Austin Transfer Rumours

Kaiser Soze

I would be pretty amazed if he chose us over a couple of the others. He would have to be absolutly certain that we were going to get promoted this season IMO and there is no gaurentee of that. A sensible decission would probably land him in the championship rather than Blackpool or us. But never know and until he has spoken to any of the clubs anything could happen I suppose.

Exactly. Out of the four teams interested, i think that we would be able to offer him the best financial package and as what others have said, our location is in our favour.

you never know.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/8814750.Austin_poised_for_Town_exit/

In the comments under, but looking again its posted by someone called LeGod from Southampton although he does appear to be a Swindon fan :?

Also...

adkins diet, southampton says...

10:19am Thu 27 Jan 11 Carlito austin is coming here and your getting danny seabourne chucked in with the deal either on loan or with a view to sign.

The deal is 1.85m.

Carlito is at st marys this morning.

why would he go to blackpool?they will drop into oblivion next year whereas us billionaires are on the journey bus up.

Good luck staying up,i actually dont mind swindon.

NC: Charlie my boy. Your contract is the best in league one and if you fire us to promotion you'll get paid a massive bonus. If you want to move on you can do so in the summer.

CA: Give me a go on Fonte's missus and you've got a deal.

Exactly. Out of the four teams interested, i think that we would be able to offer him the best financial package and as what others have said, our location is in our favour.

you never know.

I think we might be able to offer a better finacial package but that doesnt mean we will. Ive no doubt our players are well payed but I do doubt they are paid more because we can afford it. Although spending more money on the development side, buildings and staff, the model IMO is to be as self financing as possible so we will be tring to keep within fair limits to our turn over for wages.

There may well be some decent bonus's attached for promotion and may even be things written in for pay rises if we are playing championship footy next year but our wages offer right now would probably be less than many championship clubs offers right now IMO

I think we might be able to offer a better finacial package but that doesnt mean we will. Ive no doubt our players are well payed but I do doubt they are paid more because we can afford it. Although spending more money on the development side, buildings and staff, the model IMO is to be as self financing as possible so we will be tring to keep within fair limits to our turn over for wages.

There may well be some decent bonus's attached for promotion and may even be things written in for pay rises if we are playing championship footy next year but our wages offer right now would probably be less than many championship clubs offers right now IMO

Charile Adams is only on 10k a week, we have at least 2 players on that I would imagine.

I look forward to an apology from all concerned when this eventually comes to fruition.

Why?

You said on the 4th January 2011 that Saints had agreed a deal with Swindon.

I've got a contact with someone fairly high up on the Swindon board and I have been reliably informed we have had a bid accepted for Charlie Austin.

Don't have any further details or how much the fee is etc.

On 25th January 2011 Danny Wilson said no deal had been accepted from any club, but Blackpool were getting close.

Seems to me you took a punt at a likely transfer target and are now trying to claim credit should it go ahead.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Why?

You said on the 4th January that Saints had agreed a deal with Swindon.

A few days ago Danny Wilson said no deal had been accepted from any club, but Blackpool were getting close.

Seems to me you took a punt at a likely transfer target and are now trying to claim credit should it go ahead.

A deal was agreed in the principle but due to other clubs joining the hunt the goal posts were moved. I do have some further info but to save myself from being slated by morons such as yourself I'll keep it under wraps until it's pulled off.

A deal was agreed in the principle but due to other clubs joining the hunt the goal posts were moved. I do have some further info but to save myself from being slated by morons such as yourself I'll keep it under wraps until it's pulled off.

when you say goalposts were moved do you mean we had to up the transfer fee or up the contract offered to the player (have we got that far?)?

still dont think he will come but didnt we agree a fee with someone for andy reid when saggy chops was boss! H e went to spurs as Harry said he would! More than likely, Swindon could agree a fee with all 4 clubs theoretically! up to the player

We did, when he was still at Forest.

I don't think it ever got to the stage of him coming for talks though.

I think it was a bit of a publicity stunt if im honest by Lowe to show that he's ''backing'' redknapp.

still dont think he will come but didnt we agree a fee with someone for andy reid when saggy chops was boss! H e went to spurs as Harry said he would! More than likely, Swindon could agree a fee with all 4 clubs theoretically! up to the player

Yes. Was cash plus Darren Kenton and Brett Ormerod IIRC. Guess the only chance we'd have of signing Austin over the other 3 clubs mentioned is if Austin doesn't want to move away very far.

Probably our biggest asset is the ability to pay fees up front.

That is irrelevant as Swindon have agreed terms with another club. If Swindon have accepted more bids than just from Ipswich then it is now down to player preference (wages, location, ambition of club etc), not the clubs terms for the transfer structure.

That is irrelevant as Swindon have agreed terms with another club. If Swindon have accepted more bids than just from Ipswich then it is now down to player preference (wages, location, ambition of club etc), not the clubs terms for the transfer structure.

I suspect the goalposts could be moved as they would be if a higher bid now came in.

How about, sending a PM to one of the Admins on here - a metaphorical sealed envelope which can then be opened and independently verified after the event?

Is this the same Sky that reported Keegan was "on the brink" of becoming Saints manager last summer, and that Ward from Coventry had signed, and AO-C has been "poised" to sign for Arsenal for the past 3weeks!

Yes