him. Like you said though, he'll probably end up in the Champo

IMO Brighton are a very good club to join. A good team, a good manager, a new stadium and potentially a decent sized fan base, with the right investment they could go places. But also just remember how far Leeds were ahead this time last year.

Edited by Turkish

IMO Brighton are a very good club to join. A good team, a good manager, a new stadium and potentially a decent sized fan base, with the right investment they could go places. But also just remember how far Leeds were ahead this time last year.

Norwich are a championship club with a good chance of reaching the Premier League

Norwich are a championship club with a good chance of reaching the Premier League

Yeah i just meant generally Brighton would be an attractive club for a player to join. Going back to Martin, he'd be a decent signing, good player at this level and only 22.

It's not at all arrogant. We are a hugely bigger club than Brighton and always have been.