Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

Been talking to some more friends of Austin recently, apparently 6 clubs have a good chance of signing him, but we're not one of them. This weeks Hungerford rumour is Burnley, as apparently he is pally with Eddie Howe.

Would make a great deal of sense.

He trained with Bournemouth for all of pre-season, year before last, but they couldn't sign him owing to their transfer embargo.

I can't imagine we were ever even remotely close to signing him, or ever will. Don't mind being proved wrong of course.

Not claiming to be in the know but a friend is a pals of Austin's Dad and claims that he has had talks with both Burnley and Saints and at present prefers Saints.

"Prefers Saints" as in the money is better or he prefers the set-up and prospects here?

Ive heard today from someone fairly close to the club that austin was having a medical today (not gordon watson ;)). However i know for absolute 100% fact that the club have released the odd bit of false news in order to try and weed out the leaks from employees. so its either true or absolute ******** so im personally swaying towards ****** at the moment.

i will stay up until 11.26pm just in case.

Ive heard today from someone fairly close to the club that austin was having a medical today (not gordon watson ;)). However i know for absolute 100% fact that the club have released the odd bit of false news in order to try and weed out the leaks from employees. so its either true or absolute ******** so im personally swaying towards ****** at the moment.

Oh dear. This bit of knowledge could open the floodgates for wannabe ITKers.

Every crap bit of 'insider knowledge' that turns out to be BS can now be dismissed as 'oh well it must have been ****** leaked by the club on purpose"

He was training at Swindon today, double session- no Saints medical!!

Oh dear. This bit of knowledge could open the floodgates for wannabe ITKers.

Every crap bit of 'insider knowledge' that turns out to be BS can now be dismissed as 'oh well it must have been ****** leaked by the club on purpose"

Thats true. all staff have been warned about confidentiality and i know of at least one person who has fallen foul of this stand. theres plenty of gossip from people close but it seems nailed on info is closely guarded. its a shame as in previous regimes information was free flowing.

i know for absolute 100% fact that the club have released the odd bit of false news in order to try and weed out the leaks from employees.

Blimey...first time in 5 years one of my conspiracy theories has turned out to be true!

Good work Mr Cortese. I like your style.

There again, perhaps it's a double bluff from the club? i.e. Telling people they are putting rumours out there when in fact it's all true...hmmmm...,

I have - he works 'king hard for his goals runs all over the pitch, makes space and if he gets a half chance inside the penalty yard box it'll be on target 99 times out of 100. Believe me if he doesn't bite off more than can chew (straight into the Premiership) and signs for the right team he will continue to score goals.

As for him being a complete cock - well let's be honest that doesn't put him an exclusive club when it comes to professional footballers does it?

For the record I can't see him signing for Saints unless he's on a huge wedge and he has some agreement in his contract where the club will let him go if a larger or 'higher up' club comes in for him.

Even then I think no.

But the club has money even if it doesn't sell Chamberlain.

This is true..supposedly. But, in the current financial climate I can't see the club splashing the cash like some would like them to do. It seems to me that it is now a club that is run very efficiently etc.

At least swindon fans have a sense of humour

''Don't shoot the messenger but a reliable source who normally gets this sort of **** right says that Austin is going to join either Arsenal, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Stoke City, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Wigan Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers Barnsley, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Doncaster Rovers, Harlem Globetrotters, Hull City, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Leicester City, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, S****horpe United, Sheffield United, Swansea City, Watford, Southampton or Celtic.

Deal should be concluded by Wednesday.''

At least swindon fans have a sense of humour

''Don't shoot the messenger but a reliable source who normally gets this sort of **** right says that Austin is going to join either Arsenal, Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Blackburn Rovers, Blackpool, Bolton Wanderers, Chelsea, Everton, Fulham, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Stoke City, Sunderland, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United, Wigan Athletic, Wolverhampton Wanderers Barnsley, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff City, Coventry City, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Doncaster Rovers, Harlem Globetrotters, Hull City, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Leicester City, Middlesbrough, Millwall, Norwich City, Nottingham Forest, Portsmouth, Preston North End, Queens Park Rangers, Reading, S****horpe United, Sheffield United, Swansea City, Watford, Southampton or Celtic.

Deal should be concluded by Wednesday.''

This is rubbish. The Skates could never afford him!