Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

Mackail-Smith it is then.

I'm not fussy, they are both quality players.

Judging from past transfers under the Cortese reign, I doubt we'll be buying buying either of them, it will be a player of equal if not better quality that no one has spoken about.

I hope so anyway! Either that or we'll be waiting for the transfer window to shut then get a loan of a player with a view to sign in the summer, maybe a player not included in a prem 25 man squad.

Key thing is that we were after him, and have talked with Pboro about Mackail-Smith. Both these players would cost upwards of 1m so we obviously have money to spend and would like a new striker.

we might have offered 50£ plus our rejects.Having made a bid does not mean it was anything like realistic value.

Millwall are said to have bid 150K£ for Puncheon ,true it's a bid but nowhere near our valuation obviously.

we might have offered 50£ plus our rejects.Having made a bid does not mean it was anything like realistic value.

Millwall are said to have bid 150K£ for Puncheon ,true it's a bid but nowhere near our valuation obviously.

We might have done but I would like to think we wouldn't absolutely waste our time chasing someone we know costs over a million. Im sure we wouldn't. And we wouldn't both asking about CMS if we could only afford to pay say 300k.

Highly unlikely. I'm not sure where this no money concern is coming from and had we bid, we wouldn't embarrass ourselves in the process by bidding way below the valuation...what would be the point?

Highly unlikely. I'm not sure where this no money concern is coming from and had we bid, we wouldn't embarrass ourselves in the process by bidding way below the valuation...what would be the point?

You do not know what we might do or not do or even if we bid at all for these players. I have absolutely no idea whether we have

significant money available or not. The Posh chairman said he'd had no bid from us for CMS and as for Austin no-one knows if we bid or not.Obviously any bid we might have made for him wasn't enough and that's about the end of it.All we know is that NA said significant bids had been made for a couple of players but the size of "significant" would depend on the quality of the players in question. 100K would be commensurate with a League 2 player and 50 million would be about ball park for Rooney.

Brighton apparently bid 400K for Harley but he went to Swansea on a free because they're willing to loan him back for 4 months.

You do not know what we might do or not do or even if we bid at all for these players. I have absolutely no idea whether we have

significant money available or not. The Posh chairman said he'd had no bid from us for CMS and as for Austin no-one knows if we bid or not.Obviously any bid we might have made for him wasn't enough and that's about the end of it.All we know is that NA said significant bids had been made for a couple of players but the size of "significant" would depend on the quality of the players in question. 100K would be commensurate with a League 2 player and 50 million would be about ball park for Rooney.

Brighton apparently bid 400K for Harley but he went to Swansea on a free because they're willing to loan him back for 4 months.

I think we know enough to assume that we have been active during the transfer window. We know NA was at Swindon the other night and I'm sure that we were one of the clubs in the running for him today as reported. In which case it would have been pointless for us even opening dialogue with the club unless we had the money to have a realistic chance of getting him.

I also have no idea how much money we have but in trying to reason if we do/don't, the point I was making is that if we are after Austin or CMS, then it's unlikely that we are poor.

And I'm aware that a "significant" bid is relative to the position you're in thanks.

Looks like we are back in for him. Sorry did I say back in for him. Well he is up for grabs if we wish to make a bid for him. I do not think we are even interested in him or he is not interested in us, and why would he be if he can get a championship team to play for?

Looks like we are back in for him. Sorry did I say back in for him. Well he is up for grabs if we wish to make a bid for him. I do not think we are even interested in him or he is not interested in us, and why would he be if he can get a championship team to play for?

If we weren't at all interested, why was Nigel Adkins at the last Swindon game?

In four months time Burnley, Blackpool, Ipswich and Saints could all be in the same league. Which is the most promising team to join if you are signing up for the next 3 years of your young career?

In four months time Burnley, Blackpool, Ipswich and Saints could all be in the same league. Which is the most promising team to join if you are signing up for the next 3 years of your young career?

Spot on.

is the answer playing for blackpool in the premireship?

cos just up the road, no game for us and playing them in few games time

is the answer playing for blackpool in the premireship?

Blackpool are punching a long way above their weight. Their wage structure isn't great. Yes he may play some Premier League games but in a mere four months time they could be in the same league as Saints. It is also quite a distance to uproot from family and friends if Austin went to Blackpool.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Blackpool are punching a long way above their weight. Their wage structure isn't great. Yes he may play some Premier League games but in a mere four months time they could be in the same league as Saints. It is also quite a distance to uproot from family and friends if Austin went to Blackpool.

