Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

Are we?

So you know how much Guly and Chaplow cost for both their loans and transfers and how large Lallana's signing on fee and agent fees were?

Summer 2009

Lambert

Hammond

Jaidi

Connolly

Harding

January 2010

Fonte

Barnard

Puncheon

Seaborne

Otsemobor

Summer 2010

Richardson cost £450k

Dickson cost £225k

Butterfield (Signing on fees and agents fees for a free transfer)

Winter 2010/2011

- Plans for multi million training ground, probably costing close to £8 million.

- Guly (would have been a significant loan fee and transfer fee)

- Lallana (new contract, signing on fee, agent fee)

- Chaplow

- N'Guessan on loan

Still 5 days of window left...

That is the point...

Adkins at game, 2 + 2, saints have a bid!!! IMO , no they don't!!!

They also state that Nigel Clough was at the game yet haven't leapt to the same conclusion that Derby have put in a bid (ok, they mention an undisclosed championship side but not quite the same thing as stating names)

Inconsistent journalism or inside info?

They also state that Nigel Clough was at the game yet haven't leapt to the same conclusion that Derby have put in a bid (ok, they mention an undisclosed championship side but not quite the same thing as stating names)

Inconsistent journalism or inside info?

Isn't that an example of tautology?

Ince says he should stay with us

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/8814697.Ince_tells_Chamberlain_to_forget_about_Premier_League/?ref=rss

looks like more in press and realising what we have been saying on here - its not a given that he is going

I think it is just down to the money

PL League clubs are being sensible offering money up front plus addons as nobody knows how OXO will develop

Surley we haven't got a chance? He could move to the prem, or top half of the championship.....but if he wants, could stay in L1 with us? I'd love to be proven wrong but i think we're already out of the running.

Unless we're offering him an amazing pay packet...

Surley we haven't got a chance? He could move to the prem, or top half of the championship.....but if he wants, could stay in L1 with us? I'd love to be proven wrong but i think we're already out of the running.

tend to agree.....

unless, the reports are wrong....never know, we could well sign someone who we had not even thought of...seems to be the way these days (which is good)

We have got a chance, and don't call me Shirley

always thought that although he will be tempted there is little for Ox-C or Saints to lose by saying lets talk in 3 months.

Yep. Looking at going in the summer, if he has to, makes far for sense for AOC, Saints, the buying club and his parents (AOC will be six months older and six months wiser).

They also said on that article that Swindon have said that a deal is very close could be within hours & it would be the best deal for Swindon & for Charlie Austin. 2 NPC league teams & a Premier league side, sounds like it won't be us, unless we've out bid all others & are the only ones to match their valuation?

Oh well that's just out argued myself, great this speculation isn't it!

Damn NC & keeping deals behind closed doors ;)

They also said on that article that Swindon have said that a deal is very close could be within hours & it would be the best deal for Swindon & for Charlie Austin. 2 NPC league teams & a Premier league side, sounds like it won't be us, unless we've out bid all others & are the only ones to match their valuation?

Oh well that's just out argued myself, great this speculation isn't it!

Damn NC & keeping deals behind closed doors ;)

With Mackail-Smith as our fall-back position in case we don't win perhaps?

Maybe that's how we're tempting Swindon. Swindon get cash and Martin fits the young defender signing on loan. Austin gets mucho wonga + doesn't have to move house. He'd be daft not to sign up' date=' wouldn't he?[/quote']

Or Seabourne perhaps?

I thought it slightly odd that Seabourne was included in the U21s game yesterday....(although I can argue against my own observation there in that he hasn't had a lot of match practice recently)......but, perhaps Swindon requested that he played so they could take a look at him as part of any discussions about Austin?

Location, facilities, crowd sizes, potential, 6 months until championship and of course, money money money. He could choose us.

Josh McQuoid joined Millwall ahead of us and he is really local (Lymington), apparently Millwall offered a better financial package than us.

Can't believe Austin would choose us over the others but you never know.

Josh McQuoid joined Millwall ahead of us and he is really local (Lymington), apparently Millwall offered a better financial package than us.

Can't believe Austin would choose us over the others but you never know.

I hope he doesn't and opts for Burnley

Mackail-Smith is the far better all round player IMHO

Reading the other boards sounds like Swindon want Dan Seabourne as part of any deal for Austin and sounds plausible as they sadi they will announce a new young defender signing later and Austin to be gone within hours. If i'm not mistaken his parents live in the Sandbanks area.

Could happen, we would need another centre back then though, and I doubt Seaborne would have played in the U21s yesterday if this move was in the offing.

Could happen, we would need another centre back then though, and I doubt Seaborne would have played in the U21s yesterday if this move was in the offing.

But, as I suggested earlier, his presence (for the first half only) in the U21 team yesterday may well have been for the very reason that Swindon wanted to check him out before dotting i's and crossing t's.....maybe?

I still think it was a slightly odd game for him to be involved in one way or the other. There are several other players who could have done with a 'match fitness' run out, if that is the innocent explanation. So, why just Seabourne? (ok, and Gobern)

And, clutching at straws, maybe this could be something to do with the other equally 'slightly odd' decision to put two centre backs on the subs bench vs Tranmere? Perhaps that was in anticipation of Swindon wanting to see either Seabourne or Martin 'in action' at some stage in the game....(I can't recall if either of them came on in the end, so could blow that conspiracy theory out of the water, although given we were chasing the game throughout the 90 minutes, bringing on a centre back was probably not an option at any stage...)

Edited by trousers

I would be pretty amazed if he chose us over a couple of the others. He would have to be absolutly certain that we were going to get promoted this season IMO and there is no gaurentee of that. A sensible decission would probably land him in the championship rather than Blackpool or us. But never know and until he has spoken to any of the clubs anything could happen I suppose.