Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

If that is true then it raises serious doubts about the clubs financial backing. £1.6m is hardly big time money when we're supposed to be in a strong position financially...

balance fee with need tho - we have strength and if we have bid (which my guess is we haven't) it would be more for luxory than need

If that is true then it raises serious doubts about the clubs financial backing. £1.6m is hardly big time money when we're supposed to be in a strong position financially...
IMHO £1.6m is a huge fee for a rookie L1 striker. It doesn't mean we are skint, it just means we are not going to go OTT doesn't it?

:lol::lol: We still have fans that would like us to do a 'Poopey', then you have a few sensible ones, they realize we have to run within our means. To be said again...OUR owner was rich, his family, now our owners are rich, this does not automaticly mean that the club is rich. It was always a case of us running using the income the club made. How hard is it for some to take in:rolleyes:

Yep, Austin wanted Ipswich to send Swindon 2 players of equal talent and ability to Holmes and Connolly or no deal.

"Austin wanted..." ?

Why would he personally be concerned who went to Swindon in a swap deal? Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

"Austin wanted..." ?

Why would he personally be concerned who went to Swindon in a swap deal? Sorry if I misinterpreted your post.

Sorry I thought this was the 'joke' Charlie Austin thread. I'll arrange to have my post moved from this the 'deadly serious' Charlie Austin thread!

Sorry I thought this was the 'joke' Charlie Austin thread. I'll arrange to have my post moved from this the 'deadly serious' Charlie Austin thread!

Ah, gotcha...! Only my 17th 'whoosh' moment thus far this year. Not bad for me... ;-)

Not enough winking on this thread for my liking... ;-)

According to BBC wiltshire, talks have broken down with Ipswich and he is now going for talks with Burnley.

Swindon did not say that they had accepted a bid from Burnley, only Ipswich

As his "preferred" option was supposedly Saints, how come Burnley get 2nd go without their bid being accepted

Can someone explain ??

PS, my "preferrred" option is still Mackail-Smith

As his "preferred" option was supposedly Saints, how come Burnley get 2nd go without their bid being accepted

Can someone explain ??

My "prefered" option is Torres, we haven't bid for him either.

Can someone explain ??

I don't know but maybe their offer was closest to the asking price behind Ipswich's bid.

Maybe our "bid" is the 3rd highest.

Wilson has said since the start of all these rumours that they are holding out for the best deal for Swindon and for Austin.

as I said on the last page, I've never been sure that we have £2m available for a transfer. That is a lot of wedge for a league 1 club looking to break even each year. We haven't spent that kind of cash since Lambert, and even then didn't the McGoldrick money go some way towards it? I would suggest the talk of Guly costing £800,000 is way off the mark.

as I said on the last page, I've never been sure that we have £2m available for a transfer. That is a lot of wedge for a league 1 club looking to break even each year. We haven't spent that kind of cash since Lambert, and even then didn't the McGoldrick money go some way towards it? I would suggest the talk of Guly costing £800,000 is way off the mark.

Fonte cost 1.2m I think. We would have known to buy Austin or Mackail-Smith would cost more than that so no point chasing those players if we didn't have it to spend.