Are you really argueing that we are as an attractive option as Blackpool ?

Yes :p

- Austin is 21 years old. He has plenty of time to play in the top flight, if he was older then maybe not.

- Saints are a much bigger club than Blackpool, there is a good chance both sides could be in the same league next year.

- Saints could offer him long term better terms as he progresses.

- It is less of an uproot for him as he has a young family.

- Ok, Saints can't offer Premier League football but Blackpool may well only have 15 more Premier League games. I doubt he'd play in every one.

- If he thinks of the bigger picture of which club will be in the better position at the end of a 3 or 4 year deal, there is only one choice (as long as Saints bid of course ;))

Edited by Matthew Le God

But it's more than likely Blackpool are going to stay up, so he'd almost certainly be getting at least 18 months in the Premiership. He does well in that time and he's set for the rest of his career. It's far from a guarantee that we'll even be out of League One next season. Blackpool is a much better move for him.

I'm pretty sure it was LGTC that said in the summer we were a more attractive proposition than any club outside of champions league places, that we can sign any player we want and should offer them as much money as they want and we are more attractive to James Beattie than Glasgow Rangers when there was a thread with no substance to it that we were interested in him.

Yes :p

- Austin is 21 years old. He has plenty of time to play in the top flight, if he was older then maybe not.

- Saints are a much bigger club than Blackpool, there is a good chance both sides could be in the same league next year.

- Saints could offer him long term better terms as he progresses.

- It is less of an uproot for him as he has a young family.

- Ok, Saints can't offer Premier League football but Blackpool may well only have 15 more Premier League games. I doubt he'd play in every one.

- If he thinks of the bigger picture of which club will be in the better position at the end of a 3 or 4 year deal, there is only one choice (as long as Saints bid of course ;))

Ok, wow, you were being serious

I don't really know why i am bothering but.

Blackpool ARE in the Prem and so will definately be at a higher level then league 1 this time next year.

I really don't need to write anything else, if he is really worried about long-term i am sure he will write clauses in or alternatively just be off if they fall through NPC.

As much as perhaps we are a bigger club, in reality we are league 1 and they are premiership.

He is a footballer and so uprooting is part and parcel and i am sure he has the cash to make up for it.

Will he play every game for us ?? What with Lambert being undropable and Guly on form ?

He is only 21, if this move doesn't work he has time to move on and if he doesn't get game time he is only 21.

I'm pretty sure it was LGTC that said in the summer we were a more attractive proposition than any club outside of champions league places, that we can sign any player we want and should offer them as much money as they want and we are more attractive to James Beattie than Glasgow Rangers when there was a thread with no substance to it that we were interested in him.

Yeah find that post... That's right. I thnk players given a choice between Liverpool and Saints will come here. FFS.

Ok, wow, you were being serious

I don't really know why i am bothering but.

Blackpool ARE in the Prem and so will definately be at a higher level then league 1 this time next year.

In a mere 4 months time both Saints and Blackpool could be in the same league.

Edited by Matthew Le God

In a mere 4 months time both Saints and Blackpool could be in the same league.

Blackpool's top wage earner in the Premier League is on roughly the same as Saints in League One. Austin also has a young family which he may not want to uproot to the other end of the county from his friends and family.

Blackpool won't be relegated.

How do you KNOW either of these points to be correct ?

1) Google the words "Blackpool wage bill" or "Charlie Adam wages £10k" and look for yourself at numerous sources. £10k is not much more than Lallana, Fonte and Lambert would be on despite Saints being in League One. Austin would not be a top earning at Blackpool as a 21 year old fitting into their structure.

Blackpool are so tight with money they paid all players £90 per week (yep nine zero pounds) in the summer months.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Blackpool-players-are-paid-just-90-a-week-over-the-summer-says-Ian-Holloway-Exclusive-article427657.html

2) I used the word "may" for a start. But I think anyone in the position of having a young family in the south of England would prefer to stay in the south of England rather than uproot a long distance away from family and friends.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1) Google the words "Blackpool wage bill" or "Charlie Adam wages £10k" and look for yourself at numerous sources. £10k is not much more than Lallana, Fonte and Lambert would be on.

2) I used the word "may" for a start. But I think anyone in the position of having a young family in the south of England would prefer to stay in the south of England rather than uproot a long distance away from family and friends.

You are beginning to get very tedious.....used to be a good poster.